Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we want a key defender I’d be looking at Logue or Pierce as Freo might be wanting to shed some cap space to make room for players they’re targeting.
If we do get e decent key defender I’d hope they would replace Kolo. And be a size to take key forwards.

Does Freo’s bigger offer to Luke Jackson help prise Meek out?

What’s their to want about Meek?

Average second ruck behind Sean Darcy (one of the best in the league) who won’t solve our ruck problems.

Stanley will do for now, Conway is the future and I still see Ratugolea playing that second ruck role/forward.

What’s their to want about Meek?

Average second ruck behind Sean Darcy (one of the best in the league) who won’t solve our ruck problems.

Stanley will do for now, Conway is the future and I still see Ratugolea playing that second ruck role/forward.
Not all share your assessment.

Conway isn’t going to be able to do it alone post-Stanley.

He won’t do it alone. He’ll most likely still have Ratugolea as that second ruck/forward.
Ratugolea is on the precipice of irrelevance.

It does but he is contracted and darcy isnt super durable so i imagine they hold him unless they get a good pick. That said if jackson comes meek definitely looks to leave in 12 months (when he is ooc).

It does but he is contracted and darcy isnt super durable so i imagine they hold him unless they get a good pick. That said if jackson comes meek definitely looks to leave in 12 months (when he is ooc).
12 months probably suits us better anyway given Stanley and Ceglar end then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not worry about any fringe ruckman from any other club... we got Ceglar and Stanley till the end of 2023..

Stanley might get another year after that .
Ceglar will hang up the boots...
Conaway hopefully be rucking as our no 1 ruck.
Neale hopefully playing also, and will back him up.
Hopefully got another kid from the draft thats a young ruck.
If Stanley not playing we might recruit another Darcy Fort as a state ruckman...

Bang...

12 months probably suits us better anyway given Stanley and Ceglar end then.

If stanley can stay healthy yes then they both retire end 2023 and we get meek or another traded ruck plus darcy. But next year is our window so we want to see stanley stay on the park for 1 more year until conway is ready.

If stanley can stay healthy yes then they both retire end 2023 and we get meek or another traded ruck plus darcy. But next year is our window so we want to see stanley stay on the park for 1 more year until conway is ready.

Next year is our window for what?

Please don’t say finals, I think we’ve got a few more years left in us.

I find it a bit frustrating... we discussed they types we should put the word to...and from my pov , it was not Ceglar ..it was guys that had shown a glimpse ..and Meek was one of them. He was OOC... did we not give him a legit offer? Or was he from the Preuss school of happy to be one out and one back..?

As good as Conway should be long term... eventually every ruck gets injured. Not too many Kimmy Stynes, and any ruck worth his salt should look at our list and be willing to back themselves that they can be the guy who takes over from Stanley. If Jackson does move..and if a couple of big academy kids get added to GWS... I suspect there will be a couple of rucks look at their options either this year or next.

I kind of doubt you could play Conway and Meek in the same side. So its a matter of is Meek a chance to be better than Conway. I suspect they will like the idea of having a big lump matched with a Blitz type..not that there are a lot of them.

So how do Frematle get this done ... and could we make hay from it? Im not sure they have someone id be desperate to get hold of that would be gettable.

$10.5M for Jackson. In a way I admire it. They have been the shoeshine boy to the big suit in town for too long..have watched them win three flags ..and have never had a drink from the cup themselves.. and the now have a window...they might have a chance the next thee to five years while WC restock their talent. To even the score, maybe even have a little era for themselves

Its OK to offer big dollars and attract him ...but they are no longer a dregs drinker... Id have thought that they may have targeted a certain Brayshaw brother rather than Jackson... but it looks like they want to go the guts ..and really land a big young WA fish.

They will have a late R1...lets say P15 to P20 ... and then do not have anything till R4. They would expect next years R1 to be late as well.

Meek will not reap them much.. maybe an R2. Could they encourage Perace to go to get a comp pick? No way Jackson is going to the PSD so it might be get the popcorn out.

I was asked above about possible mid-field gets.

First i would suggest we stop trying to trade in super stars like Danger and Cameron. Second, i would suggest that there are always Michael Barlows and Jy Newcombes out there somewhere. Third I would suggest there are young players who are currently in and out of their AFL teams who may well be potential A-graders - Sam Flanders?

Our current mid-field is on the precipice. Selwood, Duncan and Danger are near the end. Guthrie must be 30. Atkins is a fill-in. Stephens is effectively in his first year. Parfitt has known strengths and weaknesses.

Some creative thinking will be needed because history looks like repeating itself: we'll play finals, get flogged and end up with pick 16 or approx at the draft.

I was asked above about possible mid-field gets.

First i would suggest we stop trying to trade in super stars like Danger and Cameron. Second, i would suggest that there are always Michael Barlows and Jy Newcombes out there somewhere. Third I would suggest there are young players who are currently in and out of their AFL teams who may well be potential A-graders - Sam Flanders?

Our current mid-field is on the precipice. Selwood, Duncan and Danger are near the end. Guthrie must be 30. Atkins is a fill-in. Stephens is effectively in his first year. Parfitt has known strengths and weaknesses.

Some creative thinking will be needed because history looks like repeating itself: we'll play finals, get flogged and end up with pick 16 or approx at the draft.
If we can snag another Danger for half a packet of twisties then I’m all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back