Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

Great 360 clip with the alternate commentary, but f*** that hurts.
Can't help but admire (and hate) the Cats, given their refusal to lose to us. Here's hoping we meet again in a few weeks time :thumbsu:

Holy crap I saw your avatar and thought you were shepp for a second. Almost died.
Luckily just before my heart was about to burst I saw your name... whew!

A bump for those with some late November " what the bloody hell do I watch" now blues.....

GO Catters

I forget how far he had to kick it after seeing an alternate view, he's actually kicked from 52 metres and it's sailed past the fence...must have cleared every bit of 60 metres that drop punt :thumbsu:

under the laws of the game, would Mackie's tackle on Osborne be holding the ball?

Osborne took him on and subsequently dropped the ball while Mackie was in the act of dispossessing him.

under the laws of the game, would Mackie's tackle on Osborne be holding the ball?

Osborne took him on and subsequently dropped the ball while Mackie was in the act of dispossessing him.
Was thinking the exact same thing after watching that just then. Surely it was HTB, and if it wasn't, it should be. :confused:

The ball was out of bounds when duddy kicked it.
dudmn.png

Was thinking the exact same thing after watching that just then. Surely it was HTB, and if it wasn't, it should be. :confused:

Didn't hold him, did he, just tried to grab him and missed?

Had a case of needing footy last weekend and watched the 2009 Season DVD. Wow we were good, no we were great. Thanks for the reminder on beating Hawks again, love Stevie Js effort lifting Hawkins off the ground. Keeps getting better. Just heard Ottens on SEN and he was very excited about our next couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a case of needing footy last weekend and watched the 2009 Season DVD. Wow we were good, no we were great. Thanks for the reminder on beating Hawks again, love Stevie Js effort lifting Hawkins off the ground. Keeps getting better. Just heard Ottens on SEN and he was very excited about our next couple of years.

Arent we all? :)
I do wonder sometimes if its just supporters optimism or there really is that potential there to build ANOTHER great team (with remnants of the "old" CHAMPION team directing them).

Great work T-Bone! Love it!

Here is a video I just made of all 14 of Gary Ablett's goals against Essendon in Round 6, 1993.

Flicking through old vids in this thread (I'm bored ok :p), I wonder what kind of supercoach score he would have gotten!
What was it, 25 kicks, 12 marks, 14.7, few frees for. 250?
What was buddys 13 goal stats/score?

Flicking through old vids in this thread (I'm bored ok :p), I wonder what kind of supercoach score he would have gotten!

that game's boring :p
you gotta watch his 'Panasonic Cup' capitulation of Carlton in 87, he couldn't stop jumping and they put three different opponents onto him but he still prevailed.

He reminded me of a white Michael Jordan :D
truly a phenomenal athlete around that time and he made the others around him look rather amateurish.

I'll upload a few bits and pieces over the weekend.
Some stuff that hasn't been seen before

that game's boring :p
you gotta watch his 'Panasonic Cup' capitulation of Carlton in 87, he couldn't stop jumping and they put three different opponents onto him but he still prevailed.

He reminded me of a white Michael Jordan :D
truly a phenomenal athlete around that time and he made the others around him look rather amateurish.

I'll upload a few bits and pieces over the weekend.
Some stuff that hasn't been seen before

I gotta say I dont know the game!
looking forward to it.

I love watching this clip :)
One of my favourites, the fact this person even thought of recording it on his phone given he's a Geelong supporter and they were losing with seconds remaining...makes it even better viewing.
It's like he knew what was about to transpire so provided us with some great theatre.

Was there that day. Salmon was also unstoppable at the other end. If memory serves me correctly, he went down early in the 3rd Q with a leg injury and finished the day with 11. 25 goals between the spearheads. What a show! Good thing for us 'the Fish' did hobble off as he was on fire and probably would have kicked 16.

I love watching this clip :)
One of my favourites, the fact this person even thought of recording it on his phone given he's a Geelong supporter and they were losing with seconds remaining...makes it even better viewing.
It's like he knew what was about to transpire so provided us with some great theatre.

for anyone wanting to see anguish.....particularly Hawks anguish.... pause it at about 1:41. The ground is littered with it.....

I'll stop enjoying this by Xmas I promise.....

GO Catters

he doesn't get credit for his explosive turn of speed but he has gears and it's just one of the things that makes him such a champion.

Was there that day. Salmon was also unstoppable at the other end. If memory serves me correctly, he went down early in the 3rd Q with a leg injury and finished the day with 11. 25 goals between the spearheads. What a show! Good thing for us 'the Fish' did hobble off as he was on fire and probably would have kicked 16.

So was I. Memories of the game very hazy now but what a privilege it was to witness the shootout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back