Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

The Good
Radar, marked everything that came his way, repelled countless GWS forward thrusts.
Porps, getting back his confidence, overhead marking a standout. Callinan, at last we have a "real" small forward, Mackay, Douglas, Shaw, Talia, Vb, Thommo all very good, Sloane and Danger both worked their way into the match after slow starts. Really didn't think we had any "passengers" today.

The Bad and The Ugly....UMPIRING was shithouse!!!!

What about that snap from brodie smith, right angle snap off 1 step from 50 and bounced over the goal line - the boy's got a hoof!

I wonder if the coaching staff will find anything to critique the players? Or are they just going to be happy with the performance and live in la la land with the fairies

Great!
  • Top of the table, for now! An absolute wonderful percentage boost!!! :thumbsu:
Good:
  • Sauce Jacobs providing plenty in the middle and up forward... Adding more to his repertoire and evolves as a player each game he plays!
  • Porps, Callinan, Bernard, Rory, Lynch, Scotty T, Douglas and the aforementioned Sauce filling in a scoring void in the absence of our two key players in Tippett and Tex. That is a whopping EIGHT multiple goal-kickers! :D
  • Young Sam Shaw providing flexibility after being falconed early... Maybe our stock of utility players has risen with him and Hendo both able to play down back and up forward!
  • Talia and Rutten are so ever reliable as lockdown players. Was happy with the former getting more of the pill as well!
  • Matty Wright doing no wrong in the middle, racking up touches!
  • Luke Brown's debut, although not great, was awesome to see him get a game...! Was very happy with what I saw!
  • Finally, Radar's marks are fun to watch, and a good asset to our team... Although I still am nervous with his disposal under pressure... But alas, t'was a good game from him!
Bad:
  • Injuries, Hendo and Brodie M would be disheartened by their injuries given they have had to fight for their right to be in this team.
  • A shame such a small crowd for the new boys in the comp, but numbers will grow no doubt...
  • The fact that there was a shit telecast by FoxFooty similcasting with 7 made it have no post game disection...
Ugly:
  • Brogan and Chadwick and their smug and aggressive melons on their shoulders!
  • DerWayne with the DWreadful commentary! Shittest ever caller... EVER!
  • Some of the hairdo's on the Giant's team were hilariously ugly! What is it called, Corporal cut? Half the team had it and they were so shit! HAHA!

Good
- Matty Wright, he was simply outstanding
- Bernie Vince is getting his mojo back
- The spread of goal kickers
- additional %

Bad
- Injuries to Hendo and Martin however we will be able to cover them
- Chad Cornes getting so many touches

The Good: We won by over 100 points

The Bad: We didn't win by 150 points

The Ugly: (just because the thread has this in the title doesnt mean you have to contribute)

I think Camo was referring to the snap at the left hand end of screen - Smith kicked around his body from 50 and kicked a point that cleared the behind line. Was a hell of a wallop, even though it missed.
I must have missed that, must have been getting a beer out of the fridge.

I think Camo was referring to the snap at the left hand end of screen - Smith kicked around his body from 50 and kicked a point that cleared the behind line. Was a hell of a wallop, even though it missed.
Yep that was the one I was on about - as I said, the lad can give it a roost, pity it missed, would have had two crackers against his name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane I've said my piece, hopefully we can move on.

Good: lots
Bad: injuries
Ugly: Reilly costing us a goal in the last qtr ;)

Surprised it took that long!

I forgot about it, but thumped the couch at the time. Just like the Tiger's game

I am completely stoked with the win and the margin, but the first half was so bad, its not funny. From both teams

FFS

Good
Big win
Bernie, Dmac having an influence
Porps and Wingers getting goals
Talia and Shaw playing well
Brown looking like a young Doughty (not sure if that is good) he has a way to go still
Truck getting a goal

Bad:
Not having Truck in the Jag comp, would have been the only one
The commentators. You useless sacks of shit, you are paid good money, learn the players names, it isn't good enough
Crap ground to watch footy at during daylight
Hendo and Martos injuries

Ugly:
Palmers injury. Never like seeing facial injuries like that and I hope he is alright. Special shout out to his mum and five sisters who accompanied him in the ambulance out of the ground.

I wonder if the coaching staff will find anything to critique the players? Or are they just going to be happy with the performance and live in la la land with the fairies

There will be plenty to critique but you must keep in mind GWS have an elite squad of juniors coached by 2 premiership coaches, they aren't shit. I have watched them take it up to a lot of treams this year with the exact gamestyle they had today, lots of bodies around the contest to congest which breaks down opposition handpassing.

We struggled a bit to get our forward strategy right ( not suprising given the circumstances) and some of our skills were poor so they have things to work on for next week.

Good
Bernard, hard at it all day.
Doggie's mark and slotting the goal.
Nutta, great mark above his head, seeing he's no bigger than a hobbit...Nutta is so far in front of McIntyre it aint a contest.
Porps, its all coming back, going to be a big weapon come finals.
Danger, despite wearing a GWS player all afternoon, kept cracking in.
Sloane, worked his way into the game, love how he competes one on one or one on two rarely beaten, weapon of a leg from outside 50.
Sauce-continued on from last week, biggest test coming next week.
Thommo...has to be top 2 or 3 for Brownlow at the mo.
Talia...Daniel "The Blanket" Talia carved up Cameron..pity he couldn't kick the last goal, but it did make it 119 so that's okay...has to be front runner for RS now.
27 goals kicked with no KPP!
Shaw is doing the 34 proud, growing every week, can see why the club has stuck with him.
Heard booing of Davi$...great stuff.
Nearly a 9%age booster.
18 goals after half time including Smith's which was a ripper.
Radar having a near flawless game, took some great marks and getting back to early season form.

Bad
Hendo injured...Hendomania for one week...sigh
Second quarter 4.7 should have been 8.3 and game is over, win by 140.
We looked slow in the first half...when those GWS kids get a couple more PS into them watch out they have got pace to burn!
Two umpires with 11 games of experience between them and it showed...
Time of game, have to play at night at Skoda, the shadows were bad and Fox's camera work was worse.
Lynch has to learn that not every ball is going to go over the back, sometimes you have to be the man in front, kicked two, but did himself no real favours.
Our ball movement into the forward line in the first and second terms, really not thinking it through and thinking we had Tippo and Tex down there.
Still saw GWS players getting handballs away when tackled...FFS how hard it it to pin an arm of an 18 yr old?
Leaked a few goals that would hurt us against a better opponent.

Ugly
The amount of head clashes. Patton and Cameron aint going to last long if they keep KOing each other.
Watching Chad and Davi$ cleaning up in the back half in the first half.

Still saw GWS players getting handballs away when tackled...FFS how hard it it to pin an arm of an 18 yr old?
Arguably they aren't that easy to hold onto. Is made harder when they are a fair few kilos lighter and a lot faster. Reverse was true when they tried to tackle us for the most part; most of our players are pretty solid.

Loved the Porpoise' game and recent form, ended with 4 goals and hit it hard like last week. Also loved Bernard's continued improvement. Those 2 will become crucial to us come finals time, it wont be left entirely to Danger Sloane and Thommo in the midfield, and they will both will also be crucial in adding scoring support.

Also great to see Truck go down and slot a goal early, what a champ. Surprised at the calls of Brogans early dominance. I saw Jacobs straight to Thompson at least 4 times in the first 5 mins of the game. Yes Brogan was a solid opponent but still thought Sauce clearly had the best of him. Think they said he had 15 HTA.

Understand this was only written for reaction sake.

But had truck not totally misjudged the mark Reilly would not have had to mop up and try to get a handball through traffic.

Another agenda uncovered

There will be plenty to critique but you must keep in mind GWS have an elite squad of juniors coached by 2 premiership coaches, they aren't shit. I have watched them take it up to a lot of treams this year with the exact gamestyle they had today, lots of bodies around the contest to congest which breaks down opposition handpassing.

We struggled a bit to get our forward strategy right ( not suprising given the circumstances) and some of our skills were poor so they have things to work on for next week.
They have 1 win so far.

Thats pretty shit...

In the future they will be very good tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back