Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
That first half was terrible. Seems we bring it vs the good teams and we need a little time to hit our straps against the weaker ones.

Good:

Big % boost. Big, big score
Being able to give Jacobs a rest in the forward 50 for the last qtr
Bernie's game. Was very good
Good to bury a team. Just as needed
Top of the ladder (for a few hours at least!)
Talia towelling up the RS favourite
Callinan. :hearts: Just so smart. Probably our "smartest" footballer

Bad:

More injuries. Hope Hendo is ok
Lynch looked all at sea. He's not a key forward
Completely underwhelming game. 2nd half was better than the 1st though
Luke Brown didn't do much that made me sit up and go "woah" Got a taste of it, but Doughty offers more right now

Ugly:

Our first half
Dwayne commentating. Can't believe Dunstall said he was the best caller in the business
Cornes- Seriously needs a punch in the face

Big 3 weeks coming up. Win 2/3 of the Eagles, Cats and Bombers for an assault on top 2

Our work ethic is better than good, we just keep on doing the hard yards and that was noticable in the last quarter with various gut running adventures.

The way GWS smothered the stoppages and the gay abandon they crash into contests because they know teams don't wanna get hurt playing them, since they're so crap and it's not worth it. Which is IMO bad.

The ugly thing is we had no forward line at all but still cracked in excess of 25 goals.

Did we learn anything today :confused:

Well there's a couple of things .......the coaching panel knows more than us about why Lynch hasn't been getting a game

Shaw when moved up forward looked all class .....seriously this guy, considering he's in his first year, will be a very classy player

The Good
1 Generally pretty good effort all day considering our structures (KPP) were stuffed
2. Good % boost
3. Jacobs ...what an acquisition !!! We do have to rookie list another tap ruckman though as we have no backup
4. Rutten and Talia once again dominant
5. Shaw .....this guy can play anywhere ...up forward, down back, and IMO midfield when he strengthens up.
6 Reilly again consistent good marking

Bad (well not really)
1. Love Jenkins potential BUT he needs to one grab more marks ....gets hands to plenty of balls but drops too many
2. Lynch ....need i say more
3. Really think Knight will struggle in a high pressure finals game against the best teams
4. Henderson injury ....although basketballers are renown for weak ankles .....IMO he'll be right for next week.

Good:

Bernie continuing to find some form- excellent ball use.
Getting a good percentage booster.
27 goals! Nice even contribution with so many forwards out.
Brown -didn't do a lot, but is always good to see a new kid get a game.
Nutta's class.
Talia towelling up Cameron.
Throwing Shaw up forward with decent results.

Bad:

Our starts have been terrible this year.
Letting GWS get as close as they did.
Jenkins and Lynch are still a long way off.

Ugly:

Injuries.
Tackling.
The Chad.

Good
Win again despite being short a rotation.
GWS were playing properly (they were switched off last week) today, yet we still got a good win.
Had our B grade side out there, with the amount of forwards out plus dogga.
Douglas and Knights are out of sync with every one else but go wonderfully with each other!
Good games from Wright, Callinan, Shaw, Vince, Mackay
Good learning experience for Lynch and Jenkins - both def got better over the game and one senses they soaked up some instruction on running patterns and the midfielders were asked to deliver a bit better.
got to get a game into another debutant - Brown.
Douglas mark
Good that dangerfield and sloane plus coaches found a way to get them to impact the game despite being well held.
Struggled with the ground shape and size and didnt suit our style of play (MCG helped hawthorn to last weeks win) but still ended up going alright in the end.

Bad
Leaked easy over the back goals early.
Brogan's early dominance - sauce came back.
Kicking it to cornes early

Ugly
Umpiring - I know theyve got to help them out but the amount of times they got ones they didnt deserve and the amount of times we didnt get ones we should have - epitomised by callinan being thrown out the way at the end of the game.

Telecast. Cant see the footy in flight against the orange seats. Annoying shadows. Cameras were always too zoomed out, you couldnt make out the players. Chopped off / had no post game.

Good.

Telecast. Cant see the footy in flight against the orange seats. Annoying shadows. Cameras were always too zoomed out, you couldnt make out the players. Chopped off / had no post game.
Would have thought with shadows they would have kept cameras zoomed in ....whoever director was should be hauled over the coals :thumbsdown:

The good:
Percentage booster! Massive score without our twin towers. Certainly proved me wrong. 10% on the pies now, useful break.
Sitting behind the goals, and grabbing nuttas goal from the second 50

The bad :
Slow start. Will be punished next week if we start that slowly.

That Stadium really isn't made for TV is it. Thought they would've made it more TV friendly considering the low capacity and being purpose built. I guess thats the AFL for you... :rolleyes:

Good
13 goal kickers and 19 players registered a score.
The intensity that was kept up for the game....finishing with a 10 goal last term
Matty Wright played well throughout
Sam Shaw's flexibility in positioning
Bernie's best game for the year
119 point win without everyone firing and 2 injuries early on

Bad
Our injuries
Some of the entries into the forward 50 in the first half
Seemed to be mentally missing early on

Ugly
Nothing ugly as such...just did what had to be done.

FFS, we won by 119 :D points, do we really need a bad and ugly section today?

Yes Alex, we're here to discuss footy. There's always something you can improve on.

Bad:
Luke Brown didn't do much that made me sit up and go "woah" Got a taste of it, but Doughty offers more right now

bit harsh! browny did all that was asked of a teenage debutant.

good - %, vince, talia, shaw up the ground and smith.

bad - brogans early dominance, injuries.

ugly - the afl's fascination with red seats at the 2 new empty ovals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More like, bitch and moan about. Something this board does with regularity. Play on then

Do you disagree with anything anyone's said in the Bad and Ugly parts so far?

Do you disagree with anything anyone's said in the Bad and Ugly parts so far?

It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing, its a matter of post getting added simply for the sake if it. Some of the stuff doesn't need to be said.

Injuries? happen every week
Jenkins and Lynch? first game back, it's totally unexpected they would be best on ground
and then give it time before Chris Knights and Richard Douglas get the whipping from the usual suspects as they didn't get 40 possession and kick 5 goals.

We won by 119 points FFS. Look at the positives

The Good:
Bernie, look beautiful on the piste.
Talia, killed Cameron and then followed him into the forward line when Chocko conceded defeat. If he kicked the last goal the Rising Star was his.
Wrighty, competing with Pets for our most improved player
Thommo and Sauce, were Thommo and Sauce
Porps and Radar, took the black run and looked great
Sammy Shaw, yes he is more than just a defensive third tall
D-Mac, I'm on board
Nutta, can he play til he's forty?

The Bad:
Nothing really. Lynchy took time to find the ball but still kicked 2 goals
Knighta couldn't get into the game
LB was neat but not into the play much. Kept his man to a minimum of possessions. Is he the new Dogga?

The Ugly:
Injuries to Hendo and Martin

The season starts next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alex_is_on_fire - thoughts on Chis Knights game?

Started slow, I think he found it difficult to get into the game during the second quarter. His 3rd and 4th quarter was much better, he found the ball, was active in the ball movement and linkage of run through the corridor. He was better than last week and on par with the Richmond game. I'd give him a 5 out of 10

I would give him 3 more matches before making a decesion on dropping him as he in form, he will be a very valuable member during the finals. However, if he's dropped now and we need him come finals, him playing his part will become a much harder as the jump from SANFL to AFL finals is massive.

Started slow, I think he found it difficult to get into the game during the second quarter. His 3rd and 4th quarter was much better, he found the ball, was active in the ball movement and linkage of run through the corridor. He was better than last week and on par with the Richmond game. I'd give him a 5 out of 10

I would give him 3 more matches before making a decesion on dropping him as he in form, he will be a very valuable member during the finals. However, if he's dropped now and we need him come finals, him playing his part will become a much harder as the jump from SANFL to AFL finals is massive.

I agree Alex, no chance of him being dropped.
Just flash the GC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back