No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find the Nick Blakey situation concerning. While I don't think it's fair to punish a kid by forcing him to play for two clubs that are an absolute rabble. Surely him being available as an academy player is ridiculous.

The kid is from an AFL family :/

He does have the right, as a Father/Son, to pick neither and take his chances in the draft but ridiculous that the Swans can put him in their academy just because his father was on their coaching panel and get a virtually free hit at him.

The AFL seems to have decided that there are alternate ways to create bias for the Swans after the COLA.

If he did what they say he did it is hard to sympathise considering how it affects other lives. He had everything.
What are they actually alleging though?

Devil advocate here:

If he was using the ice and selling mdma, is that so bad?

I'd argue that mdma has less of an impact on society and users than say alcohol or cigarettes.

I've yet to hear about anyone getting agro on mdma and then getting violent and assaulting someone or damaging property. Cant say that about alcohol.

I doubt he was waiting around schools to give it to kids. So it follows that he was likely selling to people he knew, adults with disposable income.

Mind you, a night out on mdma can be a hell of a lot cheaper than drinking all night.

So other than the fact that the government has outlawed one drug and not another, is selling mdma morally THAT bad?

I know mdma is illegal and that is enough reason not to get involved. But this sort of reasoning can show how easy it could be for someone in the grip of addiction to justify each step on the downward spiral. While not being incompatible with a self image as a good person.

Now if he was selling ice? Throw away the key. That stuff ruins lives.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Dylan Buckley getting a game for GWS. I didn’t give him much hope given the strength of their list....

It has to beg the question - did we give him the best chance to succeed? I’m not saying that he deserved longer on our list necessarily but his selection for a premiership contender at least raises some doubt in my mind. It will be very interesting to see how he goes!

Happened to me as an expert witness once in court. Tongue-tied with Barrister who called me up, then nailed to the cross by the other side. Mental scare there for sure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Devil advocate here:

I'd argue that mdma has less of an impact on society and users than say alcohol or cigarettes.

I've yet to hear about anyone getting agro on mdma and then getting violent and assaulting someone or damaging property. Cant say that about alcohol.

I doubt he was waiting around schools to give it to kids. So it follows that he was likely selling to people he knew, adults with disposable income.

Mind you, a night out on mdma can be a hell of a lot cheaper than drinking all night.

So other than the fact that the government has outlawed one drug and not another, is selling mdma morally THAT bad?

I know mdma is illegal and that is enough reason not to get involved. But this sort of reasoning can show how easy it could be for someone in the grip of addiction to justify each step on the downward spiral. While not being incompatible with a self image as a good person.

What i find interesting is the questions this story throws up.

How does it make the Bombers supplement scandal look in hindsight?
How bad does it make the bombers look if they appointed a dealer/addict to replace a guy being punished for overseeing a drug operation.
Does it raise questions about his tenure at Geelong?

But what interests me more is, who was he selling to? I am fairly young and have had a wide range of life experiences and have seen how many AFL players use drugs and have always wondered, who do they buy it off. It makes sense to me that there is a few very trustworthy dealers out there as there is a lot riding on their confidentiality.

AFL insider who deals/uses sees how many players take drugs and sees $$$$$$

What i find interesting is the questions this story throws up.

How does it make the Bombers supplement scandal look in hindsight?
How bad does it make the bombers look if they appointed a dealer/addict to replace a guy being punished for overseeing a drug operation.
Does it raise questions about his tenure at Geelong?
The Dopers were still trying to keep things in-house when they appointed Thompson, even though they had already been caught out. The less outsiders, the better.

The subsequent appointment of the pharmacist should have come as no surprise to anyone given the shenanigans at his previous club.

Devil advocate here:

You like the disco bikkies Kat? Rhythm is a dancer....

Great to see Dylan Buckley getting a game for GWS. I didn’t give him much hope given the strength of their list....

It has to beg the question - did we give him the best chance to succeed? I’m not saying that he deserved longer on our list necessarily but his selection for a premiership contender at least raises some doubt in my mind. It will be very interesting to see how he goes!

I was also sad to see him go. I am content that he was on our list for long enough, but did he get enough strings of consecutive games for him to really have a chance to find his feet? It seemed he was in and out of the side from time to time, and that was it.

I was also sad to see him go. I am content that he was on our list for long enough, but did he get enough strings of consecutive games for him to really have a chance to find his feet? It seemed he was in and out of the side from time to time, and that was it.

He always seemed to have ankle problems like I seeing with Kennedy this season. Bit hard to get career off ground when you always coming back from injury and rarely get more than 5 weeks in a row to put some solid form behind you. Good luck to Dylan. Hope it goes great for him.

His sentence structure hurts my brain.
Is he a prick in real life pre drugs?
Cause I’ve heard nothing but short emotionless comments.
Remember Essendon Scandal, there was a lot of love going around.

All AFL insiders just scathing blunt comments.

Ross Lyon to say disappointing for family, you idiot, he faces possible jail time, he is addicted to drugs and needs help big time.

Winston Churchill was bi-polar and used to drink in morning (2 glasses or shots in volume) morning lunch and night as he was self medicating. This is pre advancements of medications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back