Game Day Geelong V Melbourne Sat Mar30 7:25 pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's all this about the weather? It's cool but not freezing and some showers not a downpour. It shouldn't affect the game.
I'm at Leopold and some of the rain we've had has been crazy - seemed almost horizontal earlier today

We get the odd bit of blue sky followed by more rain - I'm thinking it's going to be the same for the rest of the day, we may not get persistent rain but just feels like it will rain on & off during the game. Plus, it's only 13c (Geelong) at the moment which is really really cold (closer to freezing than just cool) for this time of year, maybe not single digits yet but bordering on being one our colder home games for some time

Of course but I've seen it far too often on this board. It's eerie. It's much the same when there's negativity and we end up winning like in round 1. Again eerie.

It's a pretty normal human trait to remember unanticipated negative outcomes. Just know that it's your primate brain trying to make sure you don't get chased out the cave by a bear again

It's a pretty normal human trait to remember unanticipated negative outcomes. Just know that it's your primate brain trying to make sure you don't get chased out the cave by a bear again
um-no-gif.gif

Pretty poor that there are no undercover seats for Members that do not have a Reserved Seat. Pay the money for a membership, then they still want another $60 to sit out of the rain. It's either stand in the rain or not go

How windy is it- or will it get

I looked up the weather forecast this morning - hour by hour - it said ( game period ) 25kms winds

Those opposition sides hate when it is windy at KP
The latest reading from BOM for Geelong is 12.7c, wind speed of 22km/hr with gusts of 39km/hr

Looking forward to following this game tonight. I can't watch it as I'm overseas in NZ, so looking forward to following it here and on the AFL website. I'm really not sure what to expect as I think Melbourne at their best might be too good, but will they be at their best? Hard to say really. They'll be pretty confident and they'll throw everything at us. It'll be a great test for some of our younger players. I'm stating the obvious here, but if Stanley can nullify Gawn, it'll go a long way to winning this game..

How windy is it- or will it get

I looked up the weather forecast this morning - hour by hour - it said ( game period ) 25kms winds

Those opposition sides hate when it is windy at KP

Its mild for a geelong winters night ... brisk for an autumn night.. and its blustery ...

Pretty poor that there are no undercover seats for Members that do not have a Reserved Seat. Pay the money for a membership, then they still want another $60 to sit out of the rain. It's either stand in the rain or not go
Supply v Demand. There's a reason why different areas of the ground have different prices. I understand the frustration, but charging more for some seats allows the club to keep the cost down on the less desirable seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it doesn't mean much in the scheme of things, but it's interesting that we beat Collingwood last week, Collingwood beat Richmond this week, Richmond beat Carlton last week, Carlton are currently leading against Port Adelaide, and Port Adelaide beat Melbourne last week.

By that rationale, we should win tonight. :p

New 1/2 Cat mascot this year - I swear that throughout the AFLW season it was the same mascot as last year, but tonight we have a new outfit & I'm quite sure a new person because they seem a different build from our former 1/2 Cat.

And if our former 1/2 Cat has retired I wish him so the best, because I know how passionate he was in the role and the great job he did for many years

3CCABDAB-44AC-4A4D-B150-485C42644247.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back