No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burton had a choice of bumping or tackling... my view is he made his choice which resulted in a player being concussed and injured.
The pic I've seen on news.com.au is pretty damning. He lined the bump up a good couple of steps away...plenty of time to go the tackle.
For my mind that is enough to warrant suspension.
If he (or any other player) did that to any of our players I would be filthy.
If one of our players did it to an opponent I could live with him/her being suspended.
The MRP are just as confusing as they have ever been. Thought they were sorting this nonsense out. Clearly not.

The Bump?
I don't know anymore and I don't think they can police it properly. I don't see this bump any different to the one Douglas? did to Merritt, I thought it was delivered well but the outcome was taken into account. I thought Burton's bump was legal but the outcome was Higgins lack of awareness leading to his concussion? Either they judge the bump, judge the outcome or they outlaw it.
Lyndsay Thomas, different story, intentionally ran past the ball to bump the player- intention was to stop the player-damage done. There will also be accidental head clashes when bumping, I feel the players are second guessing themselves when they go to bump creating a poorer technique of what once was used.

Whether we agree on the outcome of the MRO findings or not the latest findings have once again shown that the AFL changes rules/interpretations on a weekly basis.

Just listening to SEN where a caller read out Michael Christian’s findings on the Robbie Grey bump in the pre-season.

Grey had an opportunity to tackle or jump out of the way (joke I know) but chose to bump and the player was concussed he was suspended for a week.

Fast forward 7 weeks and it seems we are operating to a different set of rules.

LOL
Big, bitchy battle brewing in WA over the Ross Glendinning medal.
What amused me was this part:
Fremantle is arguing one of its club greats should be added to Glendinning's name on the medal, but is also open to a new award, such as the Western Derby Medal, being struck.
"One of it's club greats"?!!
Erm... who would those be then? :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would've thought they've only the one, Pavlich.

Yeah, he's the only candidate that springs to mind. It's the plurality of the sentence - "one of their greats" - that creases me. The Dockers haven't exactly had a golden era yet, have they?

What is ludicrous is that Glendinning himself has actually served at both clubs in some capacity and as an outsider I would definitely identify him as a Western Australian (not just Eagles) great. I guess the Shockers don't want to look at it that way. A pretty ugly snub to a great player I think.

That is sad. Taking Lachie and Jeffy Garlett off the list, our number of ex-players who would still be getting a game for us falls to 8

Why, what's wrong with Jeffy? Has something happened to him?
42 goals for the Dees last year and AA nomination.
He'd absolutely be best 22 for us if still at Carlton, especially since he's in that mid-range age bracket that apparently we're a bit short of.

DbmCj01VMAImnyK.jpg

Why, what's wrong with Jeffy? Has something happened to him?
42 goals for the Dees last year and AA nomination.
He'd absolutely be best 22 for us if still at Carlton, especially since he's in that mid-range age bracket that apparently we're a bit short of.
In matches like last night - he is shown to be super soft - I would rather be blooding a kid

Has Port issues a rebuttal on the AFL statement regarding SPP?

Koch was furious with the AFL in recent days with the AFL refusing to release their findings yet imposing a further suspension.

Koch also stated that they had 4 hours of footage from the pub which supposedly showed no improper conduct.

Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it. A three game suspension for something the AFL won’t disclose or the victim won’t report to police.

Does anyone have anymore information?

I don't want this turning in to a shitfight! On present form we'd be a big show of a PP wouldn't we? I will say right of the bat I won't let pride gat in the way! Why wouldn't we accept it.
The AFL would find a way to justify not giving us one, even if we don’t win a game for two years.

No point speculating, ain’t happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back