Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING TO ALL VISITORS TO THE GEELONG BOARD. You are - for the most part - welcome to discuss the current list management & trading situation at Geelong. However, this is our board, so be respectful of the home board posters & don't inflame arguments (make your points succinctly and move on). And if you're just here to troll, then don't bother or you will be enjoying a holiday

Dahl is contracted for 2022.
Selwood Jenkins Rohan and Hendo would all be chances to go plus possibly Stanley retiring. Make or break year for CC Narkle Zuthrie Atkins OB Jarvis and Okunbor.

I think the issue is the top 10 picks will be hard to get and i can see Essendon or North (11) picking Ollie. Gws might prefer to take him with one of their teens picks than trade with us (not sure what our relationship is like with them). If by some miracle he is still there at richmonds pick (17) i reckon we would get on the phone and try and trade with them but i think hes gone by then so i think its unlikely we get him.
With those 5 likely to go, would we have enough room in the cap next yeat to go after another free agent? The likes of a Josh Kelly?

I get all that ..I can read between the lines...

.... but not every player drafted is pure as the driven snow .. and if a player is talented enough its amazing how clubs can find ways to be accomadating... and if a player is just a good player then he better not be adding to a clubs issues.

Say again..im not wanting or advocating him... but was he any more of a cancer than the big 4 over at wc years ago. I doubt if Kelly was any less than what he developed into that he would have got drafted... but once his performance elevated ...he was drafted. No he may has a heap of stats playing wafl.. but does he have hurt factor that would translate..? Id say what ever his issues, his talent is not enough to compensate having to deal with them.

We are in a climate of 1000 players nominating for the draft and 50-60 will get drafted. You better be squeeky or be very very good.
Spot on.

Just trying to give insight on reasons why clubs would be put off otherwise all people have to go off is
I get all that ..I can read between the lines...

.... but not every player drafted is pure as the driven snow .. and if a player is talented enough its amazing how clubs can find ways to be accomadating... and if a player is just a good player then he better not be adding to a clubs issues.

Say again..im not wanting or advocating him... but was he any more of a cancer than the big 4 over at wc years ago. I doubt if Kelly was any less than what he developed into that he would have got drafted... but once his performance elevated ...he was drafted. No he may has a heap of stats playing wafl.. but does he have hurt factor that would translate..? Id say what ever his issues, his talent is not enough to compensate having to deal with them.

We are in a climate of 1000 players nominating for the draft and 50-60 will get drafted. You better be squeeky or be very very good.
Spot on.

Bolton doesn't have that point of difference that a Tim Kelly has so was never going to be looked at inside the top 50 picks.

More just trying to add that as opposed to someone like Kane Lambert (a similar player IMO) Bolton has a history that would put clubs off.

With those 5 likely to go, would we have enough room in the cap next yeat to go after another free agent? The likes of a Josh Kelly?

Not free agents but maybe Clayton Oliver is missing the country life? Maybe Jacob Hopper is in the same boat?

Both would cost a lot but would be perfect fits with Selwood set to retire.

I hope we still look at a ruck with one of our picks. Walsh is the obvious one but what are others thoughts on Max Heath? He’s a bit younger and still to do year 12 next year. So he’d have lot of development left to do at the club which could be a bonus.

I’ve settled on Ford and O’Driscoll as my preference for 27 (33?). I like winder or Walsh for our next pick.

When is the draft machine out?

I'm with you on Ford...things might be different if we take on the Tigers pick 17.....17 might get us Perkins but should secure Ford...be happy with either..

second pick for me might be Baldwin though most wouldn't risk it I'm sure.

We could trade up higher than 17 surely. If we want him badly enough.

I doubt it..for their own reasons the top 8 wont trade down and if they did they would want more than we are willing to pay. Its only picks from 9 onwards that i see realistically gettable on the night..what essendon do with their 3 picks will shape the draft..they may take henry anyway. I think trading into the 15-20 range is more realistic for us.

I'm with you on Ford...things might be different if we take on the Tigers pick 17.....17 might get us Perkins but should secure Ford...be happy with either..

second pick for me might be Baldwin though most wouldn't risk it I'm sure.

Perkins wont get past NM at 11..bruhn is the one that might get further into the teens but even that is an outside chance.

I doubt it..for their own reasons the top 8 wont trade down and if they did they would want more than we are willing to pay. Its only picks from 9 onwards that i see realistically gettable on the night..what essendon do with their 3 picks will shape the draft..they may take henry anyway. I think trading into the 15-20 range is more realistic for us.

I can only see us trading up if there is a realistic chance of landing either Bruhn or Henry. Can’t see us trading up for anyone else. Probably only a 10-20% chance that comes off.

Perkins wont get past NM at 11..bruhn is the one that might get further into the teens but even that is an outside chance.

I thought I read somewhere that North were hot for O'Driscoll at 11 (now 14?)...either way Perkins would be unlikely to get to us, and I'm happy with Ford in any case.

If we go for a ruck is Max Heath the best bet?

collingwood 14
They need points for 2nd Daicos next year
now that pick would give us a sniff at bruhn or henry
trade them two future round twos, go in with 14 and 27. could give them 51 as well to bolster the deal. maybe ask for their future 3rd so we have a full quotient next year
pick up bruhn and ford
beautiful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only see us trading up if there is a realistic chance of landing either Bruhn or Henry. Can’t see us trading up for anyone else. Probably only a 10-20% chance that comes off.

Agreed we would only do it at the pick..for example if we get to 17 and one of them is there..be on the phone and do the trade then. I doubt we trade up for anyone except those two (apart from tilthorpe but he will be long gone).

collingwood 14
trade them two future round twos, go in with 14 and 27. could give them 51 as well to bolster the deal. maybe ask for their future 3rd so we have a full quotient next year
pick up bruhn and ford
beautiful

Collingwood need to trade up not down as reef will be bid before 20..they might trade up to say 9. Trading down is stupid in their position as 27 gets absorbed by a bid anyway if they take it from us.

Only gws (maybe) richmond or melbourne are realistic shots to upgrade us into the top 20 i think.

Agreed we would only do it at the pick..for example if we get to 17 and one of them is there..be on the phone and do the trade then. I doubt we trade up for anyone except those two (apart from tilthorpe but he will be long gone).

The only other one I could entertain trading up for would be Jack Carroll. Like the cut of his jib.

collingwood 14
pick up bruhn and ford
beautiful
Why is the narrative that Collingwood need points for Daicos when the Bulldogs are about to match pick 1 with a bunch of picks way down the order?

because daicos is very highly ranked
if Pies get 2 future twos they wont have to touch their first rounder next year

Thats not how it works...if daicos is bid at 5 they have to match with their next pick (fr1) unlessthey trade it out.

Regardless with mcinness to be bid early they wont trade down so we wont get 14 and 16. Therefore the most gettable picks for a trade up are 17-19 unless gwsdecide to trade down with us but i doubt it..it makes no sense for them to push to get 20 only to now trade down again.

The only other one I could entertain trading up for would be Jack Carroll. Like the cut of his jib.

I really like him too but he is another one in that 15-30 range who might reach 27 imo.

If we trade up into the teens i think its only for a clear top 10 talent sliding to there which is why i thought bruhn and henry.

Collingwood need to trade up not down as reef will be bid before 20..they might trade up to say 9. Trading down is stupid in their position as 27 gets absorbed by a bid anyway if they take it from us.

Only gws (maybe) richmond or melbourne are realistic shots to upgrade us into the top 20 i think.

If they have 14 and 16 .. could they trade up and down? Use their Fr1 and 14 t get 8 .. 16 to get some Fr2 & 27 ..?

What would the Richmond pick cost do you think?

If they have 14 and 16 .. could they trade up and down? Use their Fr1 and 14 t get 8 .. 16 to get some Fr2 & 27 ..?

What would the Richmond pick cost do you think?

I think they want 16 for 7/8 and a future 1st and a promise not to bid on reef obviously.

17 for ess FR2 or 27 + our Fr2 id do if richmond would do it and the right player is there-live in draft trade.

I really like him too but he is another one in that 15-30 range who might reach 27 imo.

If we trade up into the teens i think its only for a clear top 10 talent sliding to there which is why i thought bruhn and henry.

There is the old tale about the person with the butterfly net who ran around expending energy and effort swing wildly at anything bright and fluttery... till after expending all their worth, they collapsed under a tree into a state of catatonic stillness , and in that state , the brightest fluttery butterfly came to rest on the persons shoulder......

Perhaps by doing nothing ... a player like Carroll may slide thru to us .. and who knows , he may endup being the best in the bunch. This year..would it really surprise anyone if in years to come , that the best player comes from the 20's or later..?

There is the old tale about the person with the butterfly net who ran around expending energy and effort swing wildly at anything bright and fluttery... till after expending all their worth, they collapsed under a tree into a state of catatonic stillness , and in that state , the brightest fluttery butterfly came to rest on the persons shoulder......

Perhaps by doing nothing ... a player like Carroll may slide thru to us .. and who knows , he may endup being the best in the bunch. This year..would it really surprise anyone if in years to come , that the best player comes from the 20's or later..?

Love your analogies mate...i agree in a draft like this where so many kids havent played this year i agree some of the later picks might end up being bargains.

So Carroll is a royal butterfly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back