Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists... Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a trick question?
Even on the decline, Gunston is a superior player to Rohan. Has actually stepped it up in finals.

He is but with that back injury i would be very wary at least rohan doesnt take up much salary compared to what gunston would plus the hawks will want a high pick.

Just wondering what would people rather.
Geelong signing Rohan for another year or bringing in Guntson?

Gunston a better player. But Rohan doesn't cost us anything to get in, so i'm happy to keep him.

A lot is made of Rohan's finals record, but 3rd tall is a tough position at the best of times, particularly when you're getting pounded around the ball. none of our forwards would have good finals record recently.

He is but with that back injury i would be very wary at least rohan doesnt take up much salary compared to what gunston would plus the hawks will want a high pick.

Mate, even if he was playing in a bloody a wheelchair, I'd back him in to do a bit more in a final that what the pea heart would.

Wells spoke about the club embracing change, I wonder if Chris Scott had to agree to this mantra before he got an extension.

Gunston has just had more back surgery, so he is a definite no.

Rohan plays behind the ball and if he isn't able to do it competently, he is out of the team for good.

Dangerfield plays Rohans role as the mobile forward.

Hocking said from his very first conference that priority 1 was extending Scott.
Why would anyone be surprised?
Maybe people missed the conference.

Rohan plays behind the ball and if he isn't able to do it competently, he is out of the team for good.

A few of our guys need back surgery too...... To insert a spine!!!

Just wondering what would people rather.
Geelong signing Rohan for another year or bringing in Guntson?
Interesting question.

Gunston easy but if you take into account what you have to give up to get Gunston, I would stick with Rohan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These guys never get dropped. Or at least if they do, it happens in desperation after a week 1 finals obliteration or months too late for the team to adjust (ala dahlhouse this year).

I'd love to trade Menegola. With Duncan and Smith holding down the wings, Menegola is surplus to needs and holds trade value.

Higgins, Dahlhaus, Rohan, and Narkle all seem to be surplus to needs but we'd be hard-pressed to find a suitor for any of them.

FWIW, this is how I see us lining up next year:

FB: BEWS, HENRY, KOLODJASHNIJ
HB: STEWART, BLICAVS, TUOHY
C: DUNCAN, O'CONNOR, SMITH
HF: CLOSE, CAMERON, MIERS
FF: DANGERFIELD, HAWKINS, RATUGOLEA
1R: STANLEY, C.GUTHRIE, PARFITT

INT: SELWOOD, HOLMES, ATKINS, Z.GUTHRIE

MISSING OUT: HIGGINS, DAHLHAUS, ROHAN, MENEGOLA, NARKLE, SIMPSON, DE KONING, STEPHENS, EVANS, CONSTABLE, CLARK (if he stays).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back