News Gone: Alex Keath wants to be traded to the Bulldogs

What will we get for Alex Keath?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Blink is the key

Most would agree Keath is worth their pick 32

Im confused on why they would do it any other way

And as for Bruce, StKilda want a lot for him so pick 23 or 28 wont do it and the unfortunate thing for the bulldogs is he is contracted
23 easily gets it done for Bruce. Saints have been reported as saying 28 gets it done too

Blink is the key

Most would agree Keath is worth their pick 32

Im confused on why they would do it any other way

And as for Bruce, StKilda want a lot for him so pick 23 or 28 wont do it and the unfortunate thing for the bulldogs is he is contracted

Once again, this is where actual verifiable information is important. Trade Radio asked Lethlean what he’d want for Bruce, and whether a 2nd round draft pick would get it done.

His response was something along the lines of ‘well it depends, a 2nd round pick can be pick 20, or it can be pick 32’ They then asked if 32 would be enough, and he responded that ‘at this stage I wouldn’t think that would be enough, no.

This makes me believe 23 or 28 would be more than enough, if it’s 28 it might need a late (current or future) pick going to Saints from the Bulldogs as a sweetener

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If the nothing return we got for Greenwood is any indication of a deal for Keath, I'd rather keep young Alex at this stage. Give him a decent three year deal.

I still think he's a better second tall defender than Hartigan, who is quite frankly a liability.

I'd expect Keath to end up being as much of a liability of Hartigan the moment you give him a competent forward to defend.

He certainly wasn't crash hot a year or so back with it, despite having one of the better 4 goals conceded performance against Franklin, and it's not like he's got much (if any) development left in him.

I'm not hopeful on the Keath trade.

Think it might be pick 45 + a 3rd or 4th round future pick.

It's interesting because if we gave Keath away for the Greenwood trade and was still locked with Greenwood being at an impasse, I'd be so much more comfortable.

Probably speaks volumes on how little I trust Keaths season being the norm. Or his flexibility in defense.

If I was Nicks and the crows I would be telling Keath that they just don't value you enough to make a suitable trade. Sure they can wave a big contract but if they are not prepared to offer up commensurate trade value then they really can't want you that much. They need to get a deal done as they have identified Keath and to not go through with a suitable deal will be bad. It also does not help the dogs in their premiership window as undoubtedly Keath makes their defense better - they know that and really a 3rd rounder should be taken off the table from their end and it should be upped to a 2nd rounder to get a deal done

Especially considering we’re hardly blessed with KPD depth.

Weve effectively got Talia, Hartigan and Butts. We’ve already lost Otten. Doedee and Kelly are undersized and at most 3rd talls.

That's not particularly difficult to fix though.

We've got an abundance of key forwards which can see one shifted back (EH being my bet with Frampton coming in), and of course, drafting a mature age option gives another body and should only cost a rookie pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd much rather we hold out and let him walk to the draft than fold for stuff all.

GC would at least match his contract, and it finally puts a line in the sand in regards to clubs trying to strong arm us.

With Greenwood, we didn't have a choice as GC would have just taken him in the PSD. The dogs don't have that option, GC are looking, time to draw the line

I'm fine with getting rid of Jenkins for nothing, he did well at the club. Not Keath, would rather get something in return for him.
Yeah of course something for Keath would be great but if its only pick 45 i would be ok with the club telling the Bulldogs to get stuffed and just let him go for nothing.
There is every chance right now we get a better pick than 45 for JJ.

I'd much rather we hold out and let him walk to the draft than fold for stuff all.

GC would at least match his contract, and it finally puts a line in the sand in regards to clubs trying to strong arm us.

With Greenwood, we didn't have a choice as GC would have just taken him in the PSD. The dogs don't have that option, GC are looking, time to draw the line

Probably done us a reasonable favor there GC, Keath may even elect to stay rather than risk getting selected by GC.

Perhaps a subtle suggestion to help facilitate the Greenwood trade.

Probably done us a reasonable favor there GC, Keath may even elect to stay rather than risk getting selected by GC.

Perhaps a subtle suggestion to help facilitate the Greenwood trade.
Let him go in the PSD - all we miss out on is pick 45, and sends a signal to all players, managers, and clubs that they at least need to use some lube next time

Disrespectful from the dogs. Reid playing this well imo, saying it’s unlikely puts pressure on the dogs as they really need his type
I do like how the talk is we should just accept what the Bulldogs are offering and not the Bullies are crazy for thinking they can bring in 2 guys without having to part with a good pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gone: Alex Keath wants to be traded to the Bulldogs

Back