Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatever happened to that Jarvis kid?

Wasn’t he supposed to be the 3rd marking tall once Rohan retired? Did he even scalp a game?

Do we have someone on our list to replace Rohan or do we have any players that we like the look of?
I like the idea of rotating a mid/wing through there next year. Knevitt with the height and contested marking, or Dempsey with his attacking work would be great and they can also move up the ground and hand around the wings the way Miers does and provide running options.

I also like the idea of resting smaller contested types there that can kick a goal like Willis, Whyte, or Kroeger and they can give danger a chop out.

I think we need to get smart about how we get games into kids

Sav shouldn't touch the AFL side until he strings 5 weeks together that are worth it.
Absolutely.
That’s why I didn’t mind when Dalhaus came back in. A few good vfl games in a row and a position opened up.
The same should go for Sav. He’s been gifted 50 odd games and delivered very little. His vfl form to get into the afl side has always been poor but they bring him straight in.
I’m hoping the fact Blicavs has been so good as our number 2 ruckman that’s what keeps Sav in the VFL
Got nothing to do with the forward line IMO

We’d all like to keep our 1st round pick and we’d all love to give GWS a big finger, but if our pick is over #15 then I’d comfortably predict that Bruhn will be a better AFL player than the vast majority of 18 year olds picked from that point. Kid is the exact player we need.

I’m also interested in GWS’ defence. Harry Himm has looked sensational as a key back the last few weeks. With their tight cap is he an option? Where does that leave local boy Idun. He’s also a very decent prospect and still in the team. Can they fit all of these in the one side with Taylor. They also have Alir, Keefe, Buckley, Davis, Stein, and Fleeton. Seems an extraordinary amount for lists of 44

We’d all like to keep our 1st round pick and we’d all love to give GWS a big finger, but if our pick is over #15 then I’d comfortably predict that Bruhn will be a better AFL player than the vast majority of 18 year olds picked from that point. Kid is the exact player we need.

I’m also interested in GWS’ defence. Harry Himm has looked sensational as a key back the last few weeks. With their tight cap is he an option? Where does that leave local boy Idun. He’s also a very decent prospect and still in the team. Can they fit all of these in the one side with Taylor. They also have Alir, Keefe, Buckley, Davis, Stein, and Fleeton. Seems an extraordinary amount for lists of 44

Idun just signed for 4 years a few weeks ago. Unsure on fleetons status might be ooc. I doubt himmelberg goes but one of their other talls might as they have a few fringe talls. Factor in though that davis and keefe likely retire this year and stein is 28ish and a fringe player and buckley is coming off an ACL so they dont have as many long term as they do short term.

I think he will be worth around a 20 plus or minus a bit ... how that works out in trade ... will probably depend on multiple factors . Ideally we get something like that from trading our late picks for an earlier one with a team that needs points like Bris.

Disappointing to hear Scott’s comments on 360 tonight about De Goey. I know it’s hard for coaches to criticise players at other clubs. But I would have preferred him to rule out recruiting him when asked directly. Clearly there is no chance he’s going to Geelong anyway but make a statement that we wouldn’t tolerate that at Geelong.

There’s a lot of issues with his behaviour but I’m sure not everyone here will agree on all of that. But the minimum is his off field behaviour shows a lack of respect to his team mates and club. I don’t think that’s within the mould of who we’d want at the club.

Just a shame that the coaches are comfortable to actually say what they think for fear of being critiqued.
Scott did mention that the club tries not to comment so much on trading/recruitment of players I think he meant while they’re still in contract.

The other interesting comment was how the coaches approached this season. That they tried to look at the list with fresh eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing to hear Scott’s comments on 360 tonight about De Goey. I know it’s hard for coaches to criticise players at other clubs. But I would have preferred him to rule out recruiting him when asked directly. Clearly there is no chance he’s going to Geelong anyway but make a statement that we wouldn’t tolerate that at Geelong.

There’s a lot of issues with his behaviour but I’m sure not everyone here will agree on all of that. But the minimum is his off field behaviour shows a lack of respect to his team mates and club. I don’t think that’s within the mould of who we’d want at the club.

Just a shame that the coaches are comfortable to actually say what they think for fear of being critiqued.
Scott did mention that the club tries not to comment so much on trading/recruitment of players I think he meant while they’re still in contract.

The other interesting comment was how the coaches approached this season. That they tried to look at the list with fresh eyes.
Didn't see it but don't think it's his place to get involved so avoiding strong comments either way is the smart outcome.

If he helps us win a premiership
I couldn’t care less if he went to Bali Monday-Thursday every week.

I know it’s a shot down option but I’ll hang myself out to dry and say absolutely I’d love to have DeGoey play for us.
Think he will go to Norf on that big fat contract. They will offer it to him again

He’s in a no win situation. I thought he did ok to deflect it, saying with any player it’s up to the list managers to do due diligence. Hinkley basically said the same.

Is Bruhn really worth paying that much for? I haven’t been blown away by him. He does some nice things but isn’t a great ball winner, at this stage at least. I wouldn’t be giving up a lot to get him. Particularly, with this draft being relatively deep into the 3rd round.

Is Bruhn really worth paying that much for? I haven’t been blown away by him. He does some nice things but isn’t a great ball winner, at this stage at least. I wouldn’t be giving up a lot to get him. Particularly, with this draft being relatively deep into the 3rd round.
No.

He’s in a no win situation. I thought he did ok to deflect it, saying with any player it’s up to the list managers to do due diligence. Hinkley basically said the same.
Yeah they both moved the conversation away to talk generally but I just wish there was the ability to speak more freely. Agree it would have made a big story if he had of said anything more.
I just wish we were at a point where coaches and players can say more what they think.

Let's not worry about any fringe ruckman from any other club... we got Ceglar and Stanley till the end of 2023..

Stanley might get another year after that .
Ceglar will hang up the boots...
Conaway hopefully be rucking as our no 1 ruck.
Neale hopefully playing also, and will back him up.
Hopefully got another kid from the draft thats a young ruck.
If Stanley not playing we might recruit another Darcy Fort as a state ruckman...

Bang...

What about Paul Tsapatolis? How’s he coming along as a third or second ruck banana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If he helps us win a premiership
I couldn’t care less if he went to Bali Monday-Thursday every week.

I know it’s a shot down option but I’ll hang myself out to dry and say absolutely I’d love to have DeGoey play for us.
Think he will go to Norf on that big fat contract. They will offer it to him again
It would not be a premiership that I could enjoy. I wouldn’t be watching if he was playing for Geelong.
If he goes to North then I’d say he’ll end is career early as they won’t have the support structure to ensure he can keep playing good footy. Slim chance now that he goes to another club I would’ve thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back