• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachie Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep fully believe today we kicked at goal like a team that hoped to beat a contender, not one that believe they could.
The early misses sets the scene. Get the first couple and they start getting kicked from everywhere. The pies did a good job of cutting our small forwards out of the game today as well. We didn't get our usual ascendancy there.

Whats the point in buying a membership when, according to you, we should just hand back the license?

It buys me the right to be sick to my ****ing guts every time they do that.

Which is a why I'd be better if they handed back the license.

The early bit was Obvs frustrating missing so many chances

But that last quarter was frustrating for other reasons , we didn’t go for it enough and played too safe … bit of a pattern when we get on top for a quarter we can’t back it up
All teams just seem scared against Collingwood in last quarters now. If you aren't up by 6 goals+, then Collingwood just believe they will win and it forces opposition to go defensive. Essendon were flawless for 3 quarters last week and then shit the bed in the last quarter when Collingwood got a sniff; happened several times last year too. It's ridiculous how good they are at never giving in.

We are currently playing a brand of footy that could make finals. We have been in winning positions in nearly all of our games and have been 'in' all of our games. With a team on a trajectory such as ours we should be seeing improvements each year. If we don't make finals this year it should really happen next year (1 year). Should take the next step by the following year (Year 2). Top 4 is anyone's version of contender. Surely.

Given what we have seen so far this year and extrapolation for natural improvement, fitness and any further recruitment gains that should be what is realistic.

As I said anything less is stagnation.
So you are expecting us to be around 5-8 next year and then jump to the top 4 straight away the following year? I think we will need to be 5-8 for a few years and then make a jump. Hence 3 years.

You kick that bad for goal, you need to work harder to win..

Nearly did it, against a good team.

I noticed late we lost our shape, allowed some cheap ball down the ground.

One in particular was Doedee and Pedlar, members side just inside D50.

Collingwood player gains posession. Pedler called for Doedee to keep running to the wing to cover down the line. Doedee had momentum running that way. Pedlar to cover, he was facing the opponent

Instead Doedee stops to cover the Collingwood player. Pedler was in no man's land.

Collingwood get two cheap possessions down the line and score.

Little s**t like that needs to be cleaned up before we take the next step.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Astute.
Nicks has gotta wake up to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he was the only player to have a turnover tonight...Butts had 2 turnovers all night, 5 1%'s, 7 intercepts, 7 marks (2 contested) he was miles away from our worst tonight.
Butts needs to learn his limitations and never do short passes. His kicking is not good enough for that. I would rather Keane who's kicking is good but I don't know if he's fit enough yet. We also need Parnell back in whose kicking is pretty good. Worrell is missed as well.

So you are expecting us to be around 5-8 next year and then jump to the top 4 straight away the following year? I think we will need to be 5-8 for a few years and then make a jump.
We often see teams jump straight to top 4 or get there after a year lower half of finals.

We did a full rebuild so if we got it right we should come charging. Sticking around the lower half of the eight is for sides that are either trying to hold onto the past or have an average list and hit their ceiling.

I thought the backline Played well they kept Collingwood to a low score they defended well.

Decision making was mostly good up till half forward and then it just broke down from there.

Why we kept kicking it to Moore and on top of that why couldn't we compete with him? Was just taking marks for fun in that last 1/4

First qtr we ran at the Pies defense and broke them up.
Should have been over at qtr time if anyone could care for the ball between the sticks - that's on the players.

From the 2nd qtr we stopped running at the Pies defense and went long into half back and they just mopped up everything that was over head except when Thilthorpe was under the ball.
Gotta love the backwards handball that Schoenberg delivered and I think it was DeGoey cut it off and got it forward to Sidebottom for the win.
Absolute sheer ****ing stupidity. Nix/Crows 101 shit football.
Is Soligo injured? was one of our best in the first half. And they subbed him?
If he isn't injured then our coaches have not one clue on how to read a game. - This is on the coaches.

What was wrong with Rankine tonight? His front and square stuff tonight was atrocious - actually he sat on the outside waiting for the cheapie all night.
Billy Frampton had 26 hitouts. **** me.

Quite possibly the worst choke we've had in Nix's tenure.

52 hit outs to 27 but lost clearance 46 to 25. Something is clearly wrong there. ROB is a great ruckman but there is a massive disconnect with the mids.
His marking has been great but his taps to advantage continue to be poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good, Bad, Ugly v Collingwood

Back