No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an absolute disgrace Mark Thompson is, to think this bloke slotted in to take over from Hird as coach at the height on the *Essendon Drug Scandal and had everyone hoodwinked that he had no knowledge and tried to stop the injections etc, smug prick knew all along what was going on at the club, he had previous dealings with Dank & Robinson.

Sat there coaching after Hird was outed for 12 months like a supposed clean skin and made out he was going to steer them down the right track.
It would certainly be naive to think that the Essendope doping program was not based on one which had already been trialled successfully at another club. Essendope might have got away with it if not for the intervention of ASADA & subsequently WADA. Sadly another club probably did get away with it thanks to a culture of cover up in our game.

Ross Lyon at centre of Fremantle payout over harassment claim

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ut-over-harassment-claim-20180429-p4zcbi.html

LWYby.gif

Mumbles was at his best on the tv last night. I could not understand a word he said.

Dunno with Bomber, he could plead guilty down to possession with the ice. A full blown meth head would go through an oz in a week.

If he was smart, humiliating as it is, he should check himself into rehab.

5 ounces of ekkies......that was found in another room wasn’t it??
What they found

134.6 grams of MDMA, 5½ Xanax tablets, .1 grams of ice, two sets of digital scales, eight hard drives, four ice pipes and a shoe box filled with clear resealable bags is found in Bomber's bedroom. 33.1 grams of ice, 5.6 grams of Ephedrines, an LSD tab, four Xanax tablets and three white capsules is found in another section of the flat, and the boys next door have 839.7 grams of MDMA.

Seems like he is some serious trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

33.1 gs is just over an ounce. He should make a deal to plead guilty and get it down to possession.

If he does that, a few charges may be dropped.
I am not sure why the authorities would need to cut him a deal for possession. Looks like they have him for dealing the stuff.

What they found

134.6 grams of MDMA, 5½ Xanax tablets, .1 grams of ice, two sets of digital scales, eight hard drives, four ice pipes and a shoe box filled with clear resealable bags is found in Bomber's bedroom. 33.1 grams of ice, 5.6 grams of Ephedrines, an LSD tab, four Xanax tablets and three white capsules is found in another section of the flat, and the boys next door have 839.7 grams of MDMA.

Seems like he is some serious trouble.
Circumstantially. You cant just make assumptions. The prosecution must prove the links and the wrong doing.

He will have the best QC's in town looking after him at top dollar. Will probably cost him north of 300k if it drags out.

His lawyers will argue to shed doubt on it being his. The purpose etc. UNLESS, they have him cold. Then I'd say he would just plead guilty and take the early plea discount which is roughly 1/3. Then there is the first offence discount which is roughly 1/3 as well. Does he have any priors? I dont know.

Remember, if it goes to trial, he loses the 1/3 (roughly) discount in sentence for an early plea, but the prosecution need to PROVE beyond RESONABLE DOUBT to a jury that he did what thry alledge.

I reckon there may be grounds for a mistrial if it can reasonably be argued that it is impossible to find unbiased jurors due to media attention and reports.

Obligatorty: I'm not a lawyer.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

33.1 gs is just over an ounce. He should make a deal to plead guilty and get it down to possession.

If he does that, a few charges may be dropped.
I had heard there was a push to classify an ounce of ice as a commercial ammount due to the effect it has been having on the community.

If this is the case, then he is in big trouble. Might not have happened yet.

Circumstantially. You cant just make assumptions. The prosecution must prove the links and the wrong doing.

He will have the best QC's in town looking after him at top dollar. Will probably cost him north of 300k if it drags out.

His lawyers will argue to shed doubt on it being his. The purpose etc. UNLESS, they have him cold. Then I'd say he would just plead guilty and take the early plea discount which is roughly 1/3. Then there is the first offence discount which is roughly 1/3 as well. Does he have any priors? I dont know.

Remember, if it goes to trial, he loses the 1/3 (roughly) discount in sentence for an early plea, but the prosecution need to PROVE beyond RESONABLE DOUBT to a jury that he did what thry alledge.

I reckon there may be grounds for a mistrial if it can reasonably be argued that it is impossible to find unbiased jurors due to media attention and reports.

Obligatorty: I'm not a lawyer.

I thought that was a pretty good legal stab at it katmanblue .

I believe this would be his first offence.

I did read that what they had found at his residence (drugs, paraphernalia, DNA) was typically what was required for a conviction of trafficking. As you noted his only real defence would be to shed doubts on the drugs being his. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Btw, Canberra is a great place and you should visit :D

The cops wanted the scales, that can make all the difference.
Especially when trying to prove there was something fishy going on

I’ll see myself out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back