No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just shows the advantage Hawthorn have in not relying on a power forward like Hogan. Great when he’s on but shut him down or the weather turns and they’ve got nothing. The Hawks will need to shut down or limit JUH or NAUGHTON!!!!! although I suspect they’ll play their normal game and hope to outscore the Dogs. Jones should get a week so that’s a plus.

Against us, GWS ran in waves - the Tsunami eventually got passed us.

Today, Giants first, last and only option has been the long bomb. Every time they run, they look better - but dogs dominant in the air.
Exactly this.
Stuck with tactics when it was clearly not working, lifeless performance.

Personally I'd rather not play the dogs first up so we can both progress beyond week 1 of finals.
GWS would probably rate their chances vs the Swans.

If we win the 6th vs 7th battle, do we play the loser of 1st v 4th or 2nd v 3rd ?

Surely the AFL schedule our game against the dogs at the dome, but if Port take care of the Cats are we at the 'G or vs one of the NSW teams ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our speed across the whole ground will concern them at the G.
Has been a good display today without being scary.
Will be a good contest.
They rely on midfield pressure to force turnovers like we do. This game will be played between the arcs alot IMO, both teams in a tug of war for ascendancy. It will about who's forward line can capitalise when there's chances to score. Our smalls will cause them problems whearas I don't think there's will even though they are pretty good. Gunston will go to Jones in a defensive role. Shut his intercept marking out and have Dear and Chol try and out point McDonnell and Lobb. Bevo will be imploring his mob to not let the ball hit the ground. Up the other end get that ball to ground at all costs will be Mitch's messaging. The opposite. Nash to Bont is automatic, potentially Finn to Libba. Cut off the main source of their clearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back