Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

A weeks a long time, wouldn’t have beaten Freo without him, easy target.
I think you've confused Danger with Ollie Bahaha.
Yeah Yeah. I have admitted the P Heat jibe was below the belt but please don't insult my intelligence by telling me he was instrumental in us beating Freo.
Frankly speaking. He has been below par pretty much all year and anyone who thinks he hasn't equalled our performed on a trajectory folks had him pegged for prior to the season is kidding themselves.
I'll leave it at that as the slope of the whole "Ollie Henry value/worth/untapped ability, ceiling" blah blah has sailed into reality and it's not as rosy as it's been portrayed by some.
Cheers Bud.

In an Ideal world we would tell Ollie Henry to have the rest of the year off and start again next season clearly just not clicking for him this year and this happens, the club just need to protect him still very young and lots to learn.

The Ollie Pea heart shit is lame

Bloke contests hard in marking contests - not pea hearted at all.

Fair to want to see more defensively in F50 - I would too - but hes doing ok. Pea heart is cheap couch warrior shit

GO CAtters
Yes Yes i've admitted the p heart.
But please stop there as the bolded is about your perception not mine Daz.
As for the couch warrior part.
I must sit at the footy with a different lot of people as that is the catch cry every time he goes near it these days.
Is PeaHeart.... and a few more that rhyme with peak and miss.
I guess he's made a name for himself without my help.
Views and perception and opinions are what we are ALL here for.
I am cool with those who rate and don't rate players.
Bag all u want and praise all you want.
In doing so we are all free to agree and disagree via the same forum we are all on here.
I'll stick to mine. Others can stick to there's.
As time has passed mine has changed, maybe just maybe it will change again based on what i see.
Cheers Daz.

Yes Yes i've admitted the p heart.
But please stop there as the bolded is about your perception not mine Daz.
As for the couch warrior part.
I must sit at the footy with a different lot of people as that is the catch cry every time he goes near it these days.
Is PeaHeart.... and a few more that rhyme with peak and miss.
I guess he's made a name for himself without my help.
Views and perception and opinions are what we are ALL here for.
I am cool with those who rate and don't rate players.
Bag all u want and praise all you want.
In doing so we are all free to agree and disagree via the same forum we are all on here.
I'll stick to mine. Others can stick to there's.
As time has passed mine has changed, maybe just maybe it will change again based on what i see.
Cheers Daz.
Fine to ask for more from players, and opine that their efforts arent enough for standards we as fans set.

But it can be done in a way that IMO is better than that.

The sentiment is fine - my small issue was with the delivery which you subsequently agreed was not your best.

And as for other supporters around me during games... Id luv to able to have that sadly footy for me is a truly solo venture.

Moving on

GO Catters

Fine to ask for more from players, and opine that their efforts arent enough for standards we as fans set.

But it can be done in a way that IMO is better than that.

The sentiment is fine - my small issue was with the delivery which you subsequently agreed was not your best.

And as for other supporters around me during games... Id luv to able to have that sadly footy for me is a truly solo venture.

Moving on

GO Catters
All good Daz. We move on. Cheers Bud!

Jack Viney to Geelong. Thoughts?

Cats were really into him a few years back. A great inside ball wnner. Just what we need atm in my opinion.

He would still be under contract for another year, after signing a 5 year deal with the Demons at the end of 2020.

At 30, he shouldn't cost us the earth I wouldn't think, and should still have 3-4 good years in him.

Personally, I really like him as a player and think he would be a great fit all round.

What are your thoughts? What would he cost us?

Last edited:
I think you've confused Danger with Ollie Bahaha.
Yeah Yeah. I have admitted the P Heat jibe was below the belt but please don't insult my intelligence by telling me he was instrumental in us beating Freo.
Frankly speaking. He has been below par pretty much all year and anyone who thinks he hasn't equalled our performed on a trajectory folks had him pegged for prior to the season is kidding themselves.
I'll leave it at that as the slope of the whole "Ollie Henry value/worth/untapped ability, ceiling" blah blah has sailed into reality and it's not as rosy as it's been portrayed by some.
Cheers Bud.
Missed a couple he might normally have kicked, maybe a bit sore but go through the mini match and look at his involvements if you can’t see it I can’t help you..

In an Ideal world we would tell Ollie Henry to have the rest of the year off and start again next season clearly just not clicking for him this year and this happens, the club just need to protect him still very young and lots to learn.
You’re not playing very well, take the rest of the year off and ignore the fact we have finals coming up 😳😳

When has that happened, ever?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan.

He looks great when he bobs up and kicks his 2-3 goals, but when his lead mark game infront of goals is not working for him, he becomes a large liability across the game.

How many times has Ollie Henry run back to help out in defense?? Or how many intercept marks across hb Has he taken??

He leaves it all up to the other half forwards and cherry picks the hard work of others

If he's getting a defender, then he's not a liability. His team mates need to shift their focus and either stop bombing it on his head, or find another target that isn't Henry.

Murdoch press reporting that Petracca rumours of wanting to leave are definitely true (Tom Morris doubling down), but whether it can/will happen remains to be seen.

Huge if true for other clubs, unfortunately irrelevant to Geelong. 0% chance we have anything close to what they’d accept

I'd take Trac over Smith, so if he wants to come to the Cats, I'd be allocating the trade capital earmarked for Smith to get that deal done, though that would likely not be enough and I doubt he wants to come here.
You will need to double the trade capital to even get a sniff of Petracca.

We are no shot at him.

He isn't the youngest either.

Chances of Petracca leaving Melbourne FC would be very slim - less than 5% chance IMO.

Chances of him playing for a non metro Melbourne club equally as slim. He wants success so that will narrow down the clubs in the mix - everyone will say Pies but they have a terrible draft hand - Carlton might go hard but they must be tight for cap space with big contracts for Curnow - McKay - Weitering and Walsh. Essendon might be a sleeper but hard to see them winning a flag before Petracca is cooked.

Geelong will sniff and ask the right questions but I wouldn't waste too much energy on him getting to Geelong.

I'd take Trac over Smith, so if he wants to come to the Cats, I'd be allocating the trade capital earmarked for Smith to get that deal done, though that would likely not be enough and I doubt he wants to come here.
Petracca would be a Tim Kelly / Jeremey Camerson sized deal that comes with a giant anchor as far as his current contract in concerned. The only clubs with cap space and draft capital would be at the lower end of the ladder and there's no way he'll go somewhere without a good chance of a flag in the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back