No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, have a look at the reaction when the AFL announced round 1 and the timing of it.

What's the hurry? Seriously? 2023 will still happen when you wake up tomorrow.
Releasing the round 1 fixture on a Sunday morning, 6am, the same time as the Socceroos clash at the World Cup, was petulant and juvenile behaviour by the AFL.

Releasing the round 1 fixture on a Sunday morning, 6am, the same time as the Socceroos clash at the World Cup, was petulant and juvenile behaviour by the AFL.

And yet it was released at 6.30am on the same day last year. Massive over reaction

As if anyone turned the telly off to read and discuss round 1 fixture

Given what will probably be less than pleasant memories of our club's time there in the 2020 hub, it would be fantastic to see us light it up with enthusiastic effort and hopefully a big statement win.
Do we even have anyone left on the list who was with us in 2020!!??!!??

So our ‘magic’ round game is at Norwood Oval. I should probably thank the AFL for saving me all the money I would have spent going to Adelaide for the game otherwise.

So our ‘magic’ round game is at Norwood Oval. I should probably thank the AFL for saving me all the money I would have spent going to Adelaide for the game otherwise.
Is it? That's disappointing. It's pretty narrow on the eastern flank. Is a fun oval to go to though. Hopefully they'll still have Coopers on tap.

Is it? That's disappointing. It's pretty narrow on the eastern flank. Is a fun oval to go to though. Hopefully they'll still have Coopers on tap.

I’m sure it’s a lovely little stadium - but when every single other Melbourne club gets the AO I’m not exactly thrilled that we got relegated to a suburban ground versus GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magic round uninspiring match ups

But this is an AFL which spent $$$$$ in gws and Gold Coast, not to mention some of the most talented players, only to send third rate or unproven coaching and admin staff

The name is even worse than the Super League/NRL version. ‘Gather round’ is just awful. Hoping this is a failure similar to AFLX and forgotten just as quickly.

I have whinged about it in the rd 1 thread but seems like we've copped a Sunday 250pm match for 'gather' round.

Even though this is an away game, i really hope at the very least we can get a few saturday afternoon/ twilight games.

Do we even have anyone left on the list who was with us in 2020!!??!!??
Haha it's a bit like that,isn't it? For reference though:

Morrison
Lewis
Impey
Worpel
Sicily
Frost
Nash
Scrimshaw
Hardwick
Wingard
Breust
Jiath
Day
Maginness
Koschitzke
Morris
Moore
Jeka
Reeves

I’m sure it’s a lovely little stadium - but when every single other Melbourne club gets the AO I’m not exactly thrilled that we got relegated to a suburban ground versus GWS.
At least it means we don't have to play at Giants Stadium for a guaranteed loss

I have whinged about it in the rd 1 thread but seems like we've copped a Sunday 250pm match for 'gather' round.

Even though this is an away game, i really hope at the very least we can get a few saturday afternoon/ twilight games.
Isn't it the week after Easter Monday. You wouldn’t want to be playing Saturday

Except Norf.

Oh, you used the word club. Sorry, carry on.

Yeah, it's the other side of having the Easter Monday blockbuster coin. Means we end up with a lot of Sunday games early in the season

I’m taking the shunt sideways to Norwood along with gws Goldie and freo the first sign of the AFL disgruntled with the First Nations stuff (and not that it happened, but that we uncovered it)
You’d think hawks would have been one of the better draw cards in adelaide

Cats ninth hardest draw and last 3 games against bottom sides. Really can’t recall the last time they had a tough draw
For as long as they're the only Victorian side with a dedicated home ground they'll never have a tough draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back