Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why on Earth would we trade 7 for later picks or split it to attain Bruhn/Henry when we already have sufficient picks to get Bruhn and Henry?

Lunacy. It’s strange reading comments suggesting to do this. It would be a worse result for us.

It’s our first single digit pick in 16 yrs… this would certainly go to the draft if we got it.

Getting these sort of picks does not happen to Geelong. It’s really unbelievable… and you then have some thinking we should trade? Bizarre

Half the time it seems Wells takes a solid pick and picks a kid no one expected him to.

Split 7 in to two top 25 picks and you might get two future Geelong stars rather than just one.

If I were Wells and Mackie I’d have handed over #18 on day one, I think it’s a steal for a player with an extremely high ceiling who will likely play for us for the next 10+ years.

Perhaps GWS want #18 for Bruhn?

My dream trade period would be:

• Future second for Bowes and #7
  • #18 for Henry
  • #38 and Ratugolea for Bruhn
  • Bundle up later picks and trade for a pick in the 30s
  • Take #7 and pick in the 30s to the draft
If he can do that Mack would be well on his way of filling Wellsy’s boots

My friend of a friend is a friend with a Pies insider... He is hearing Bowes to Hawks.

High chance it's all BS... Certainly grain of salt stuff... But I do worry a tad because these guys are all old Falcons types and do know a few in footy circles.

Just need Bowes to hurry up and announce his preference.

He would know by now... Let's get it moving Bowes.

On the Bowes and Pick 7 trade. I would just give the Suns this years second back. I know they want next years second but if Bowes choses Geelong I really dont think they have any negotiating strength.

My friend of a friend is a friend with a Pies insider... He is hearing Bowes to Hawks.

High chance it's all BS... Certainly grain of salt stuff... But I do worry a tad because these guys are all old Falcons types and do know a few in footy circles.

I'm backing my mate John Doe in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

High chance it's all BS... But these guys are all Falcons types and do know a few in footy circles.

Yeah I'm getting the feeling it's Hawks myself. I'm actually not that disappointed, as I love the kid and he's gotta do what's best for his career. Pick 7 or Bowes, if we're being honest, doesn't make a substantial amount of difference to where we are right now. He'll also get more mid time with them, and we can't even guarantee him Best 22 like they can...not to mention the extra funds.

If we also consider the fact that he's spoken to us plenty of times prior to this, it makes sense to me that the reason for the delay is because he was seriously considering other options, and knows that we're the choice if none of the other options impress. Essendon shot themselves in the foot and North are a rabble, but Hawthorn, they have the history and a decent coach who can offer him a good vision. We'll never match the financial terms they can offer, so the only thing we really have going for us is our lifestyle difference, sustained success and playing alongside genuine stars of the game.

We'll find out today I assume, but given how long it's taken, I'm leaning towards Hawks now given all of the aforementioned.

Brisbane still needs to get extra points for their #15.

So let's crunch some numbers for the fun of it.

And I'm just assuming we add pick 43 for Sav from Port here.

Geelong's - 38, 43, 48, 55, 58 = 1522pts

for

Brisbane's - 15, 73, 91, 109, 127 = 1121pts

Which is the + 400pts for Brisbane or the equivalent of pick #42

Now I'm just going off the coloured picks in the above Lore's pick tracker.

Brisbane will 100% move out that #15 so it'll be interesting to see who they deal it to.

We don't require those picks after 38 so I'd love the above deal.

Not sure if I'ts possible or if I'm missing something though.

Hope we are trying to get hold of 15 though.

Theres two issues.
One is brisbane can only use as many picks to match bids as they have list spots. Second #15 will be going for dunkley anyway and im not sure the dogs would trade down from 15.

Jhye Clark would have had a restless nights sleep last night.

Let’s hope the mail has been correct the last few weeks and Bowes selects Geelong. Surely the influence of Paddy and Gaz carries some weight. There’s enough uncertainty / destabilising factors at Hawthorn and Essendon that hopefully pushes Bowes our way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You’d think the longer it goes on the less likely Bowes comes to us, expected an announcement early on.

You’d think the longer it goes on the less likely Bowes comes to us, expected an announcement early on.

Gc said he wasnt announcing before today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back