No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he a prick in real life pre drugs?
Cause I’ve heard nothing but short emotionless comments.
Remember Essendon Scandal, there was a lot of love going around.

All AFL insiders just scathing blunt comments.

Ross Lyon to say disappointing for family, you idiot, he faces possible jail time, he is addicted to drugs and needs help big time.

Winston Churchill was bi-polar and used to drink in morning (2 glasses or shots in volume) morning lunch and night as he was self medicating. This is pre advancements of medications

Back in those days you could still by opium tincture at the pharmacy .....

Who is this Chip Le Grand ?

Reckons Bomber wont do any jail time. Looks like a stint in the big house is more than likely from what i have read.
I don't get this either. If he's found guilty of trafficking then he's stuffed.

Yoi should have seen him on 360 last year. He was off his head almost every week.

Notice a few of the footy circle coming out saying they knew he was on the gear for years......and not one of them did or said a thing about it to him.

Footy mates hey.

What are they actually alleging though?

Devil advocate here:

If he was using the ice and selling mdma, is that so bad?

I'd argue that mdma has less of an impact on society and users than say alcohol or cigarettes.

I've yet to hear about anyone getting agro on mdma and then getting violent and assaulting someone or damaging property. Cant say that about alcohol.

I doubt he was waiting around schools to give it to kids. So it follows that he was likely selling to people he knew, adults with disposable income.

Mind you, a night out on mdma can be a hell of a lot cheaper than drinking all night.

So other than the fact that the government has outlawed one drug and not another, is selling mdma morally THAT bad?

I know mdma is illegal and that is enough reason not to get involved. But this sort of reasoning can show how easy it could be for someone in the grip of addiction to justify each step on the downward spiral. While not being incompatible with a self image as a good person.

Now if he was selling ice? Throw away the key. That stuff ruins lives.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
The issue with mdma is that it can easily be laced, Ive had two mates lose to it. One died and one was in a coma for 3 years. So my personal view may be skewed slightly negatively towards it. It’s throw away the key stuff imo

Big mouth Thomas.

All time know it all.

He had his president coked off his gourd when he coached StKilda.

Knew about it, just didn’t bother saying anything at the time.
Ok, cool, not heard that. Been listening to SEN stuff most of week and not heard anyone on there say that.
Not sure Thomas counts as a mate of anyone outside of St.Kilda though. You said a few footy mates. Not sure Thomas is a few.

I was also sad to see him go. I am content that he was on our list for long enough, but did he get enough strings of consecutive games for him to really have a chance to find his feet? It seemed he was in and out of the side from time to time, and that was it.
Agreed. He was also was shifted across a few positions, which compounded the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To a certain degree Hird's right. But the downfall began when he was at Geelong.

That organization (Geelong Football Club) is rotten to its absolute core. They knew about the problems with Ablett Sr and refused to do anything and now this. A number of their other culturally important champions have had a lot happen to them that was less than stellar.

Should be investigated and then stripped.

Nice one Jimmy. Send him your Lawyers contact details, reckon he needs one
I think he will need an army of QCs to get out of this and that wont be cheap.

Might be able to get the charges of dealing dropped if he throws someone else under the bus but that may not be a viable option (particularly if it involved ratting on the underworld/bikies).

Bomber is not in a good place.

Notice a few of the footy circle coming out saying they knew he was on the gear for years......and not one of them did or said a thing about it to him.

Footy mates hey.
How do you know they didn't? It's down to the person and the truth is if you're prepared to try it then you're not ready to walk away from it. For the most part there's nothing you can do.

I don't get this either. If he's found guilty of trafficking then he's stuffed.
....and the amounts they are talking about, he is a Mr Big. These are the scum that everyone wants to jail for life. The only problem is when you get a former AFL player/coach, who is considered a good bloke by some (many at Geelong will tell you other stories). Now we have Ser James whining about the club abandoning him and ice man. Hird should just shut up and keep his down because he did not seem to have any care or concerns about what his players were injecting into their bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back