Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

If sdk is fit I really do think it should be sdk in and blicavs out next game. Blicavs has been playing as poorly as hawkins was. I dont know why it is being brushed over.
Blicavs played well from where we were sitting.

If your achilles is shot then ice is of no use.
It wasn't shot. He underwent a lot of massage, and had several trial runs- hardly the thing you do if Achilles is "shot". Looked as if there was a lot of conjecture about him returning to play, and they delayed Bews for some time.

Last edited:
Yep if he stays keen wait till he’s a FA. Humphries and Neale are too important and agree the Weags will want plenty.

100 % id wait til FA time. But many other teams wont.

I dare say some of them didn’t grow up watching the club in the early days …I don’t take any of this for granted it’s been a joy the last 20 years but I remember the finals losses before this golden era and some posters even witnessed the even darker days before the 80’s/90’s

Entitled is being too kind
I started following the Cats in 1975. Completely new to footy being whisked into Geelong at a very young age from Singapore. Dark days aplenty. Ray Card the hard unit back then. Did the sneak into the ground and stand on beer cans in the outer. The ground and trains were dangerous for teenagers back then, but every game was worth it.

80s and 90s, so damn close. Went to 4 losing GFs

What we have had from this club since 2004 is beyond my wildest dreams. Given me so much joy. Watching our champions give so much and all the people we don't see behind the scenes doing thier bit. The consistency and the culture and doing this for 20 years with bugger all top 10 picks.

GFC is amazing. Thanks Tommy and Zac.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

I can imagine the posts that would had happened if the injuries piled up in the second half and they went all out with exhaustion with an even limited amount of rotation and missing players in an attempt to securing a even bigger margin win , for only the same results to happen with the other games not going our way

I really really don’t get it at all
Exactly. Imagine if we lost Danger and Jezza. This week I take the weaker second half and keep as many of our players healthy.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Eagles go wah wah

Especially when Harley Reid wants to come to his favourite club... Harley who today? Tom Atkins owned him like a little biatch

People can have their own level of standards.

We are a great club.

But we didn't capitalise today like we should have.

I'm not interested in participation awards... I want flags.
We are a great club.... perhaps the greatest of all in the last 18 years with a list of success and competing unparalleled in the history of the game to this point.

And yes id agree I think we all want flags.

But to get flags in the era of inequality, moving NGA boundaries, weighted drafts, Academy concessions and fixtures etc, you have to make the 8 or Top 4 consistently to have a chance.

Doing that is entirely against the grain and ethos or mantra of the AFL system. So to be in that position again is entirely remarkable and because of that achieving Flags every season is just impossible.

So while we once again roll into our 18th Finals series of the last 21 years (are you ****ing kidding me that stat is just ridiculous) we look at the Dons that haven't won a final in that same time period.. nearly 7000 days. Heppell retired after 250 games with no Finals win. Selwood went out playing in 40. Lawson Humphries if fit will have played in at least 2 by seasons end.

GCS are still looking to play Finals and they have had the golden glove of gifts from the AFL gods and systems.
North lost a PF in 2014 I think and have been unsighted in the last 10 years.
The Eagles won a flag in 18 and have 6 years later just been demolished by 93 points and apart from Reid and maybe Allen have nothing on their list to look forward too and could be 4 years away from anything.

Freo cant win outside WA, Richmond won 3, their last 4 years ago and have blown up their team and whilst getting picks in will be 3 years away from making it back IMO.

So yeah, we all want flags but they are so effing hard to get. I dont want to see an early finals exit but we all know we are punching above our weight here.

We made the Top 4 - will get at least 2 Finals games into the kids and who knows... if its our day our best is good enough when we are able to turn it on. I for one am gonna enjoy the ride and be excited for the future as well - knowing that we will once again do our best to be in a position to compete again next year. Oh yeah.. Chris Scott wins nearly 3 of 4 games in the HA season. Just south of 75% wins in his career.

Whilst striving each year is the goal, the results we are posting and have posting are still incredible.
Im enjoying the successes, the ride and hope it long continues.

And this season aint over yet.

After all.. We Are Geelong.

GO Catters

85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards
and using Karlous Miller.... if you have never laughed at this guy's stuff... I highly recommend it.

GO Catters

Oh yeah.. Chris Scott wins nearly 3 of 4 games in the HA season. Just south of 75% wins in his career.
It's a crazy stat. You don't accidentally achieve something like this. The guy will go down as one of the greats. But if he jags another flag or two, he'd be in the conversation for the greatest ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but given geelong has been top 4 13 of the last 17 years would you bet on it? No and wce wont.

Not all future 1sts are equal.
But they could sell it to their fans, like gws sold the Cameron bounty to their fans:
THREE FIRST ROUNDERS!!!!1!1!*

* actually not really

We are a great club.... perhaps the greatest of all in the last 18 years with a list of success and competing unparalleled in the history of the game to this point.

And yes id agree I think we all want flags.

But to get flags in the era of inequality, moving NGA boundaries, weighted drafts, Academy concessions and fixtures etc, you have to make the 8 or Top 4 consistently to have a chance.

Doing that is entirely against the grain and ethos or mantra of the AFL system. So to be in that position again is entirely remarkable and because of that achieving Flags every season is just impossible.

So while we once again roll into our 18th Finals series of the last 21 years (are you ****ing kidding me that stat is just ridiculous) we look at the Dons that haven't won a final in that same time period.. nearly 7000 days. Heppell retired after 250 games with no Finals win. Selwood went out playing in 40. Lawson Humphries if fit will have played in at least 2 by seasons end.

GCS are still looking to play Finals and they have had the golden glove of gifts from the AFL gods and systems.
North lost a PF in 2014 I think and have been unsighted in the last 10 years.
The Eagles won a flag in 18 and have 6 years later just been demolished by 93 points and apart from Reid and maybe Allen have nothing on their list to look forward too and could be 4 years away from anything.

Freo cant win outside WA, Richmond won 3, their last 4 years ago and have blown up their team and whilst getting picks in will be 3 years away from making it back IMO.

So yeah, we all want flags but they are so effing hard to get. I dont want to see an early finals exit but we all know we are punching above our weight here.

We made the Top 4 - will get at least 2 Finals games into the kids and who knows... if its our day our best is good enough when we are able to turn it on. I for one am gonna enjoy the ride and be excited for the future as well - knowing that we will once again do our best to be in a position to compete again next year. Oh yeah.. Chris Scott wins nearly 3 of 4 games in the HA season. Just south of 75% wins in his career.

Whilst striving each year is the goal, the results we are posting and have posting are still incredible.
Im enjoying the successes, the ride and hope it long continues.

And this season aint over yet.

After all.. We Are Geelong.

GO Catters
This …absolutely amazing ride the last 20 years and with the kids we have it may not be over just yet

Think about how many clubs would give their first horns to have even half the success this club has had

Similar performance, harder draw. We were not that convincing for much of the season. I can see a world where we draw a resurgent Hawks twice (now featuring a backline) and GWS twice for the top 6 double up, they'd be my choice due to rivalry and history of upsets respectively. Port also an option.

Twice against Collingwood without their injury run this time, Dogs twice for the middle 6 which gives them tension recent premiers and again potential Kardinia park upsets.

Bottom 6 I'd assume saints again the highest probability for an upset and whoever else, I guess Tigers maybe.

If I was building a schedule that had the most entertainment value I would choose that and I think it'll be worth more than the two extra losses and % to get us out of the 8.

I guess I'll hold fire until the actual draw comes out but that's the scenario I expect
You put too much weight on the importance of draw toughness.

So what's better , Sydney in Sydney or Port in adelaide
Sydney in Sydney
Personally I'd consider Sydney harder to beat. Port have a history of choking at home in finals. I'd like our chances in Adelaide.
Port play differently at home in Finals
We are close to no chance against them there
GWS away is currently the toughest qualifying final matchup
Port for mine
Then Sydney
With GWS being the easier of the 3 at home

If Humphries is fit for F1, what are we going to do with Duncan? The bloke is clearly cooked - sub last week, and only managed 14 disposals against WCE playing the easiest role in the game. The most concerning part is he's looked slow and fumbly all year, offers almost nothing defensively.

If Humphries is fit for F1, what are we going to do with Duncan? The bloke is clearly cooked - sub last week, and only managed 14 disposals against WCE playing the easiest role in the game. The most concerning part is he's looked slow and fumbly all year, offers almost nothing defensively.
Have to agree. Mitch is a shadow of his former self at the moment.

Personally I'd consider Sydney harder to beat. Port have a history of choking at home in finals. I'd like our chances in Adelaide.
Here's our immediate problem, no matter who we play - we allowed the worst Eagles team to ever play at KP kick 11.9 (75). Having said that. Jack Henry was superb.

Here's our immediate problem, no matter who we play - we allowed the worst Eagles team to ever play at KP kick 11.9 (75). Having said that. Jack Henry was superb.
I wouldn't over think it. They kicked 2 goals to half time and we went into injury prevention mode

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back