List Mgmt. Glenn Luff - Has resigned as list manager

Remove this Banner Ad

It wouldn't surprise me if Luff had Riley Thilthorpe on his radar.

I also like the idea because his surname would torment Caroline Wilson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Draft was even after pick 5-6"

"We were happy to off load our pick 8, get the three in the 30's, and stock up for next year"
I disagree with this, Serong and Flanders are as good as any that went top 6

If we kept pick 8 and took one I would have been happy. However the extra first rounder next year should hopefully be as good in combination with the extra second rounders

I disagree with this, Serong and Flanders are as good as any that went top 6

If we kept pick 8 and took one I would have been happy. However the extra first rounder next year should hopefully be as good in combination with the extra second rounders

How do you know that they weren't in Luff's top 6?

He's referring to his own draft analysis.

Good interview and refreshing to hear a full half hour of chat rather than a five minute fish for a headline. Thanks for posting it gr.

Luffy said the tweaks in the gameplan Shaw made when he took over was on the back of the club not playing to its strengths with regard to its list.

He must have been sitting in the box the first two months thinking what in the actual flying **** the bloke in charge was doing.

Luffy said the tweaks in the gameplan Shaw made when he took over was on the back of the club not playing to its strengths with regard to its list.

He must have been sitting in the box the first two months thinking what in the actual flying fu** the bloke in charge was doing.
Like every North supporter did.

He must have been sitting in the box the first two months thinking what in the actual flying fu** the bloke in charge was doing.

Scott had a gameplan that seemed to be capable of beating any team, so was more than happy to try and squeeze a dozen square pegs into round holes. I went on and on about the above analogy and don't think I really said this next part, but it was towards the end of his tenure when he would defend the gameplan and place the blame on the players that he REALLY lost me. Actually started to feel more than a little bit of disgust. It was so obvious for so long that a lot of players were under instructions that actively worked against their strengths, I was seeing blokes like Higgins stalling mid action as he forced himself to re-evaluate and instead of going with his instincts he would try to execute to the gameplan. I think that kind of coaching tendency and approach just became more blatant over time. Now when I think about how so many of the younger players never developed like we would have wanted, I can't help but wonder how much damage Scott may have done to them by robbing them of their instincts and creativity. It was certainly obvious with a few specific players who played at AFL level, but god knows how many we screwed who never rose even that far.

Oh well, water under the bridge and all that. Really just hoping to see a gameplan that genuinely utilises our strengths both as a squad and on an individual basis. Even if we aren't world-beaters I will be more than pleased if I can at least see that.

I’m raging just thinking about it.

Seen enough. Sack this ****.

Never been a list manager before, no demonstrable success at a club.

We had Bonar playing key defender and rushed Bergman in as a defensive option because our depth in this area was so poor. And where's Matty McGuiness, his supposed ace up the sleeve?

That's before considering we have 1 genuine opportunist young forward on the list.

He's the weakest link. Goodbye.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Glenn Luff - Has resigned as list manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Back