Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all listed above - please remove any with chronic or severe injury or track record of behaviour issues
For any inside mids listed - remove any that don’t have either elite kicking or elite first metre speed
For outside mids, backs and forwards listed - remove any that don’t have BOTH elite kicking and elite first 20 metres speed
For rucks, KPD and KPF - remove and very skinnies and less than good off first 20 metres.

The implicit ‘must haves’ above can’t be trained or coached. If we stray from this list of ‘prohibitions’ for a first rounder then there is a big risk it will be wasted. Nearly all our first round fails in living memory also failed the list above, a number on multiple levels.
Looks like we are not drafting anyone then. Even green doesn't meet your requirements

How the hell the Saints pull off all these trades is beyond me! Howard for 18 seems v generous. Is he any good?

Especially with the pending Bking dream ... to me Stk should be offering us more withSteven and trying to get a better pick. Its not good attracting all these players and not getting it done... they would better to offer a Fr2 to us or a kid we like .

How the hell the Saints pull off all these trades is beyond me! Howard for 18 seems v generous. Is he any good?

Yeah I have no idea how they do it. Yeah Howard is a young key looks talented at very least serviceable played most games at AFL level this year. I still think it's one of those that when he is 25 years old you will get more return on investment like most of the talls.

I think they package Howard and ryder with maybe another really late pick involved for 18

We've traded in two first round picks, we'd have no restriction.
We'd be restricted from trading out both - we'd be permitted to trade out one from this year as we still need to use a first round pick

If we want to trade out both without another one coming back from the same trade, we'd need permission

Ok it’s getting pretty wacky when Hill could be an option. Overall Saints in a real bind so we should hold tough on Stevens. What I don’t get is why we aren’t reported as enquiring about Riley Knight. He is 24 which is the age bracket we are thin in, and a genuinely first 22 finals side player. Maybe we feel we have his type covered in the list, but he seems very gettable and for a little bit of effort, one best 22 player from day one for the next probably 6 to 7 years.

As what exactly? failed as a tagged & a defensive forward.

How are kids getting this far in the system without the basic skills,junior coached focusing to much on results and neglecting skills?

It's often because they are superior athletes and you can dominate without good skills at all the lower levels. I think it comes down to the kids themselves. As I am sure everyone can understand kids don't really listen especially if they are dominating anyway. I'm sure plenty think whatever what do these coaches know I'm still by far the best player in the team and my kicking is ok. Then only at the truly elite levels does it become a issue. Just a theory.

There are so many draft pick flops that are outside mids. Hill is a rare bread and worth paying a premium for so I wouldn't balk at 700-800k and 14 + 17 for him personally.

So would everyone but Freo would never accept that with two years to run on his contract.

I think it’s easy to be seduced by the guy that was rated quite highly as a bottom aged player who then gets injured. Feel like there could be a potential bargain to be had. The fact that he’s a local kid and is a contested beast makes him look fairly irresistible. But the vision I’ve seen of him wasn’t overly impressive. I assumed that I just caught a couple of his poorer days.

Yeah totally agree with all of this. I didn't rate him that highly last year either although had no idea he would test this well. I also had question marks over how clean his hands were and how much natural feel he has for the game. Could be wrong and haven't seen heaps. Certainly wouldn't be too upset if we went elsewhere but I always back the club cause good or bad they have always seen more than I have of lots of the young players.

Yeah totally agree with all of this. I didn't rate him that highly last year either although had no idea he would test this well. I also had question marks over how clean his hands were and how much natural feel he has for the game. Could be wrong and haven't seen heaps. Certainly wouldn't be too upset if we went elsewhere but I always back the club cause good or bad they have always seen more than I have of lots of the young players.

Funny you mention doubts over his cleanness. I had similar thoughts but was a very low sample. But i reckon if you’re clean, you’re clean...

Funny you mention doubts over his cleanness. I had similar thoughts but was a very low sample. But i reckon if you’re clean, you’re clean...

Generally I think that's right. Usually clubs or recruiters are happy if they see a player maybe 5 times live and that's good enough sample size along with all the vision. However whilst it is possible that someone could just have a fumble day I think if your hands are good it's unlikely it happen more than a few times even on one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id be getting into McCartin's ear BIG TIME. Pretty sure he's from down our way, will get pushed down the order if Danaher gets up there and I think he's banging Browless' daughter.

Most importantly -kid can play.

Go Catters
It is the StKilda McCartin and Brownless' daughter. The one with concussion issues. I think it would be useful to get a hold of him as a potential Hawk replacement, but Saints won't give him cheaply as he was the no. 1 pick. I like the kid though. I'd look at Steven and McCartin for pick 24. He wont have a place with them either. Ryder, Marshall, Max King and Membrey. They are pushing Bruce out too.

Because Danger is generally an ordinary kick and Thurlow is a beautiful kick...who do you want in your team? Getting the pill is and always will be numero uno. (Names just examples)

I don't think that's the point that was trying to be made at all. It's more wouldn't it be better if Danger was a better kick!! Also Danger is a ridiculous example because he is almost one in a million. There are very few players making a league career with his kicking skills if they don't have almost super human athletic abilities.

Ok it’s getting pretty wacky when Hill could be an option. Overall Saints in a real bind so we should hold tough on Stevens. What I don’t get is why we aren’t reported as enquiring about Riley Knight. He is 24 which is the age bracket we are thin in, and a genuinely first 22 finals side player. Maybe we feel we have his type covered in the list, but he seems very gettable and for a little bit of effort, one best 22 player from day one for the next probably 6 to 7 years.

How is he genuinely best 22 in a finals side when he's not best 22 in not a finals side (the crows).

It's often because they are superior athletes and you can dominate without good skills at all the lower levels. I think it comes down to the kids themselves. As I am sure everyone can understand kids don't really listen especially if they are dominating anyway. I'm sure plenty think whatever what do these coaches know I'm still by far the best player in the team and my kicking is ok. Then only at the truly elite levels does it become a issue. Just a theory.
I've coached a lot of teenage kids mostly under 13 and 15s, my first couple of weeks with a new group I'd would note one or two weakness in each player and as all kids that age they bugger up and get a bit lippy,their individual punishments would be tailored to their weakness some it might be building stamina they would run laps,mostly I'd have kids using their non preferred side for the duration of the session.

It is the StKilda McCartin and Brownless' daughter. The one with concussion issues. I think it would be useful to get a hold of him as a potential Hawk replacement, but Saints won't give him cheaply as he was the no. 1 pick. I like the kid though. I'd look at Steven and McCartin for pick 24. He wont have a place with them either. Ryder, Marshall, Max King and Membrey. They are pushing Bruce out too.
McCartin is a bigger risk than Steven and a chance he won't play again due to the concussion issues

He might be worth a rookie spot but he wouldn't be worth trading for

I've coached a lot of teenage kids mostly under 13 and 15s, my first couple of weeks with a new group I'd would note one or two weakness in each player and as all kids that age they bugger up and get a bit lippy,their individual punishments would be tailored to their weakness some it might be building stamina they would run laps,mostly I'd have kids using their non preferred side for the duration of the session.

Yeah but surely you agree there is only so much you can do at training and the only way a kid at that age truly improves is if they want and go away and work on it themselves. Too many kids and too many normal drills that have to be conducted in 90 minutes for kids to really improve individual attributes in the 20 minutes they have at training twice a week.

After the whole Tim Kelly debacle id just like us to draft Vic kids, stuff the interstaters, stick with Flanders etc. Not worth the risk of them wanting home to mummy after a year...unless they are like Clark and cant wait to get out of there.

For all listed above - please remove any with chronic or severe injury or track record of behaviour issues
For any inside mids listed - remove any that don’t have either elite kicking or elite first metre speed
For outside mids, backs and forwards listed - remove any that don’t have BOTH elite kicking and elite first 20 metres speed
For rucks, KPD and KPF - remove and very skinnies and less than good off first 20 metres.

The implicit ‘must haves’ above can’t be trained or coached. If we stray from this list of ‘prohibitions’ for a first rounder then there is a big risk it will be wasted. Nearly all our first round fails in living memory also failed the list above, a number on multiple levels.

Congratulations, this is the most idiotic post I've seen in a very long time.

You know who doesn't fit this criteria - Joel Selwood.

Who exactly are we drafting, based on the above criteria? The second coming of Jesus?

Smh.

Would you guys be interested in 18, future 3rd & Jack Steven for 24, 36 & 37? Essentially points wise would be Jack Steven for 37 and you'd trade up the draft which I hear is what you want. We'd get chips for other trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back