Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on Tom Browne... People know his dad is the Pies president yeah?
Any time he talks about anything Pies related in trade time he is getting his info and doing the work for daddy... "Deal getting complicated" is just a message from the Pies boss to the public that they are going to drag it out, doesn't mean it won't happen, doesn't even mean it is actually complicated.... But it is literally just one side of the story who knows he has a son stupid enough to read whatever is put on the teleprompter Ron Burgundy style

How about we say no to Bruhn and try work out a way to get Clark and Humphrey?

Get the Selwood and Danger replacements in one year?

Or is it of the opinion that Holmes could be the Danger replacement? I see Holmes more of the outside mould - I Smith, Duncan
Holmes has stated he wants to move to the inside mid type role. I think he would be great in that position.

PO, is he more of an outside mid with a bit of polish or an inside mid - contested / clearance type?

Do you see him as eventually being that consistent 25+ disposal player or lesser disposals but more hurt factor with his kicking and decision making?

I haven't seen him as a junior and obviously he seldom played as a mid at GWS, so I'm not entirely sure what his strengths are as a mid..

Hes both. He's not overly quick but he has a really good sidestep and good vision in traffic. Disposal is good by foot without being laser top end (ie doesnt have a jeremy cameron boot on him). I think he may start on a wing but will end up as a good inside mid after 1-2 pre seasons. Is definitely not a small forward which is where the giants played him.

Why on Earth would we trade 7 for later picks or split it to attain Bruhn/Henry when we already have sufficient picks to get Bruhn and Henry?

Lunacy. It’s strange reading comments suggesting to do this. It would be a worse result for us.

It’s our first single digit pick in 16 yrs… this would certainly go to the draft if we got it.

Getting these sort of picks does not happen to Geelong. It’s really unbelievable… and you then have some thinking we should trade? Bizarre

43 (ie. nothing) is not fair for Sav.

I mean 43 is exactly what he cost us and he is currently not best 22 so its fair imo.
But as he is contracted if we want to hold him unless we get overs on that then thats our perogative.

I wonder if we could get norf round 3. There round 3 will be the same as our round 2 lol

We could but that doesnt solve the port issue my point was port cant trade their future 2nd in any deal for sav (assuming future 1st in jhf deal) unless they bring another future 2nd in.

Hes both. He's not overly quick but he has a really good sidestep and good vision in traffic. Disposal is good by foot without being laser top end (ie doesnt have a jeremy cameron boot on him). I think he may start on a wing but will end up as a good inside mid after 1-2 pre seasons. Is definitely not a small forward which is where the giants played him.
Thanks for that. I'm quite excited about him and getting him into our program he will develop quite nicely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should have learnt by now to trust that the club won’t bring in listed players who won’t have a place in the future team if they develop/play as the club predicts. I can see that Bruhn and Bowes fit their plan (if Bowes comes and stays fit, I agree with Danger, he looked like Mitch Duncan 2.0). I think Henry is not a Rohan replacement directly but a pretty damn good replacement potentially. The Irishman is a free hit for speed within our system (not so hot defensively maybe), and we should be grateful for anything else (pick 7 if we use it will be the best available for us). It is almost unthinkable that we could end up with that lot, but we take risks like a winner and if we have to move the dollars around, I am confident our lot won’t stuff it up like Collingwood, Essendon, etc. This year the football season was a magnificent dream, and potentially the off season could match it - like I said, unbelievable !

I wonder if we could fit Peter Wright in.

Peter Wright.JPG
*Disclaimer: Poster may be extracting urine here.

Last edited:
The Power still holds out hope that Geelong will relent in a deal with Esava Ratugolea even as the Cats rule out a trade.

Port Adelaide believes the 24-year-old has little chance of getting a regular senior game at the Cats in 2023 so are hopeful Geelong will have an open mind by the end of the trade period next week.

Ratugolea, who played mostly in defence in the VFL this year, met with Port Adelaide officials on Thursday.

The Power believe he has little chance of getting a regular senior game in the Geelong side next year so are hopeful the Cats will have an open mind by the end of the trade period next week.

They dont say what they are willing to give. They will not have anything we want they are trading it all for the Hypen.

I mean 43 is exactly what he cost us and he is currently not best 22 so its fair imo.
But as he is contracted if we want to hold him unless we get overs on that then thats our perogative.
We shouldn’t trade Sav for a pick we can’t use or a token pick. Let him have a go next season as a defender to see if he can fulfill his potential and then review it. The club has put a lot of effort into him, and we need a tall defender backup.
The only reason to trade him for a useless pick is to open up another list spot.

I do wonder if this was their plan with their pick trade this arvo..split the pick and get multiple targets.
43 for sav is fair but we cant use any more picks this year so its useless to us.
Ideally we need to flip sav and our later 2022 picks for their 2023 r2 but if they trade 2 firsts for jhf they arent allowed to trade their future 2nd.
I wonder what other clubs if any are keen on sav?

Id give them a couple of days to find a way to do it ... but I don't think they are prepared to bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back