Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

What do we do to snag a pick in the 20's?
Not sure, never plays out how any of us think. Our boys are super creative so nothing would surprise. Lukosius may have zero interest in playing for Geelong and vice versa, but if there is a sniff I’d back Mackie to give it a realistic shot.

Not sure, never plays out how any of us think. Our boys are super creative so nothing would surprise. Lukosius may have zero interest in playing for Geelong and vice versa, but if there is a sniff I’d back Mackie to give it a realistic shot.
Biggest issue with lukosius is that he has simply been at GC for too long.

He needed to leave a couple of years ago, he is now fully formed as an adult and footy player. The environment that he has been in has been so non-competitive and has no doubt affected his development.

I would avoid him, it would take at least 2 seasons to teach him how to play in a manner that assists winning rather than just self preservation. Playing for crappy clubs since you came into the league will do that to a player. He has been playing for self preservation for too long to be able to change quickly.

Is this the new mystery mid?

homer simpson GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a lot of talk here about drafting a ball winning midfielder and tall forward.

I think the focus should be a line breaking half back, which allows us to push holmes back in to the midfield. I would've thought our forward line is already sorted. Maybe its not as good as the dogs, but its better than any other side IMO.

Then to finish off the midfield maybe save trades and capital for Harley Reid.
We 100% need a Key Forward... Jeremy Cameron isn't getting any younger, Shannon Neale is no certain ( does have potential, but potential doesn't mean it's a certain) plus if we have 1 od them go down with a long term injury, we have no back up...
In my view. Our 1st pick in this years draft we need to get a Key Forward

We 100% need a Key Forward... Jeremy Cameron isn't getting any younger, Shannon Neale is no certain ( does have potential, but potential doesn't mean it's a certain) plus if we have 1 od them go down with a long term injury, we have no back up...
If you're staying to replace Jez I think it's too late. We need a trade

Geee. What would he cost in a trade?? It cost a fortune...

Im about as much chance of playing for geelong next year as we are of getting petracca this year..theres no chance they trade him willingly. Oliver is another matter.

Our first pick is probably reserved for Smith or another player so a pick around 40 for a KF

Biggest issue with lukosius is that he has simply been at GC for too long.

He needed to leave a couple of years ago, he is now fully formed as an adult and footy player. The environment that he has been in has been so non-competitive and has no doubt affected his development.

I would avoid him, it would take at least 2 seasons to teach him how to play in a manner that assists winning rather than just self preservation. Playing for crappy clubs since you came into the league will do that to a player. He has been playing for self preservation for too long to be able to change quickly.
Thing is Rivers came to us from a completely broken Melbourne side, and he was excellent for us. And its taken a little bit of time but we are seeing it from Bowes as well. If any club has the coaches and system to take a player who has talent and get them to their ceiling its us.

I don't think anyone expected Stengle to hit his potential when we took him on either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back