Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

They have 1 win so far.

Thats pretty shit...

In the future they will be very good tho.

I suppose but in context, their younger bodies struggle to keep the pressure up for a whole game ( though they did against Richmond, when Richmond were playing well). Their game plan is there to frustrate the opposition and hopefully manafacture quick breaks back into the forward line.

In the future it will suck balls playing against Patton and Cameron

Where are you Chief we need an unlike button?

Good..... Percent

Not so good.........from the little I could see (see Bad) we were ordinary in the first half. Partly because GWS were keen to give a contest after last week and partly because we just couldn't get going.
The number of times I thought "lucky this is GWS today" a quality side would have buried us by half time. This is a concern. forget the 119 points that was to be expected from a top 4 team but we are having bad patches in all of our recent games which we have managed to hide by playing outstanding football to correct this. Had we been playing up the road at the SCG instead I think we would have seen a different result.

Bad.......Skoda is a very hard venue to watch live if you get general admission.
They put you behind either goal (which is no problem at other grounds) you simply cannot see across the ground over center because of the empty seats in the background. Fortunately they have a good replay screen on the other side but in that case I may as well stayed at home. I suppose the simple answer is to fill the stadium.
But from what I saw today that may be a few years off.

I don't know how it it translated onto the TV but I thought Jenkins looked good in that game. At the ground you could see him moving around the ground well and reading the play to put himself in a few dangerous spots. His workrate is good and he is a beast physically. Still needs to improve his ruckwork but I think we have a decent player here. An instant upgrade over Smack and definitely worth whatever crappy picks we traded for him. Would be disappointed if he didn't stay in next week.

I don't know how it it translated onto the TV but I thought Jenkins looked good in that game. At the ground you could see him moving around the ground well and reading the play to put himself in a few dangerous spots. His workrate is good and he is a beast physically. Still needs to improve his ruckwork but I think we have a decent player here. An instant upgrade over Smack and definitely worth whatever crappy picks we traded for him. Would be disappointed if he didn't stay in next week.
He's almost a certainty to remain I reckon. With their current set up, the Ruck is WCE's only really area of strength. Even Jacobs, Tippett and Jenkins will struggle to break even with Cox, Naitanui and Lynch.

He's almost a certainty to remain I reckon. With their current set up, the Ruck is WCE's only really area of strength. Even Jacobs, Tippett and Jenkins will struggle to break even with Cox, Naitanui and Lynch.
Interesting when you look through the stats some of our mids didn't get that much of the ball. Need to improve that against West Coast.

Interesting when you look through the stats some of our mids didn't get that much of the ball. Need to improve that against West Coast.

Please consider quality as well as quantity. Stats aren't everything.

FFS, we won by 119 :D points, do we really need a bad and ugly section today?

The club will be analysing what they thought was good and what wasn't and if it wasn't, to what degree.

While appreciating your comment about the constant negativity of some, surely it follows that we supporters will have our own opinion on the good and bad of every game.

Unrelated question: Were you Crows98 in a previous life??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those sticking it to Reilly for that handpass - please watch the replay. He was clearly dragged as he handpassed, so the ball ended up going backwards to the GWS player instead of to the Crows player had the trajectory not been changed.
Whose sticking it to Reilly?

Please consider quality as well as quantity. Stats aren't everything.
Really?
These are the stats from some of our midfielders:

Against the bottom side. Overall we dominated possession but some of our midfielders didn't. Sometimes that happens but against better quality opposition we will lose if we produce those numbers.

Really?
These are the stats from some of our midfielders:

Against the bottom side. Overall we dominated possession but some of our midfielders didn't. Sometimes that happens but against better quality opposition we will lose if we produce those numbers.

but would we produce those stats in a tightly contested game?

doubtful.

For those sticking it to Reilly for that handpass - please watch the replay. He was clearly dragged as he handpassed, so the ball ended up going backwards to the GWS player instead of to the Crows player had the trajectory not been changed.

I haven't had a crack at Reilly about it because it really doesn't matter, but that was a poor error. The sort of error that makes people question whether he will be able to stand up to finals pressure. Yes he was tackled but a good player should be able to ride a tackle and still hit a (relatively simple) handball target - you can't just cough it up like that, particularly 15m from your own goal.

Everybody makes mistakes and I'm not going to lynch Reilly over this one, but it was a bit concerning to me because it is symptomatic of a lingering question mark that I, with many others, have over his game.

I was just pointing out he didn't actually handpass it to the opposition (unlike Doughty the other week). Yes I realise it's a fundamental error but there's not much he could have done whilst being dragged - don't hand ball it you get done for HTB. The player who was waiting to receive it should have anticipated that was going to happen and moved in to make a contest.

Is he in yours? ;) Look, I personally think he's had an outstanding season with one or two exceptions. Who would he be competing with in the AA side?[/quote]
One of the 12 elite midfielders they will try to put in the side in odd positions whilst completely ignoring the genuine small forwards/backs in the comp ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back