No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

There was cctv footage.
It very much sounds like it was the footage that ensured the penalties.

On The Age Real Footy podcast which came out late last night, Jake Niall, Pete Ryan and Michael Gleeson said that having talked to people who had seen it, the players would definitely get weeks.
Stupid shit should be stamped out but it’s a real slippery slope to be reviewing CCTV footage after the fact of what I reckon they believed was a closed room & someone taking offense leading to sanctions.

Stupid is stupid, but where do u draw the line?

There’s a heap of footage in the rooms of players slapping each other on the butt - that’s sexual assault, there’s no consent & if someone watching at home is triggered or offended by that, is it sanctionable?
Extreme example but that’s kinda my point

More effective punishment I would think, would be education and community service for everyone.
Make them understand & appreciate the gravity of their stupidity.

Last edited:
Stupid shit should be stamped out but it’s a real slippery slope to be reviewing CCTV footage after the fact of what I reckon they believed was a closed room & someone taking offense leading to sanctions.

There’s a heap of footage in the rooms of players slapping each other on the butt - that’s sexual assault, there’s no consent & if someone watching at home is triggered or offended by that, is it sanctionable?

More effective punishment I would think, would be education and community service for everyone.
When you hear that’s it’s skits in a private room, you can’t believe there would be suspensions.

But there was a complaint, and it sounds like the footage was so damning that they shouldn’t be surprised.

Nah

They showed who they are

Call it out and punish them

That can be their education

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back