Good, Bad and Ugly- Finals Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Another thing in the very ugly.

I couldn't believe the number of times one of our players would take a mark or win a free; look upfield to see open players, not kick it.. Wait 5 seconds until Sydney had covered all the free players... AND THEN KICK IT TO THE SAME SPOT THEY SHOULD HAVE TO START WITH... BEFORE ALL OF THE SYDNEY PLAYERS GOT THERE!!!
Absolutely.

Hesitant, slow football. It was finals footy the only way we know how.

The slowest to move the ball on are Doughty, Rutten and Reilly - so they are passing on their knowledge to the next generation.

They were both shit mate.

Vince plays with no intensity, just drifts along trying to avoid getting dirty.

Vince had 23 touches, 9 contested possessions ( Thommo had 17, Sloane 15, Mackay and Danger 10) He also had 7 centre clearances (the most of any crows player) and 5 1%ers (second most of anycrows player ) but yeah, he was shit and doesn't get his hands dirty...

They keep stats on how many contests he runs past or doesn't commit to?

Maybe I'm judging him harshly because he squibbed a couple of contests right in front of me; but he's still a major let down.

He should be an A grade mid working through with Thommo/Sloane/Danger, not a bit part role player.

Watching Luke Hodge last night, we really need to hand the captaincy over to someone else next year. Our captains inspirational factor is zero.

He's not a match winner - he's an average player; been a good Captain for us in a difficult period, but shouldn't continue in the role next year. He was smashed today, in fairness, Goodes has smashed a lot of people.

I'll add another thing that has been a major problem all year, and killed us again today - getting sucked into the ball carrier.

So many times, all of our players would swarm to the guy with the footy or a stoppage area, Sydney would flick it out over the top, and run away with it.

Been happening all year.

And our lack of movement through the middle to give options and run in support was hugely disappointing.

Good
Not much thommo radar dmac truck Vince

Bad
Talia breaking his arm. The worst player in our team apart from sauce to get a season ending injury.
None of our young players really standing up maybe Sloane
Goal kicking 5 goals in a final ain't going to win anything
Tippett not doing his contract any favours
Pets should have been dropped last week
Kicking into the forward line
LOOSE MAN IN DEFENSE! How many times does it have to happen to us before we wise up. Are we that stupid???
Apart from Thomson the others in our midfield just didn't stay it for long enough
Tackling. I say it again we still don't pin an arm or arms and the player gets the ball away. Another thing that we go to water on if the heat is turned on.
Callinan getting subbed.

Ugly
Winning inside 50's and having more shots at goal but losing by 29 just
doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different thing to happen. We are challenged.
Looks like Freo are going to choke in the last 10 minutes, but now have to play the hawks in a prelim if we can get our shite together. Can't see us winning that without talia

- The Ugly - Freo}
You guys have played well verse us last few times, your coach commented alot about us last time, this is finals

should be a good game, see you friday night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta played like a weak arse bitch did he?

Thought not.

Defenders are supposed to defend. I know it's a novel idea but it's sport 101.

He tore us a new one.
At what ****ing point was Dogga on Jetta? It certainly wasn't the first half. Jetta didn't exactly play that well either, we simply gifted him a couple of easy goals from poor team defense.

At what ******* point was Dogga on Jetta? It certainly wasn't the first half. Jetta didn't exactly play that well either, we simply gifted him a couple of easy goals from poor team defense.

Look, I'm not going to change your mind.

Doughty was on Jetta the entire second half and he had a hand in at least 3 of their final 4 goals. So I'm not going to waste any more of my time.

Schulzy you don't think Smith stood up?
Yep good call. Sloane and Smith, the only reason I didn't put him in was due to him not standing in front of Goodes when him and Shaw ballsed who was actually going to defend the kick to him. He was good today, but I thought blazed away into the forward line like everyone else. Did some good work in the backline.

Absolutely.

Hesitant, slow football. It was finals footy the only way we know how.

The slowest to move the ball on are Doughty, Rutten and Reilly - so they are passing on their knowledge to the next generation.
We went back into our shell in the third in particular, when the game was there to be won. For 15 mins we were stuck ~at a 24 point stalemate because everytime we got near the forward 50 we either chipped it back or sideways, looking for targets that really materialised (and when they did, missed dollies on goal or dropped the chest mark :rolleyes:) .

Look, I'm not going to change your mind.

Doughty was on Jetta the entire second half and he had a hand in at least 3 of their final 4 goals. So I'm not going to waste any more of my time.
And I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time because clearly Dogga had a good game today, while many others didn't. Jetta did not have a hand in 3 or 4 of their goals. He kicked one and that is about all I remember him doing. You are starting to sound like Vader, except you bag the established senior players instead of the younger ones on the fringe atm.

And I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time because clearly Dogga had a good game today, while many others didn't. Jetta did not have a hand in 3 or 4 of their goals. He kicked one and that is about all I remember him doing. You are starting to sound like Vader, except you bag the established senior players instead of the younger ones on the fringe atm.

Dude, he kicked 2.3 and you don't even remember (or want to remember) how long Doughty spent on him. So your creditability on this subject is shot.

Yes the club listed him as a best player but Doughty is a defender, he didn't defend. To me, that doesn't indicate him to have played a good game. He had an influence in the result, something stats won't tell you.

Get your head out of the sky and start looking at the game. A player can have a major impact with 2 or 3 touches and that can win and lose a game. If your a defender - ****ing defend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good, Bad and Ugly- Finals Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back