No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would imagine that the AFL bigwigs will be meeting soon to decide if North Melbourne stay in Melbourne.

This cannot continue.

Fold 'em up and send them to Tassie.

PROS:

One less side in Melbourne

Existing transferable fanbase (assuming some 10 - 20% of North Fans follow over) for Tassie games in Melbourne

Pool of AFL (well a few anyway) players to assist inaugural Tassie Squad

Less Draft dilution.

Existing base at Arden St for new team for Melbourne based training.

North are cooked.

As an aside - they apparently approached Fiorini from GCS about a move south - Fiorini told them he would rather be delisted.

North Are Cooked.
And what did the good people of Tassie ever do to you for you to suggest such a crime upon them?

I know I don't watch Adelaide all the time, but ...... Darcy Fogarty .... I just don't get it.

Still can't work out if Ben McKay is an absolute spud.

Still can't work out if Ben McKay is an absolute spud.
McKay is halfway to a good defender.

He'd be great for a good side with an attacking backline where he would absolutely never have to get involved in offense in any way. I've never seen anyone have so much difficulty with handballing in my life.

McKay is halfway to a good defender.

He'd be great for a good side with an attacking backline where he would absolutely never have to get involved in offense in any way. I've never seen anyone have so much difficulty with handballing in my life.

That, and he has a tendancy to have some monumental brain explosions like below

Boy oh boy....I thought I'd tune in just in case it was an entertaining affair.
Watching the bummers handball chain, the wrong way, into pressure....I don't know if I'm out of Schaden, or freud, but it's barely entertaining now. LOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Neale having another big night it seems there will be a good chance either Neale wins his 3rd Brownlow or Cripps wins his second.

Both really good players but neither should be winning that many especially when Bont (and others) donā€™t have one

With Neale having another big night it seems there will be a good chance either Neale wins his 3rd Brownlow or Cripps wins his second.

Both really good players but neither should be winning that many especially when Bont (and others) donā€™t have one
If Bont finishes his career without winning a Brownlow, I'd consider it the biggest injustice in the history of the award. There are guys like Lethal and KB who also never won it but that was to be expected back then, it's much more predictable now and there's far fewer years that feel obviously rigged.

Get the feeling that Bont suffers because he seems to either poll 3 or nothing. Has 42 games with 3 votes, 17 with 2 votes and 9 with 1 vote.

Leaving aside the humidity boogeyman that know alls on here insist exists, would love to play the lions. Theyā€™re mentally weak

If Bont finishes his career without winning a Brownlow, I'd consider it the biggest injustice in the history of the award. There are guys like Lethal and KB who also never won it but that was to be expected back then, it's much more predictable now and there's far fewer years that feel obviously rigged.

Get the feeling that Bont suffers because he seems to either poll 3 or nothing. Has 42 games with 3 votes, 17 with 2 votes and 9 with 1 vote.
Bont seems to suffer from his best games being so good but only being able to get 3 votes.

While also not being an umpires pet like Neale or Cripps etc. who only need average games to get votes Bont needs to dominate to catch the umps eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back