Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I don't think he plays much like Neale. Stronger body good at protecting space, good overhead. Neale plays more lead up and roaming option as well as second ruck

You cant play them both plus henry though.

Presume it's been posted but update on rucks:

"CLUBS LOCK AWAY RUCK OPTIONS
THE RUCK merry-go-round continues to thin, with Collingwood's Oscar Steene and Fremantle's Liam Reidy among the untried talls on the cusp of re-signing at their current clubs.

Steene and Reidy both attracted a handful of interest from ruck-needy clubs across the competition, though the Pies and the Dockers are in advanced negotiations to lock away both players to respective one-year extensions.

Liam Reidy ahead of the match between Fremantle and Sydney at Optus Stadium in round nine, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos
Clubs have been determined to secure their depth ruck options before the season finishes, given the dearth of quality big men likely to move throughout the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period.

Steene and Reidy will join the likes of Carlton's Hudson O'Keeffe, Greater Western Sydney's Nick Madden and Essendon's Vigo Visentini in being re-signed across recent months despite not yet playing an AFL game.

Clubs scouring the ruck market are instead likely to turn their focus towards contracted options that could include Sydney's Peter Ladhams (who is signed until 2025), Essendon's Nick Bryan (2025), Hawthorn's Ned Reeves (2026) and Carlton's Marc Pittonet (2027).

Western Bulldogs star Tim English remains the best unsigned ruck on the market and has attracted significant interest from West Coast as a restricted free agent, but appears likely to stay at the Whitten Oval. – Riley Beveridge
Until the official name of Reidy resign. There is still hope we can get him

Jack Lukosius
I would love Geelong to try and get him. Just got dropped from Gold Coast this round.. Would play him as Key Forward any day of the week. But I think he would cost to much as him in contract

Waterman was never happening and Geelong were not a serious player in those discussions.

Outside of Bailey Smith I'm really not sure and have not heard a lot.

Not a lot of "free hit" midfielders around so we'd need to trade and I'm not sure we have the draft capital after a Smith first rounder goes to the Dogs - unless the right player is available and we are prepared to trade a future pick. So that really just leaves salary and player dumps in trade period by other clubs if they're trying to clear space to bring other players in (like Bowes and the Suns a few years back). There's generally a few left field surprises so let's hope Geelong are on the receiving end and bring a good player in for peanuts.
All my sources are West based so I hear things - I reported we were into Nash as I was told we went pretty hard for him.

I did hear we were chasing one of Fremantles defenders but not sure which one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All my sources are West based so I hear things - I reported we were into Nash as I was told we went pretty hard for him.

I did hear we were chasing one of Fremantles defenders but not sure which one.

Jordan Clark 😜

Luke Ryan or Alex Pearce please - but doubt the captain moves on

I'm guessing one of Brandon Walker, Joshua Draper or hopefully someone like Heath Chapman. I haven't been told any names though

All of those guys are signed til 2027 and are largely locals so i doubt it.
The only player i think it maybe could be is worner but i wouldnt want him.

Jack Lukosius
I would love Geelong to try and get him. Just got dropped from Gold Coast this round.. Would play him as Key Forward any day of the week. But I think he would cost to much as him in contract

So if Lukosius is heading to Crows and Thilthorpe has a Key forward spot locked down, does that make Fogarty the odd one out?

Maybe Crows know he wants to go?

I'd be happy with Fogarty as a free agent. But I'm not sure he's the type you should be spending a first rounder on.

And with him being a restricted free agent it's hard to see Adelaide accepting a band 2-3 compensation when they could match and get us to cough up the equivalent of a late first.

I'd be happy with Fogarty as a free agent. But I'm not sure he's the type you should be spending a first rounder on.

And with him being a restricted free agent it's hard to see Adelaide accepting a band 2-3 compensation when they could match and get us to cough up the equivalent of a late first.
Depends if they get lukosius. They land lukosius they have no where to play Fogarty. Plus Welsh coming in as a 3rd tall

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back