Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

I think considering Cameron played some good football up the ground and finished ahead of him on goals, Cameron would have to edge out Curnow.

Stengle in as well.

It would be nice for Max to make the squad of 40.

I feel pretty confident Stengle makes the team. Don't think Jez deserves to personally but people seems to be talking him up. IMO he'll just miss out, as Curnow has been way more consistent and will go past him on goals tomorrow. Holmes strikes me as having played the classic "needs to play that way for multiple years before we reward you with selection" year, so I feel like he's lineball and will probably just miss.
It'll be awesome to watch Curnow kick sausage rolls from the stands.

Don't think Jez deserves to personally but people seems to be talking him up. IMO he'll just miss out, as Curnow has been way more consistent and will go past him on goals tomorrow.

Curnow isn’t playing tomorrow, Jez is all but certain to finish runner up in the Coleman. Quite remarkable given he’s had some very poor games by his lofty standards, and also entire games where he’s barely stepped foot inside the F50.

The other thing in the Jezza vs Curnow debate - Jezza has played the one extra game with Charlie missing the last 2 games of the season

I know Jezza had his own quiet games during the season, but Curnow finished with no goals versus Collingwood, a lone goal when smashed by Hawthorn & then misses the last 2 games

If recency bias comes into things, Jezza may just edge him out after today

If we are trading future firsts WC will
Have no idea what picks they will be.

They could be 15, 4 & 3 for all they know.

Yes but given geelong has been top 4 13 of the last 17 years would you bet on it? No and wce wont.

Not all future 1sts are equal.

Reid is better than 95 % of young players traded which is the reality.

I understand what you are saying but thats what he will cost.

Personally i wouldnt trade for him at the price either id pass.
Yeah but I think you're putting up an unrealistically high trade price and then saying it's unrealistic.

Random events like sav leaving and Essendon wanting to move up one pick landed us two extra seconds last year. You can't predict two years or what we'll have and you can't not try talk him into coming. It's just leaving opportunity on the table

Good win and hopefully nothing serious on the injury front.

If Duncan gets a contract I think the club has lost the plot. He’s as close to cooked as I’ve seen a Geelong player in a long time. I don’t care if people think too many are retiring at once - purely from a playing perspective he is 100% done.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Duncan's had a rough few weeks for sure but before then was tracking fine.

At his worst I can't see him being offered a contract being any more harmful than the likes of Menegola and Dahlhaus playing out their last year mostly in the magoos.

Holmes, Stengle and Cameron all playing well today will have done their AA chances a world of good. Thoughts on which of them (if any) will make it?

I feel pretty confident Stengle makes the team. Don't think Jez deserves to personally but people seems to be talking him up. IMO he'll just miss out, as Curnow has been way more consistent and will go past him on goals tomorrow. Holmes strikes me as having played the classic "needs to play that way for multiple years before we reward you with selection" year, so I feel like he's lineball and will probably just miss.
No chance.
Holmes, Stengle and Cameron all playing well today will have done their AA chances a world of good. Thoughts on which of them (if any) will make it?

I repeat: no chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but I think you're putting up an unrealistically high trade price and then saying it's unrealistic.

Random events like sav leaving and Essendon wanting to move up one pick landed us two extra seconds last year. You can't predict two years or what we'll have and you can't not try talk him into coming. It's just leaving opportunity on the table

Live trades are not relevant though because they come way way after the trades have to be done. Teams always pay more on draft night than before it.

As for the other bit nothing is an exact science bc i agree a lot can change in 2 years.
But i am very confident in predicting that reid by 2026 will be worth at least 2 top 10 picks plus more and that we wont have those picks/wce wont think our future picks are worth that, to meet the asking price.

I'll be happy to admit if i end up being wrong but i doubt it happens.

This was a game of contrasts
First Half = Grand Finalist
Second Half = Out in Two
Did Cats nap or Run out of Puff?
First Half : Ran hard, Tackles stuck
Second Half : Stood still, Tackles weak.
Clear indication of : Avoid Injury Mode

Second Half was still a big concern
Other teams won't concede defeat.
Believing Cats will Stop or will Fold
Cats needed to slow the game down
Maintain Possession & Control Tempo

Good win showed cats have the ability
Would be nice to also have some luck
Have a feeling, Old Cats ain't done yet

2x round 1s, a round 2, like 4 round 3/4s

they also got Willie Rioli and a rd2 and rd3 back

The trade you propose for Harley is basically double
Port made out like absolute bandits in that trade though, and Norf meekly and pathetically folded - gave up JHF (pick 1) and their pick 1 for picks 2,3 a future 1st and some trash.

Curnow must be good it he can kick them from up in the stands

As for Curnow - not sure goals kicked in video games count, and players don’t tend to kick too many from the stands. Curnow was withdrawn from the match on Friday morning, and pretty sure there’s still question marks over McGovern’s availability

It'll be awesome to watch Curnow kick sausage rolls from the stands.

Curnow isn’t playing tomorrow, Jez is all but certain to finish runner up in the Coleman.

giphy.gif

Similar performance, harder draw. We were not that convincing for much of the season. I can see a world where we draw a resurgent Hawks twice (now featuring a backline) and GWS twice for the top 6 double up, they'd be my choice due to rivalry and history of upsets respectively. Port also an option.

Twice against Collingwood without their injury run this time, Dogs twice for the middle 6 which gives them tension recent premiers and again potential Kardinia park upsets.

Bottom 6 I'd assume saints again the highest probability for an upset and whoever else, I guess Tigers maybe.

If I was building a schedule that had the most entertainment value I would choose that and I think it'll be worth more than the two extra losses and % to get us out of the 8.

I guess I'll hold fire until the actual draw comes out but that's the scenario I expect

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back