Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane still needs to get extra points for their #15.

So let's crunch some numbers for the fun of it.

And I'm just assuming we add pick 43 for Sav from Port here.

Geelong's - 38, 43, 48, 55, 58 = 1522pts

for

Brisbane's - 15, 73, 91, 109, 127 = 1121pts

Which is the + 400pts for Brisbane or the equivalent of pick #42

Now I'm just going off the coloured picks in the above Lore's pick tracker.

Brisbane will 100% move out that #15 so it'll be interesting to see who they deal it to.

We don't require those picks after 38 so I'd love the above deal.

Not sure if I'ts possible or if I'm missing something though.

Hope we are trying to get hold of 15 though.

Last edited:

The restrictions on trading picks are to stop clubs from trading away the chance for youth in the pursuit of mature players.
We know most AFL rules are able to be bent at the discretion of the AFL.
I wonder if Geelong might seek permission to bend those rules to trade a future first and second.
It really should lay with the clubs anyway and the desired result is two 20 year olds, a 24 year old and a top 10 pick. It would hardly be trading away a teams future.

It is possible we do this yes although if we can turn our later picks in 2022 (which mackie confirmed we wont be using)into another 2023 r2 then we wont need an afl exemption.

If I were Wells and Mackie I’d have handed over #18 on day one, I think it’s a steal for a player with an extremely high ceiling who will likely play for us for the next 10+ years.

Perhaps GWS want #18 for Bruhn?

My dream trade period would be:

• Future second for Bowes and #7
  • #18 for Henry
  • #38 and Ratugolea for Bruhn
  • Bundle up later picks and trade for a pick in the 30s
  • Take #7 and pick in the 30s to the draft

I dont think the giants will take #38 (they will have many picks before it they might not even use it) and sav they will want a future 1st (even if we can talk them into handing a future 2nd or 3rd back). I reckon we will either have to split 7 or give up our FR1 its just a matter of which of the two happens.

If we do our deals without giving up either thats amazing.

Shame Pies already traded their FR2 as part of the Hill trade. We could of bundled up pick 18 and some of our other picks this year for Henry and the Pies FR2.

Then we trade our FR2 for Bowes and pick 7 and can use FR1 as part of the Bruhn trade. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Mark Stevens and another ITK on the Hawks board seem to think they're now a 50/50 chance with us of snaring Bowes. Apparently better financial terms and good friends with Scrimshaw. As many of us have said, it probably does make more sense for him from a playing sense and from a financial standpoint if he goes there.

Will be gutted if we don't get him, and if we miss out on Pick 7 as well, but understand the decision if that ends up being the case. Just wish Bowes would tell us all already and end the torture, haha

I wonder if teams will make it a little harder for us than usual, thinking “nah, **** them”.
Dangerous game to play, IMO

Imagine if GWS, Brisbane and whoever else played the Pies game when dealing with them on Hill, McStay etc...

no , We will have to give up future 1st ,McCarteney has confirmed it's whether we get something back ?

we are trying to give a 2nd round 37 + what we get for Sav for Henry so then we hopefully have 7 + 18

I think ideally we would give 38 and our 3 r3s for henry but pies wont take that many late picks as they already have several late picks. Unless they have an agreement via another club eg for our 40s picks to go to hawks for mitchell then 38 + 48 + 55 is pointless to them.

I think ideally you would trade future 1st and sav for bruhn and coll fr2 (which gws have) as that allows our fr2 to go for bowes-but if sav insists on port it becomes more complicated. Assuming jhf gets done port cant trade their fr2 without afl exemption. Port probably offer us 43 for sav but we dont need more current picks (unless pies agree to take them for henry)we need futures.

Similar line of thought. Id probably prefer to find a way to keep our Fr1 ... but restrictions on what we need for the Bowes trade and what GWS will make that unlikely id have thought.

The first thing we need is another future pick to use for Bowe

Just what comes back with Bruhn? A future pick?

Ideally we get pies future 2nd off gws (gws wont trade their fr2 but they might trade pies one) as that unlocks our ability to trade our future 2nd. Id offer something like our fr1 + 48 for bruhn and pies future 2nd but gws dont need any more picks this year so i think some of these trades need a 3rd club involved to work.

I dont think the giants will take #38 (they will have many picks before it they might not even use it) and sav they will want a future 1st (even if we can talk them into handing a future 2nd or 3rd back). I reckon we will either have to split 7 or give up our FR1 its just a matter of which of the two happens.

If we do our deals without giving up either thats amazing.

I've been thinking about this a bit, and I think I might have a solution for our picks after studying the draft points board.

If it is true that Essendon think Davey Jnr doesn't go in the Top 20, and they can use their Pick 22, maybe we should be trying to get their Future 2nd (which is likely what they would have given up for Bowes anyway)

After 4 and 22, all they have is 42 and 62 for points matching/draft selections. If say we got 43 for Sav from Port, and then offered them 38, 43, 48 and 55 for it...all of a sudden as a team, they have enough to match Davey Jnr, Jayden and then enough to get a few draft sliders - with a pick they already likely would have given up Bowes anyway. We can pass that pick on for Bowes.

Dunno if it comes to fruition, but looking over it, it would be a pretty good outcome for both clubs with little loss on either side.

Thoughts?

SEN (Silvani) pushing for North to offer Henry a juicy sum to entice him to the PSDraft.

See SEN news

Pies better watch out. Trade or get nothing.
No wonder he's no longer in list management. You have to have good relationships with other clubs and list managers and things like this destroy relationships between clubs and won't be forgotten. You have to deal in good faith and it's been a key to Wells' success over the years..

Send em Packham.

They have 43 and 53. 43 is fair but the issue is we cant carry more 2022 picks and we need a future 2nd (ie send sav 48 and 53 for someones future 2nd) but pear cant trade their fr2 if their fr1 goes to nm. So it probably needs a 3 club trade (maybe tied in with gws who can trade a future 2nd) if sav is to go to pear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back