No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In all our years of spudness did we ever receive a prioroty pick? Apart from the one they took straight back off us with the rest of our picks?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Murph was a priority pick as we had pick 1 and 4 that year.
Kruz was a priority pick, Tigers finished last that year but we still got pick 1

so we still got 3 after you include Walker.

Murph was a priority pick as we had pick 1 and 4 that year.
Kruz was a priority pick, Tigers finished last that year but we still got pick 1

so we still got 3 after you include Walker.
As a matter of interest, we still have 3 priority picks on our playing list if you include Daisy, who was a priority pick for the Magpies.

As a matter of interest, we still have 3 priority picks on our playing list if you include Daisy, who was a priority pick for the Magpies.
Pretty good draft for Carlton & Collingwood in 2005 , we got Murphy and Kennedy (1 & 4) and Pies got Thomas & Pendlebury (2 & 5).

Some good players in the first round and the only name i dont recall playing was Beau Dowler who Hawthorn took at 6.

Pretty good draft for Carlton & Collingwood in 2005 , we got Murphy and Kennedy (1 & 4) and Pies got Thomas & Pendlebury (2 & 5).

Some good players in the first round and the only name i dont recall playing was Beau Dowler who Hawthorn took at 6.
Dowler's cause wasn't helped by him suffering a broken pelvis in a car accident just prior to being drafted. He ended up playing 16 games for the Hawks, 2 of which were against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As it won't be and can't be, for too much longer.

Sure it can. Theres no reason why it cant.

Soft from the AFL again. Too worried about what the majority will think in the short term, to make the call they clearly will eventually.

If its something they percieve the majority want, then its probably an easy call to make.

Sure it can. Theres no reason why it cant.

If its something they percieve the majority want, then its probably an easy call to make.

If we followed the majority, we wouldn't have football on Sundays.
The league should be leading and not just bowing to numbers.

We're just going through the painful process of procrastination again.
As I said on the main board, if you know something is paining you and you know it to be inevitable, just pull the tooth.

If we followed the majority, we wouldn't be playing Sunday football.
The league should be leading and not just bowing to numbers.

The league is already leading, timing of the grand final notwithstanding.

We're just going through the painful process of procrastination again.

Are we? Doesnt seem all that painful to me. Decisions like this can be made by the year - its only the time after all. Date and venue arent moving.

As I said on the main board, if you know something is paining you and you know it to be inevitable, just pull the tooth.

If something isnt paining you at all, theres no real need to remove it until it does.

The league is already leading, timing of the grand final notwithstanding.

Are we? Doesnt seem all that painful to me. Decisions like this can be made by the year - its only the time after all. Date and venue arent moving.

If something isnt paining you at all, theres no real need to remove it until it does.

They clearly want it done as they did with Easter Friday, but seem to be a little worried about offending anyone along the way.

Maybe as some have surmised, the AFL couldn't attain the big ticket half-time act and thought it best to start off with a big bang. Maybe Meatloaf is on stand-by for next year. :)

Doesn't really worry me but it's not about me as I rarely watch more than a half of the Grand Finals these days, but when you know something is best for the greater numbers, for commercial realities and for the spectacle.....don't be scared of 'offending' some. They will get used to the new. They always do.

I have watched all of Geelong's matches, and I can say I cannot understand how he keeps his spot in their team. He makes so many mistakes and clangers. He has a great kick, but that is about all he has going for him. Geelong should have wrapped up that game against South Melbourne.

Pick 6 has a long and cursed history.

IIRC, Yarran was only the second one to get to 100 games
Pick 6 history
2000-Andrew Mcdougall-West Coast druggies 43 games
2001-Ashley Sampi-West Coast druggies-78 games
2002-Steven Salopek-Port Power-121 games
2003-Kepler Bradley-Cheats-117 games
2004-Tom William-Doggies-85 games
2005-Beau Dowler-Hawthorn-16 games
2006-Mitchell Thorp-Hawthorn 2 games
2007-David Myers-Cheats 103 games
2008-Chris Yarran-Carlton 119 games
2009-Gary Rohan-Sydney 99 games
2010-Reece Conca-Richmond 91 games
2011-Chad Wingard-Port Power-132 games
2012-Jason Macrae-Doggies-105 games
2013-Matthew Scharenberg-Collingwood-18 games
2014-Caleb Marchbank-GWS-27 games
2015-Aaron Francis-Essendon 5 games
2016-Sam Petrevski-Seton-Carlton-27 games
2017-Jayden Stephenson-Collingwood-2 games

Pick 6 suggests that the average number of games played (upto 2012) was 93 games. Fairly serviceable.

Ross Lyon at centre of Fremantle payout over harassment claim

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ut-over-harassment-claim-20180429-p4zcbi.html

Fremantle Football Club have reached a confidential settlement with a former junior staffer who alleges she was harassed by coach Ross Lyon several years ago.

The Age can reveal the payment, understood to be a low five-figure sum, came as a result of an incident at a club Christmas function where Lyon allegedly made inappropriate comments about the woman's attire.

LWYby.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back