Autopsy Geelong QF loses to Richmond by 51 points

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't play 'Geelong football' anymore. Even when we were a shit club we still played attacking, attractive football. We've become such a dour side as of late, any glimmer of attacking flair seems to be snuffed out quick-smart.

We just scored 5 goals in a final and we elected to drop our 2nd leading goal-kicker. It boggles the mind. If there's not a serious response next week in the Semi then the club needs to re-evaluate where we're actually at.

I am f***ing furious to be honest.

To put out a performance like that, and to then almost look to be not trying after they kicked the first couple of the last.. disgusting

What is the point of making finals if you consistently serve up that shit.

Fumble fumble fumble city, we struggle with pressure yet we bloody invite it

Diabolical, worst final under Scott to date, absolute disgrace.

I'm done watching finals with this current team and as Scott as coach.

BIG CHANGES ARE NEEDED!!!!

Our last two finals have pretty much been the same. One quarter really torn apart. So many turnovers. Just a pathetic display.

Visitor change rooms.
Richmond home pre-game antics.
Selwood being told he's the visitor by the umpire at the toss.
Yep... home Final.
**** you AFL.
Stupid tiger growl after every goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

51 points. Heaps of scuffles. Normally up for a scuffle but just keeping quiet. I suspect we'll be back here. Surely we get a home semi next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a player that was as physically imposing as Chris Scott was, it's disappointing that the style of footy he has implemented in his teams as a coach is the antithesis of what he was as a player. I don't understand why Geelong is constantly found wanting when our opponents apply high intensity pressure, and it happens again and again in finals. It's a complete mystery to me, especially as it doesn't require footballers to be highly skilled, even 'spuds' should be able to apply high intensity/pressure footy.

got to say - im happy for richmond.

good luck to them. we werent up to it AT ALL, and im glad it is the tigers taking the prelim final spot from us. they can seriously win it all from here.

Yep, as disappointed as I am I said at the beginning of the finals that, if not Geelong, I hope Richmond go all the way. They're a great team to watch this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong QF loses to Richmond by 51 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back