News Gone: Alex Keath wants to be traded to the Bulldogs

What will we get for Alex Keath?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't see it happening with the Doggies pick 13 personally.
You may be right ....but the Dogs are in the window & desprately need the KPD .....that ups the stakes & IMO the value of Keath

Value is equated to desperation & need .....I personally think #13 is very much in play

Keath & Pick 23 for Pick 13... pick 23 to Saints for Bruce

This is a very sensible trade scenario for Keath
This only values Keath at around pick 42 according to the points system. I know the points system is just a vague guide but still. I’d be giving them pick 28 instead. And even then it only values Keath at about pick 35.

I reckon it would need to be something like Keath & 28 for 13 & 50. That values Keath at around pick 23.

NO Im just not a dreamer

32 is what he is worth, get the deal done
it's about right, but when you see an opportunity to get something better, why not try for it. The Dogs need 2 second round picks, and we have a couple we can help out with.

It might end up they trade their 2020/2 for Bruce, but that comes at a risk with them on the up and all the concessions next year, it might end up at 36 or higher. I'm not sure either the Saints or us want that as compo.

it's about right, but when you see an opportunity to get something better, why not try for it. The Dogs need 2 second round picks, and we have a couple we can help out with.

It might end up they trade their 2020/2 for Bruce, but that comes at a risk with them on the up and all the concessions next year, it might end up at 36 or higher. I'm not sure either the Saints or us want that as compo.
Saints have got their own trades they need to sort out and I’m sure would want 2019 currency

Not if you heard the List Manager of the Bulldogs, saying it will not be traded
Geelong said Kelly wouldn't be traded either
Reid said we had no interest in Gibbs
Sos said GIbbs wouldn't be traded
GC said OMeara would cost 2 firsts

Dogs said 13 wouldn't be traded...

Chapman said Pyke had their full support
Fantasia said he’s not going anywhere

The AFL industry lies, it’s just part of the business

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keath is not worth pick 13

Yes he had a purple patch of form however IMO he still has some significant fkaws in his game

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keath is not worth pick 13

Yes he had a purple patch of form however IMO he still has some significant fkaws in his game

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree...but the suggested deal has always been Keath, 28/23 for 13.

Gives Dogs the 20s pick they need for Bruce too.

Dogs get Bruce, Keath for 13

I agree...but the suggested deal has always been Keath, 28/23 for 13.

Gives Dogs the 20s pick they need for Bruce too.

Dogs get Bruce, Keath for 13

Would you give up a low round pick for a so so player and a drop from your best pick

The Adelaide board would go off if we gave up 4 for fantasia and some later pick, and lets be honest Fantasia has far more value than Keath

Would you give up a low round pick for a so so player and a drop from your best pick

The Adelaide board would go off if we gave up 4 for fantasia and some later pick, and lets be honest Fantasia has far more value than Keath

...and Pick 4 has far more value than Pick 13

Really that is a no brainer for them. That could put them in the top 4 and a real shot for the flag.

Agreed, Pick 13 isn’t Pick 4. It’s an easy sell for them. We traded pick 13 for Keath & Bruce.

The flow on is easy to see too... Pick 23 or 28 from Saints to Swans for Jones, Pick 23 or 28 to Essendon as part of the Daniher deal.... I think the Bulldogs and Saints need one of our picks in the 20’s to achieve everything else they’ve got their hearts set on. We can sit back and let this one play out.

We may end up trading Keath for Pick 32 at the end of it all but nobody in their right mind would be racing down to AFL Headquarters to get it done right now.

Good question - only 3 points on it:

Pick 4 and 13 are very different
We aren't talking about Fantasia
We aren't pushing for a flag next year

Dogs have not said Pick 13 on the table, Sam McClure has said his ‘sources’ at the Bulldogs have said Pick 13 is on the table.

This is the problem with regurgitating trade commentary from pundits, in this case probably the worst of them all in Sam McClure, and treating it as gospel.

McClure also said his sources don’t think Keath will be back until late January or early February, but again we’ve actually heard nothing official from the Dogs on this one.

Reid came out and said he should be running by Xmas, and that the release of this information seems to be ‘posturing’ to lower his trade value.

Keath and Pick 28 for WB Pick 13 is fair value, especially in light of the contract on offer for Keath. They’re Premiership contenders with Keath in the team, they’ll blink before we do.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dogs have not said Pick 13 on the table, Sam McClure has said his ‘sources’ at the Bulldogs have said Pick 13 is on the table.

This is the problem with regurgitating trade commentary from pundits, in this case probably the worst of them all in Sam McClure, and treating it as gospel.

McClure also said his sources don’t think Keath will be back until late January or early February, but again we’ve actually heard nothing official from the Dogs on this one.

Reid came out and said he should be running by Xmas, and that the release of this information seems to be ‘posturing’ to lower his trade value.

Keath and Pick 28 for WB Pick 13 is fair value, especially in light of the contract on offer for Keath. They’re Premiership contenders with Keath in the team, they’ll blink before we do.

Blink is the key

Most would agree Keath is worth their pick 32

Im confused on why they would do it any other way

And as for Bruce, StKilda want a lot for him so pick 23 or 28 wont do it and the unfortunate thing for the bulldogs is he is contracted

That's what I said...

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gone: Alex Keath wants to be traded to the Bulldogs

Back