Preview Geelong V Hawthorn Mon April 18 3:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope their coach doesn’t decide to pull on the boots this week. Smashed us in the middle quite a few times..
Sam Mitchell doesn’t get the recognition that he deserved as a player I think. Definitely in the Gaz junior, Judd, hodge level ..
Excellent post - couldnt agree more

And the best example is the last qtr of the 2013 PF - Mitchell single handedly ( well he did have some help from Burgoyne ) won that game for them - no Mitchell that qtr and the Hawks dont win - it is as simple as that

And what was most annoying is so called Geel super star midfielders like Corey Kelly Bartel to name a few - none of them said to themselves - look Mitchell is getting off the chain - i will quell him - none of them could ( Danger who gets bagged ridiculously on this forum - but is miles better than any other Geel midfielder than Ablett - he might have been actually able to do something )

Ling very good player and all the rest of it - had a good record on Mitchell ( but Lingy use to cheat and they actually changed the rules ) he would wrap his arm around his stomach . I can remember watching a Geel v W/Coast game - and Ling was standing 1 inch behind Daniel Kerr - and he had his arm wrapped around his chest and Stupid Robert Walls said - look he is not holding him

Mitchell had a very good football brain - and had great skill on the non preferred left foot - he kicked those left foot drop punt passes like bullets - that aspect of his game is why i allways rated him miles better than Pendlebury

Excellent post - couldnt agree more

And the best example is the last qtr of the 2013 PF - Mitchell single handedly ( well he did have some help from Burgoyne ) won that game for them - no Mitchell that qtr and the Hawks dont win - it is as simple as that

And what was most annoying is so called Geel super star midfielders like Corey Kelly Bartel to name a few - none of them said to themselves - look Mitchell is getting off the chain - i will quell him - none of them could ( Danger who gets bagged ridiculously on this forum - but is miles better than any other Geel midfielder than Ablett - he might have been actually able to do something )

Ling very good player and all the rest of it - had a good record on Mitchell ( but Lingy use to cheat and they actually changed the rules ) he would wrap his arm around his stomach . I can remember watching a Geel v W/Coast game - and Ling was standing 1 inch behind Daniel Kerr - and he had his arm wrapped around his chest and Stupid Robert Walls said - look he is not holding him

Mitchell had a very good football brain - and had great skill on the non preferred left foot - he kicked those left foot drop punt passes like bullets - that aspect of his game is why i allways rated him miles better than Pendlebury

Bartel may not be a better overall player than Dangerfield but I think most would pick him over Danger every day of the week.
Bartel was a colossus in the finals back in the day. I doubt we win the 2009 grand final if he did not sacrifice his game and negate Lenny Hayes that day.
Obviously delivered yet again in the 2011 grannie.

Dangerfield is an excellent player but something's just amiss with his overall game.

Hmm not sure about Lewis. Has a Sam Weideman feel about him. Will play a few good games here and there.. but is a bit bog average mostly.

I think both weid and Lewis are just average forwards that will have a string of good games when they feel like it.

Weid is past it, Ben Brown has single handily caused his downfall.

Bartel may not be a better overall player than Dangerfield but I think most would pick him over Danger every day of the week.
Bartel was a colossus in the finals back in the day. I doubt we win the 2009 grand final if he did not sacrifice his game and negate Lenny Hayes that day.

Dangerfield is an excellent player but something's just amiss with his overall game.
I agree but would he have been able to do it in our current team who knows which is why i hate comparing players from different gens

No way

Danger has artificially propped up average/good/mediocre Geel teams for years - which he gets no credit for at all

When Lewis has played good he’s been one of the better key forwards in the league. But I’ll bet that he won’t have an impact on Monday’s game. Which may raise concerns of “inconsistency” which is a step towards being titled average.

Didn't Adelaide go on to play in a grand final when he left?

Mate - you look at a current struggling team like say the current Nth Melb

You put Dangerfield or Bartel ( both at their peak ) in that team

Danger would have an instant huge affect on that teams performances - Bartel wouldnt

Danger has done alot of heavy lifting week in week out - for years - and he gets no credit for it whatsoever

Mate - you look at a current struggling team like say the current Nth Melb

You put Dangerfield or Bartel ( both at their peak ) in that team

Danger would have an instant huge affect on that teams performances - Bartel wouldnt

Danger has done alot of heavy lifting week in week out - for years - and he gets no credit for it whatsoever

Bartel in his prime would be awesome in the current North team.
He did win a Brownlow medal so he was no slouch. Probably one of the best mid sized aerialists in the modern era. Never kicked goals like Dangerfield but I just think you are underselling Bartel a tad. That midfield of ours was scary good. Kelly, Corey, Jnr, Ottens, Bartel, Chapman, Ling. Amazing.

For anyone calling Mitch Lewis average or just no good
I suggest you watch his highlights of 2022
Kid is a good player and has come on alot early than most other key forwards
He's average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did win a Brownlow medal so he was no slouch. Probably one of the best mid sized aerialists in the modern era. Never kicked goals like Dangerfield but I just think you are underselling Bartel a tad. That midfield of ours was scary good. Kelly, Corey, Jnr, Ottens, Bartel, Chapman, Ling. Amazing.
Which was an absolute joke beating Ablett that year - who won the Geel B/F in a canter that year

How short-sighted.
Might as well move on, we aren’t going to agree. Just highlighting double standards on here.

P.S. his kicking is a double standard to the treatment of Dahlhaus for the same problem

Not to mention Joel.

I just hope their coach doesn’t decide to pull on the boots this week. Smashed us in the middle quite a few times..
Sam Mitchell doesn’t get the recognition that he deserved as a player I think. Definitely in the Gaz junior, Judd, hodge level ..
I agree. Never wasted the pill. Good left and right. Bit of mongrel, unbreakable hair.
What more could you want?

Esava Ratugolea: [We're] giving him a few more days. We've still got some confidence that we're only Friday now, by Monday he'll be a good chance. But again, for us it's not necessarily a binary decision that he's right so he plays or he's not, so he doesn't, there are a few more things given we're only at Round 5 that we need to consider with a younger, developing player. We want him in such physical shape that he can perform really well as opposed to just getting through.
Well, that would be a frickin novelty if Esava was even close to "performing really well" given recent totally sh!te Esava contributions - WTF Scott - are you blind?

Yes and no. I agree for now leave him in defence settle him in one spot while he finds his feet at afl level.
But i get where the other poster is coming from all the data tells us its not hard to get top line kpd late in the draft but its very hard to get top line kpf later in drafts so if he shows the same ability at both ends you make him a KPF long term. But not now.

I understand where you are coming from.
And I completely disagree.

Can you trade for a kolo? Yep easy.
Can you trade for an Andrew’s? Yep, not so easy.

If DeKoning ends up being a star down back then you just don’t move him.

How long will we keep Kolo?
How many more years will Blicavs play?

Please don’t tell me that when Hawkins and Blicavs go that we play DeKoning forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back