Giants to offer Pick 1 for Fyfe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fremantle should do it.. And then grab Tom Boyd to replace Pavlich.

Having a plethora of talented key position forwards doesn't seem to be a recipe for success. You need midfielders to kick it to them. Look at you guys; Jack Watts, Mitch Clark, Chris Dawes, Jesse Hogan, Jack Fitzpatrick & Jeremy Howe. We finished 2nd and you finished 2nd last.

No question we need some more tall forward talent, but to gut your midfield for those players is a mistake.

Having a plethora of talented key position forwards doesn't seem to be a recipe for success. You need midfielders to kick it to them. Look at you guys; Jack Watts, Mitch Clark, Chris Dawes, Jesse Hogan, Jack Fitzpatrick & Jeremy Howe. We finished 2nd and you finished 2nd last.

No question we need some more tall forward talent, but to gut your midfield for those players is a mistake.

Fremantle do already have talent in there midfield. Melbourne don't..

If I were Freo, no way would I trade for Fyfe for pick 1.

*Boyd is unproven and will take a several years to dominate.
*They have money in their salary cap to get Franklen or another Forward at another club.
*Fyfe is a local WA boy and their is a chance that Boyd might leave Freo and get homesick in the future.

To be honest I think id take Fyfe over any key forward in the game so I definitely wouldn't trade him for a kid that might be a quality key forward in 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair price, but no. Would destroy the fabric of the team. We need to keep our list or top up not trade for the future atm.

They would have to offer pick 1, 3 and a player for it to be fair.

Fyfe is a gun, and Pick 1 is pure speculation.

How many pick 1's in the last 10 years would you trade Fyfe for?

Nick Riewoldt a defiantly yes, a couple maybe's and a lot of hell no's

Nick Riewoldt
Luke Hodge
Brendon Goddard
Adam Cooney
Brett Deledio
Marc Murphy
Bryce Gibbs
Matthew Kreuzer
Jack Watts
Tom Scully
David Swallow
Jonathon Patton
Lachie Whitfield

Would need to offer at least pick 1 and Coniglio for the club to even pick up the phone

Trade Fyfe..... never going to happen. Hope not anyway.

No player is untradeable, but to get Fremantle to trade Fyfe would require a killer offer, so I agree with this suggestion.

It would give us Boyd which is a direct need but I am really nervous about go home factor so no way would I lose Fyfe for him, Coniglio coming home fixes that.

Hogan maybe different.

I love how aggressive GWS are going. If they did get Buddy and Fyfe they would make some great strides in 2014.

Doubt that it will happen. In a couple of years Fyfe will be able to play CHF/FF just as well as midfield ala Hird. Freo would want pick 1 plus Adams as a 'walk in' mid and maybe even more on top. Adams wants to go to Vic but a chance to play in a top side for good $$$$???? Will not happen but put Franklin and Fyfe into the GWS side and perhaps Cameron to CHB (when Paton available) to add class down back and they would be a way better team.
According to Knightmare's thread there are 2 (or 3?) KPP forwards likely to go very early next year so GWS will probably get another go at a good big forward next year regardeless - or early picks will be auctioned!!.

They would have to offer pick 1, 3 and a player for it to be fair.

Fyfe is a gun, and Pick 1 is pure speculation.

How many pick 1's in the last 10 years would you trade Fyfe for?

Nick Riewoldt a defiantly yes, a couple maybe's and a lot of hell no's

Nick Riewoldt
Luke Hodge
Brendon Goddard
Adam Cooney
Brett Deledio
Marc Murphy
Bryce Gibbs
Matthew Kreuzer
Jack Watts
Tom Scully
David Swallow
Jonathon Patton
Lachie Whitfield

Yeah, nah.

Better players than Fyfe wouldn't even command that sort of trade.

I would do that if I was Freo. No player is untradeable. Pick one could get them exactly what they need! A quality young KPF.
They have midfielders coming out of their ears, but Pav is 32 in a couple of months. They need to find a replacement now.

Who knows, maybe Boyd could slot the regulation shots on goal that Fyfe totally screwed up yesterday? :cool:

if you think Fyfe for Pick 1 (Boyd) is a good idea - then you are a spud without a clue. You don't trade a fyfe on a chance some big kid will make it. Lots of kids have dominated kiddy leagues, Boyd could take 4-5 years to be ready - by that time the nucleus of freo is gone. Midfielders win premierships, defenders help and forwards take the glory. I would always take a dominating midfielder (who kicks goals) before a tall forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back