No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints list is no where, they need a total rebuild, I'll be shocked if they finsih above us any time in the next 8 years
I dislike St. Kilda so I am happy with how they are going, but it's early in the season and there list is okay so it may end up being the coach!

I don't see them playing for him at this stage.

By the time Stain Kilda realised the need to rebuild the list, their senior players had lost currency and were able to walk out as free agents for picks in the teens in compromised drafts. This is also before future trading and the points loophole so ruthlessly exploited by Sillvagni et al in 2015. What's happening now was always the most likely outcome.

In a way, they're victims of bad timing through no fault of their own - can't blame them for going hard in 2010/11. In another, more accurate way... **** 'em.
It's more how they've never traded out some of their one-dimensional (but talented) midfield to create something more dynamic.

They then had zero investment in developing talls beyond burning pick 1 on McCartin, and pick 21 in the same draft on the sluggish Hugh Goddard.

It's more how they've never traded out some of their one-dimensional (but talented) midfield to create something more dynamic.

They then had zero investment in developing talls beyond burning pick 1 on McCartin, and pick 21 in the same draft on the sluggish Hugh Goddard.

I agree with your second point, but they just never had the currency to work with due to a failure to regenerate while they were still winning. Not many good talls in those drafts taken outside the top 15 bar Rory Lobb.

I agree with your second point, but they just never had the currency to work with due to a failure to regenerate while they were still winning. Not many good talls in those drafts taken outside the top 15 bar Rory Lobb.
I'm not talking about trading for top 20 picks ncessarily, they just needed to churn through their 2nd string and draft some more.

They also threw away pick 5 in 2015 for Carlisle, so there's your tall (Weideman, McKay or Curnow).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that was the comment Mebby, then Hardwick is a ....

tenor.gif

Collingwood show up with half the intensity on display now and we will be massacred.
still a close loss helps my mood a touch........they'll have the same warm, fuzzy feeling of delusion we carried all this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back