Analysis Good, Bad, Ugly, and Surprising vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the point that when someone did do an up and under kick (eg Butts panicked at one stage in Q4 and hoofed it away) it stood out like dog's balls for being different to how we were playing.

it really did, at times we looked like the Bulldogs last night, really good

Top 5 on ground for pressure acts - Berry (31), Laird (28), Sloane (28), Keays (27), McHenry (23).

Lovely numbers from the mids

number one on debut

There is and always has been something weird about Dangerfield’s spatial awareness/balance. He’s a disaster area, it’s always him or someone around him getting pole-axed. It’s like he’s 9/10ths Brownlow Medallist, 1/10th Brett Burton

he’s a terrible kick. At least twice on the eastern wing kicking south he was completely clear and managed to kick to nowhere

it really did, at times we looked like the Bulldogs last night, really good

number one on debut

he’s a terrible kick. At least twice on the eastern wing kicking south he was completely clear and managed to kick to nowhere

To be fair, we did extremely well at running him down and pressuring his disposals for most of the night. This was definitely different from usual.

In addition to everything else...

images
PXL_20210320_082735513~2.jpg

Funny, its almost like nicks deliberatly hid our game style in the preseason as we looked totally and utterly different out there. So much to unpack from the game but i like the line' all played well'

Toto Wolff was in charge of our preseason performances.

I truly believe the crowd giving them a standing ovation at 1/4 time was why our 2nd 1/4 was elite, would have given the boys such a rush!

That kind of worried me. I think we probably all expected Geelong to switch it on and run over the top of us and in years gone past after a big first quarter there'd be backslapping and a job done mentality. But they came out in Q2 breathing fire. Just outstanding. Such a mature, ferocious and unrelenting game from such an inexperienced side.

If you've got a device that supports Chromecast. Or laptop via HDMI?
Yeah got Chromecast

Can cast Netflix, Optus Sport, Amazon Prime... everything else to my TV ok. Not Kayo for some reason

Moonwatcher , those two posters have a long-standing disagreement about your assertion

its always hilarious to watch unfold

nothing to be embarrassed about, in fact there’s nothing as fun as reigniting long-running feuds

That kind of worried me. I think we probably all expected Geelong to switch it on and run over the top of us and in years gone past after a big first quarter there'd be backslapping and a job done mentality. But they came out in Q2 breathing fire. Just outstanding. Such a mature, ferocious and unrelenting game from such an inexperienced side.

What really worried me was the team's public joy before marching off at half time. It had a distinct feel of premature celebration and March premiership about it. Thankfully, we played a fairly decent second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a shade too young to be able to remember the premiership years but today was one of my favourite ever games, probably right up there with the away win versus Sydney in 2012. Awesome effort.

We were absolutely gassed for so much of the match but because we structured up so much better than we have done for the last decade we could hold back the tide, just. Those other rare moments where we displayed that sort of relentless defensive pressure were under Walsh and Pyke on the days where Camporeale must have been stuck in traffic getting to the ground.

Is there anybody who actually believes Himmelberg is better than Frampton? (Not rhetorical)

Hard call, on what Frampton showed today, both have the ability to bring the ball to the ground and take a mark, which has been missing from our F50 for a while. If Billy brings that effort most weeks, he has the position...as bad as it will be to hear consummate ****wit Dwayne Russell yell "Frampton comes alive"...as if nobody had the thought before...I swear to ****, if a fellow commentator snots Russell, it won't be a minute too soon

we did get the best of it, but then Geelong were gifted 3 goals in about 5 minutes from dubious free kicks. Free kicks in front of goal and worth a lot more than normal free kicks

Did they ever find the sniper in the stands that took down Guthrie in the 3rd?

Yeah got Chromecast

Can cast Netflix, Optus Sport, Amazon Prime... everything else to my TV ok. Not Kayo for some reason
There should be no reason. Make sure your Chromecast and your phone are using the same wifi connection (ie 2.5 or 5)

Actually from memory, first generation Chromecasts aren't supported by Kayo. So that might be your problem

After a hundred beers..

- Keays: Just love this bloke. Max effort 100% of the time. Makes mistakes but doesn’t let it phase him, just makes up for it at the next contest. An absolute ripper.

- Tex: A special game from him, so clutch in the moments he had to be and just made things happen. Wound back the clock and hopefully can continue to do so because at that level, he is a game winner.

- Berry: Tackled like he’s played 100 games. Got his running patterns a bit crook but the intensity level was seriously impressive. One of those blokes you just can’t see being dropped from AFL level now he’s had a taste.

- Billy: Mongrel, finishing ability under pressure and doesn’t bite off more than he can chew.

- Hamill - Reckon he probably saved us conceding 5+ goals from his pressure acts and not giving up on contests. Lightening quick too.

- Lynch - Excellent today. Tidy, composed and the leadership he showed to go back late in the 4th and provide aerial contests (which has never been his go) was really important.

Lots of others: Ned (he’s a footballer, I see it now), Shoey’s progression, Sloane’s love for the contest, Butts’ 1st half.

But more than anything, grit. Might be one of my favourite crows games ever.

There is and always has been something weird about Dangerfield’s spatial awareness/balance. He’s a disaster area, it’s always him or someone around him getting pole-axed. It’s like he’s 9/10ths Brownlow Medallist, 1/10th Brett Burton

Never had the footy smarts that a guy like Dusty has, but makes up for it in sheer force of will and explosiveness. Plays the wrecking ball style. Would rather run through tackles with sheer power than sidestep/evade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back