No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn & Geelong kept it together because they had a number of leaders. There is a dearth of good leadership at the Dogs.
leadership pawcity

I really feel for the Bulldogs and their supporters right now. Normally I love reading melt threads (especially Collingwood ones), but visiting the WB board just makes me sad.

Easton Wood up forward needs to stop ASAP.

I really feel for the Bulldogs and their supporters right now. Normally I love reading melt threads (especially Collingwood ones), but visiting the WB board just makes me sad.

Easton Wood up forward needs to stop ASAP.

It was funny when they called 2017 a “Gap Year” - but if it creeps over to another year - they are going to sound like a parent’s lazy arse uni student fart arsing their way through uni.

JaB's point on disposal is valid. If they drew a line now and started paying incorrect disposal, the game would see a definite slow down and supporters would be screaming. Fact is we are throwing the ******* thing nowadays.
The AFL needs to either embrace or outlaw the throw. At the moment it is the unofficial 3rd means of legal disposal. Paying the free for incorrect disposal would dissipate congestion pretty quickly.

View attachment 473630

......and now, Billy Gowers ahead of Daniel, Jong and Dickson. :) good on him.
There's something going on down there. Definitely not a happy place. Mitch Wallis didn't get a gig either.....might just be gettable via FA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

advertising
They won't stop the clock for ads, they'll just run the longer segments during the trade clock. Still a 60-80 minute screening no matter how they break it up.

Seems stupid to have it over two days. Don't see why that'd be necessary at all. Just start it earlier in the afternoon if you need to.
They'll want prime time for the first round, and prime time for the post-draft wrap. But the analysis is going to have make a huge jump, including lead-up coverage. Last year's was still rubbish.

I'd be happy with 3 hours on the first night (pre-draft, 1st & 2nd round, interviews and analysis), then 3 hours on the second day.

Seems stupid to have it over two days. Don't see why that'd be necessary at all. Just start it earlier in the afternoon if you need to.

First time having live pick trading...might be better to allow extra time so a) clubs don't make silly mistakes due to limited time, and b) the AFL can monitor deals closely and assess whether particular trades are reasonable.

Hopefully in future years they can tighten it up.

That being said...first time round, I'd be surprised if the number of live pick trades exceeds single figures.

I like the idea of live draft trading from a strategic POV. From a TV viewer perspective however the draft will be unwatchable.
It won't: we'll get a fun clip show when they hash out trades. I suspect most trades will be pre-organised by teams so they can quickly finalise.

The AFL aren't proposing this because the game NEEDs it. They're doing it for the same reasons they seem to be doing every other bloody thing - they want to monetise the crap out of it and think by turning the game into a NFL/NBL/any other American sport wannabe, people will watch/pay and they will get ratings/moolah/world domination. This has nothing to do with what is good for the game as it is now, because the AFL doesn't want the game to remain as it is now.

The AFL aren't proposing this because the game NEEDs it. They're doing it for the same reasons they seem to be doing every other bloody thing - they want to monetise the crap out of it and think by turning the game into a NFL/NBL/any other American sport wannabe, people will watch/pay and they will get ratings/moolah/world domination. This has nothing to do with what is good for the game as it is now, because the AFL doesn't want the game to remain as it is now.
What she said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back