Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's possible. One club at least is keen for him to get a draft invite Wells talked about our need for pressure players all year and he's the best pressure player in the draft.

I really like McHenry, just get the feeling he'll be a very good role player for a long time. He also seems like he'd be a great character to have around the club. Of course, there are better options at 12 and he won't last to 50. The club that gets him will be very happy.

I like Jones but we do have a lot of sub 185cm small forward or mid types on our list, list balance is the main issue there. Still I think he's AFL standard.

Yep totally agree. From a list balance perspective it is not the right call. I was just responding to someone who was saying he was very average in general.

I really like McHenry, just get the feeling he'll be a very good role player for a long time. He also seems like he'd be a great character to have around the club. Of course, there are better options at 12 and he won't last to 50. The club that gets him will be very happy.

There’s been discussion on here as to whether Wells may look to trade up from pick 12 - I also wonder whether he may look at trying to secure a pick in the 20’s to target someone? Maybe a pick 45 plus next years 2nd rounder for twenty something? That’s where we may look at a McHenry or similar type perhaps?

I like Jones but we do have a lot of sub 185cm small forward or mid types on our list, list balance is the main issue there. Still I think he's AFL standard.

I don't really see how our list is unbalanced to the small end. We've got Constable (191cm), Dangerfield (189), Menegola (189), Parsons (189), Rohan (189), Duncan (188), Guthrie (187), Cockatoo (186), S Selwood (186) and Cunico (185) as 185cm+ who can go through the midfield. We've got a much taller midfield group than a team like Richmond and it doesn't seem to have hurt them much. I definitely wouldn't be using it as a reason to change our pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CalT say we go for .. and to be honest none of these names have me bounding with joy ... so it will probably be another year we one has post draft blues ... with failing to bring in a player one personally likes.. of course that doesn't mean we don't get a good add. imo..A 180 cm player better be brilliant after taking Fog last year first but maybe he is....

14PhantomDraftGee.jpg

CHAYCE JONES
POS: Midfielder
Ht 180cm, Wt 74kg, DOB 14/1/00
From Launceston/Tasmania/Allies

Geelong has been linked to Jones as one of their preferred options and he brings real versatility. Jones is a hardened, tough, reliable player who can be used anywhere on the ground: midfield is his go-to, but he can also be picked as a small forward or back. The Tasmanian enjoyed some good moments at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships without starring, but he starred at the Draft Combine later in the year and clubs like his no-fuss, professional approach.

If not him? Others who are in the Cats' range are Riley Collier-Dawkins, who the Cats spoke to this week, Jordan Clark and Jackson Hately.

My post was about getting Tippungwuti, Pickett and Stack. Just an influx of unpredictable talent

I was referring to Stack only as having issues....Tippungwuti and Pickett both look hot prospects with no off-field issues that I am aware of...

I think Im hoping for a bit better than afl standard... we lose a few smalls and start adding again... ? sort of feels like we are treading water... but maybe he is a lot better than he show on that clip.

I don't really see how our list is unbalanced to the small end. We've got Constable (191cm), Dangerfield (189), Menegola (189), Parsons (189), Rohan (189), Duncan (188), Guthrie (187), Cockatoo (186), S Selwood (186) and Cunico (185) as 185cm+ who can go through the midfield. We've got a much taller midfield group than a team like Richmond and it doesn't seem to have hurt them much. I definitely wouldn't be using it as a reason to change our pick.

We’re talking about our young talent and the development of our list. Of that, Constable hasn’t debuted, Cockatoo can’t stay on the park and Parsons and Cunico aren’t certain best 22 players (also not MIDs).

I’ve figured it out everyone!

With George Horlin-Smith leaving we need a new player on the list with two last names.

Riley Collier-Dawkins

Welcome to the club mate.

CalT say we go for .. and to be honest none of these names have me bounding with joy ... so it will probably be another year we one has post draft blues ... with failing to bring in a player one personally likes.. of course that doesn't mean we don't get a good add. imo..A 180 cm player better be brilliant after taking Fog last year first but maybe he is....

14PhantomDraftGee.jpg

CHAYCE JONES
POS: Midfielder
Ht 180cm, Wt 74kg, DOB 14/1/00
From Launceston/Tasmania/Allies

Geelong has been linked to Jones as one of their preferred options and he brings real versatility. Jones is a hardened, tough, reliable player who can be used anywhere on the ground: midfield is his go-to, but he can also be picked as a small forward or back. The Tasmanian enjoyed some good moments at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships without starring, but he starred at the Draft Combine later in the year and clubs like his no-fuss, professional approach.

If not him? Others who are in the Cats' range are Riley Collier-Dawkins, who the Cats spoke to this week, Jordan Clark and Jackson Hately.

Hahaha who do you want that we might realistically get. Realistically being the operative word!

Have to say I’m coming around to Jones. My biggest ‘want’ in this draft is a tough quick, inside and outside playmaker with elite kicking and ability to read the play. Jones does tick those boxes for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back