Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lolll people are so gullible on Twitter. Took me two seconds to see that the 'Mitch Cleary who revealed the apparent Peter Wright trade, is a fake account who joined in 2021 and has that post as his only post. Real Mitch has a tick and joined in 2009 and obviously has tons of posts.

Top one real
Bottom one fake

Screenshot_20221004-230851_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-230941_Chrome.jpg

How do you figure that?

Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Tsatas, Cadman, Sheezel, all ahead of him from most draft boards on here, Twomey and rookie.me. Not to mention Phillipou and Humphreys also possibly in front, or at least evenly ranked.

Wouldn't be surprised if Clark was the one who slid on draft night, as he was ranked 5th at the start of the year and is now 7th. Also, doesn't have any unique attributes, only 181 cm and there's always draft bolters as well. I do suspect he or Sheezel may go at 6 to the Hawks (but I probably prefer McKenzie for us anyway - as much as I've loved Clark and he really does have a lot of Sel in him), but there's no way I see him in the Top 5 - and most of the drafting experts seem to feel the same

Clark may well go early...its still early in assesments. I think the Combine happens later this week or next... and it only takes one club. But ...id think a lot might be apprehensive about his height. Its small margins...and the top 10 will pick appeal will alter as we approach the draft.

Ashcrodt to Lions
North Im not sure of. They might go Cadman or Tsatas. They do have a lot of young mids
WesTC. like Wardlaw
Giants will go Cadman if available ... and might go a different way. I think they will have a heap of picks so they probably can go a bit wild. Humpfrey.
Gold Coast are worried about retention and payment...do they go really funny and go Hollands?

Its all too early ...even Cal T only release his draft the night or two before.

All we know is P7 will be a good kid..probably as good on paper as we have drafted in a while.

Last edited:

How do you figure that?

Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Tsatas, Cadman, Sheezel, all ahead of him from most draft boards on here, Twomey and rookie.me. Not to mention Phillipou and Humphreys also possibly in front, or at least evenly ranked.

Wouldn't be surprised if Clark was the one who slid on draft night, as he was ranked 5th at the start of the year and is now 7th. Also, doesn't have any unique attributes, only 181 cm and there's always draft bolters as well. I do suspect he or Sheezel may go at 6 to the Hawks (but I probably prefer McKenzie for us anyway - as much as I've loved Clark and he really does have a lot of Sel in him), but there's no way I see him in the Top 5 - and most of the drafting experts seem to feel the same

With respect, why would we want him then?

I've seen similar stuff on Clohesy saying we're 'lucky' that he wasn't rated inside the top 40....maybe he's not rated because he's not very good?

Can someone who lives in Qld please drive around to Bowes house and get a definitive answer out of him?
Its off-season, so give him some Bundy Rum and tell him there is more of that down at the Cattery in the off-season if you win a flag for us... but its only conditional on flag win, and with a 2 week expiry period. Lol

If we get P7 .. In principle we should be doing everything possible to avoid trading out P7 ... we should be able to find a way to do it with our two r1 picks ... we also have to find a way to complete the Bowe trade which means we need to find an other Fr2

The one thing I would say is we do not know who the club rates in draft after Clark who do they like. If the player they rate is there at a few picks later so moving within the draft is something they may or may not do based on their judgement and where they think they can get him.

I wonder where the club had Holmes on their list in his draft?

How do you figure that?

Do you also think a team won’t pass on a falcons mid?
They have worked out well so far,
I genuinely expect him to be that bolter, that safe bet that will bring leadership.

Collingwood’s attempts to change Ollie Henry’s mind with a one-year contract extension have failed, with the young goal kicker intent on joining his brother Jack at Geelong.

Collingwood shortened its contract offer to help keep Henry and combat some of the homesickness he has experienced over the past two years living away from his family who remain embedded in Geelong.

Henry, 20, frequently travelled down the highway to see family in Geelong and has continued to do some junior coaching there.

The Magpies pitched a one-year extension to help Henry settle in Melbourne over the next 12 months and reassess then, but that was turned down as trade talks between the Cats and the Magpies get set to heat up.

Collingwood wants the Cats’ first-round pick for Henry after 25 games and 28 goals in two years.

But Geelong does not want to hand over pick number 18 on its own for Henry as it tries to hit the draft, bring in GWS midfielder Tanner Bruhn and Gold Coast’s Jack Bowes (plus pick seven).

The restrictions on trading picks are to stop clubs from trading away the chance for youth in the pursuit of mature players.
We know most AFL rules are able to be bent at the discretion of the AFL.
I wonder if Geelong might seek permission to bend those rules to trade a future first and second.
It really should lay with the clubs anyway and the desired result is two 20 year olds, a 24 year old and a top 10 pick. It would hardly be trading away a teams future.

Why on Earth would we trade 7 for later picks or split it to attain Bruhn/Henry when we already have sufficient picks to get Bruhn and Henry?

Lunacy. It’s strange reading comments suggesting to do this. It would be a worse result for us.

It’s our first single digit pick in 16 yrs… this would certainly go to the draft if we got it.

Getting these sort of picks does not happen to Geelong. It’s really unbelievable… and you then have some thinking we should trade? Bizarre
You answer your own question. You wouldn’t do it unless you had to.

Nobody’s doing it for shits and giggles.

The restrictions on trading picks are to stop clubs from trading away the chance for youth in the pursuit of mature players.
We know most AFL rules are able to be bent at the discretion of the AFL.
I wonder if Geelong might seek permission to bend those rules to trade a future first and second.
It really should lay with the clubs anyway and the desired result is two 20 year olds, a 24 year old and a top 10 pick. It would hardly be trading away a teams future.
AFL bending rules for Geelong that will go down well with a certain fanbase....

Lets do it :hearteyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood’s attempts to change Ollie Henry’s mind with a one-year contract extension have failed, with the young goal kicker intent on joining his brother Jack at Geelong.

Collingwood shortened its contract offer to help keep Henry and combat some of the homesickness he has experienced over the past two years living away from his family who remain embedded in Geelong.

Henry, 20, frequently travelled down the highway to see family in Geelong and has continued to do some junior coaching there.

The Magpies pitched a one-year extension to help Henry settle in Melbourne over the next 12 months and reassess then, but that was turned down as trade talks between the Cats and the Magpies get set to heat up.

Collingwood wants the Cats’ first-round pick for Henry after 25 games and 28 goals in two years.

But Geelong does not want to hand over pick number 18 on its own for Henry as it tries to hit the draft, bring in GWS midfielder Tanner Bruhn and Gold Coast’s Jack Bowes (plus pick seven).

Id think it will involve P18... they must want some sort of future back as they do not need another pick this year. Id thought P18 was about right...he has shown enough to be around that mark. Its just a matter of making the deals work

Id think it will involve P18... they must want some sort of future back as they do not need it this year. Id thought P18 was about right...he has shown enough to be around that mark. Its just a matter of making the deals work

If I were Wells and Mackie I’d have handed over #18 on day one, I think it’s a steal for a player with an extremely high ceiling who will likely play for us for the next 10+ years.

Perhaps GWS want #18 for Bruhn?

My dream trade period would be:

• Future second for Bowes and #7
  • #18 for Henry
  • #38 and Ratugolea for Bruhn
  • Bundle up later picks and trade for a pick in the 30s
  • Take #7 and pick in the 30s to the draft

If I were Wells and Mackie I’d have handed over #18 on day one, I think it’s a steal for a player with an extremely high ceiling who will likely play for us for the next 10+ years.

Perhaps GWS want #18 for Bruhn?

My dream trade period would be:

• Future second for Bowes and #7
  • #18 for Henry
  • #38 and Ratugolea for Bruhn
  • Bundle up later picks and trade for a pick in the 30s
  • Take #7 and pick in the 30s to the draft

I doubt GWS want another pick this year.

Do Geeloing think they can get it all done keep their Fr1?

I doubt GWS want another pick this year.

Do Geeloing think they can get it all done keep their Fr1?

no , We will have to give up future 1st ,McCarteney has confirmed it's whether we get something back ?

we are trying to give a 2nd round 37 + what we get for Sav for Henry so then we hopefully have 7 + 18

no , We will have to give up future 1st ,McCarteney has confirmed it's whether we get something back ?

we are trying to give a 2nd round 37 + what we get for Sav for Henry so then we hopefully have 7 + 18

Similar line of thought. Id probably prefer to find a way to keep our Fr1 ... but restrictions on what we need for the Bowes trade and what GWS will make that unlikely id have thought.

The first thing we need is another future pick to use for Bowe

Just what comes back with Bruhn? A future pick?

Similar line of thought. Id probably prefer to find a way to keep our Fr1 ... but restrictions on what we need for the Bowes trade and what GWS will make that unlikely id have thought.

The first thing we need is another future pick to use for Bowe

Just what comes back with Bruhn? A future pick?

Future 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back