No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

He saw them charging from behind him?

The hate for the pies is blinding people
the vision I saw looks like the pies players are coming from in front after scott takes the mark and runs back...

There are no easy games . 5% off and you become vulnerable against anyone
I think that's one thing I'm really excited about, our team has a lot of resolve. Between the bad start and the Port game, we know we can't take anything lightly. We could have easily fallen to the hysteria around Dusty's 300th, but we weathered it and smashed it. The boys haven't just showed a lot of fight the last few weeks, but a mental strength as well.

I think that's one thing I'm really excited about, our team has a lot of resolve. Between the bad start and the Port game, we know we can't take anything lightly. We could have easily fallen to the hysteria around Dusty's 300th, but we weathered it and smashed it. The boys haven't just showed a lot of fight the last few weeks, but a mental strength as well.

The threepeat legends took two years to really learn that lesson. The 2011 prelim and then the 2012 grand final. Maybe we can learn it twice this year and be straight to the Granny next year.

Reports Christian Petracca's family aren't happy with Demons

Reports emerged earlier on Monday that Petracca's family aren't happy with the Demons over their handling of the whole situation. Leading reporter Tom Morris told SEN radio: "The fact that he released the news that he was out for the rest of the season before the club did probably gives you an indication of what he and his family...they're upset, frustrated at the club.

"I think it's more to do with what happened in the days that followed. There's certainly a feeling from the Petracca that the club could have done things better."

On Monday night, Caroline Wilson suggested the anger is more likely to be stemming from the decision to allow Petracca back on the field. Wilson said it was telling that Petracca made a comment on social media that he was responsible for going back on the field - not the club's doctors - but then deleted it a day later.

"Melbourne have asked themselves if they could have been more sensitive in their comments about Petracca being out for 12 weeks without contact training," Wilson said. "Maybe they shouldn't have mentioned anything about training given the terrible situation.

"It's difficult because do you deal with the player and his partner - when the player is 28 and lives with his partner - or do you deal with the parents? Maybe they needed to talk to everyone and not just Petracca and his partner. Is it that his family are just completely shocked and shattered by what happened? I think it goes back to the decision to put him back on."

Reports Christian Petracca's family aren't happy with Demons

Reports emerged earlier on Monday that Petracca's family aren't happy with the Demons over their handling of the whole situation. Leading reporter Tom Morris told SEN radio: "The fact that he released the news that he was out for the rest of the season before the club did probably gives you an indication of what he and his family...they're upset, frustrated at the club.

"I think it's more to do with what happened in the days that followed. There's certainly a feeling from the Petracca that the club could have done things better."

On Monday night, Caroline Wilson suggested the anger is more likely to be stemming from the decision to allow Petracca back on the field. Wilson said it was telling that Petracca made a comment on social media that he was responsible for going back on the field - not the club's doctors - but then deleted it a day later.

"Melbourne have asked themselves if they could have been more sensitive in their comments about Petracca being out for 12 weeks without contact training," Wilson said. "Maybe they shouldn't have mentioned anything about training given the terrible situation.

"It's difficult because do you deal with the player and his partner - when the player is 28 and lives with his partner - or do you deal with the parents? Maybe they needed to talk to everyone and not just Petracca and his partner. Is it that his family are just completely shocked and shattered by what happened? I think it goes back to the decision to put him back on."

He’s 28, FFS. Unless he invites his family into the conversation then that’s that. Far out. How long are these men supposed to remain children?

I wonder if his family consulted with him before venting to Caroline Wilson.

It would frustrate the hell out of him seeing the calamities that are Goodwin, Oliver, Smith, Hunter, the list goes on. Oliver is still tubby and has been playing games and training full time for 3 months now. Goodwin has constant drug use and gambling rumours surrounding him.

Putting him back on (plus history of them sending Brayshaw back out against the wishes of the club doctor) reeks of a club and coach feeling the heat and acting in desperation.

Trac was doing everything he could to save their season (along with Gawn) and they treat him like a chess piece. He has probably expressed those concerns to his family and that's how this has happened.

He deserves better and the demons deserve their imminent downfall, but I really feel for their fans.

He’s 28, FFS. Unless he invites his family into the conversation then that’s that. Far out. How long are these men supposed to remain children?

I think it's more so highlighting that the MFC is a rabble

My mum is in her eighties. I'm still her baby.

apologies if mentioned before but does anyone specifically know what these new father son/academy rules will entail once/if implemented?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apologies if mentioned before but does anyone specifically know what these new father son/academy rules will entail once/if implemented?
I heard the following
  1. Draft picks 40+ will have no points allocation.
  2. Picks 1-20 will be doubled in value.

Laura Kane is so far our of her depth its not funny. Its another embarrassment on how this sport is run

I know the buck stops at the top but the BS would have come from McBurney, she’s just the mouthpiece.

We’ve heard more from Kane in 12 months than we ever heard from Dillon when he was in the job. Never heard from him in the role

The vision I saw sees him take the mark, turn around and run. He either thought it was play on (kick was short), or he has no game sense
Yes, I thought it looked as though the player knew time was running out and went off to his left to play on, so the Collingwood players went to tackle him. There was confusion all around, and when all things are considered, I feel the umpires made a commonsense call. I may not necessarily agree with an umpiring decision, but if I can at least see why they gave it, I'm good.

I'm growing tired of every time a game is decided by a goal or less, all we want to do is find fault with the umpires and let players off the hook.

The other night they issued a list of games supposedly determined by "questionable" umpiring decisions. I was staggered to see our win over GWS was numbered amongst them. First of all, there was no question of the free downfield, they pay those all day, every day. Even if they paid the free where it stood, I have confidence Sicily is a good enough kick for goal to at least score. Yes, there was a question as to who took the kick for goal, Breust or Chol. However, there's nothing to suggest Chol wouldn't have goaled the way he's been kicking. Even if he kicked a behind, we still would have won.

I ceased blaming umpires for losing decades ago. It's childish. Players make plenty of errors and it is narcissistic to blame someone else for your own mistakes. Standard of "umpiring" is another issue. Certainly, I don't think 4 umpires is a good idea.

OMG, this Darcy vision is shocking. Freo fans should be livid

I feel that Darcy is at the point where Max Gawn was at around 2014 / 2015. A good ruckman who struggles with the requirements of the elite system, though with Gawn much of it was through injury. He still did all the wrong things for an athlete though, junk food, beers and even cigs.

If Darcy can transform his fitness to even 80% or 90% of Gawn's he could become the league's next great big, but it's all on him. His efforts from what I've seen are nowhere up to standard.

Yes, I thought it looked as though the player knew time was running out and went off to his left to play on, so the Collingwood players went to tackle him. There was confusion all around, and when all things are considered, I feel the umpires made a commonsense call. I may not necessarily agree with an umpiring decision, but if I can at least see why they gave it, I'm good.

I'm growing tired of every time a game is decided by a goal or less, all we want to do is find fault with the umpires and let players off the hook.

The other night they issued a list of games supposedly determined by "questionable" umpiring decisions. I was staggered to see our win over GWS was numbered amongst them. First of all, there was no question of the free downfield, they pay those all day, every day. Even if they paid the free where it stood, I have confidence Sicily is a good enough kick for goal to at least score. Yes, there was a question as to who took the kick for goal, Breust or Chol. However, there's nothing to suggest Chol wouldn't have goaled the way he's been kicking. Even if he kicked a behind, we still would have won.

I ceased blaming umpires for losing decades ago. It's childish. Players make plenty of errors and it is narcissistic to blame someone else for your own mistakes. Standard of "umpiring" is another issue. Certainly, I don't think 4 umpires is a good idea.

There are definitely games where the umpiring is 1-sided and beyond natural variation for consistency
This season though, it's been pretty well umpired, probably the least questionable in about 15 years.

Maybe that's why people are complaining. This season you don't have the media deflecting every week saying how good it is, so the average sheep that hang on the media's word are up in arms

There are definitely games where the umpiring is 1-sided and beyond natural variation for consistency
This season though, it's been pretty well umpired, probably the least questionable in about 15 years.

Maybe that's why people are complaining. This season you don't have the media deflecting every week saying how good it is, so the average sheep that hang on the media's word are up in arms

And if there were less close games, there’d be less controversy. Look at NFL decisions in those games have much bigger influence on the outcomr

The vision I saw sees him take the mark, turn around and run. He either thought it was play on (kick was short), or he has no game sense
I saw him take the mark and run in same direction slowing up. Turns around and sees the pies players rushing at him. Puts up his arm (maybe calling for 50). Pies players go back but no 50. Then he plays on.

Footage is from the main board thread

Legally post 18 no rights or responsibilities. Unless there’s legal agreements, guarantor arrangements etc.
I'll be more blunt. You mess with my kids you have me to deal with regardless of their age.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back