Review Good/Bad/Ugly v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Got an absolute ride from the umpires.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

These are the pathetic type of gutless wonders we then cop in Victoria who are scared of the crowd booing them and shaft us.

It's not that hard.

Umpires who lack the courage to actually be an umpire and make decisions based upon what they see need to be weeded out.

In fairness, two of the umpires had less than 20 games at AFL level between them. We cut slack for players of that experience; rookie umpires are similarly adapting to the pace of the game.

Bit early to be writing off Keath.
2018 was his time to shine. Lever's departure left an opening for him, but Doedee has slammed the door closed on that option. Injuries haven't helped his cause either, but Doedee has well and truly made that position his own. Talia & Hartigan are both ahead of him as the primary talls, and that's unlikely to change anytime soon. He can't wait them out, because all 3 of them are the same age (there's only 6 months between the 3 of them).

Some people here were speculating about him moving to the forward line, based on his junior history. We have a full house for now, with Fogarty clearly earmarked as the next man up. Once again, there's no vacancy, and age is not on Keath's side.

I'm not writing him off in terms of his ability. I just don't see where his opportunity is going to come from. I don't see him overtaking any of the incumbents. I don't see any of the incumbents requesting a trade, thereby creating a vacancy for him. I don't see any of the incumbents retiring in a timeframe that works for him. So how does he get into the team, for long enough to establish himself?

Hamstrings are only a short-term injury, unless your name is Brad Crouch. He's not going to move ahead of Doedee, Hartigan, or Talia, based on a 3-week stand-in gig.

Disagree, don't think Hartigan necessarily has the credits in the bank that if Keath put together a 3-4 week Doedee good stretch that Hartigan would be a walk-up start.

Hopefully the above is very hypothetical though.

Disagree, don't think Hartigan necessarily has the credits in the bank that if Keath put together a 3-4 week Doedee good stretch that Hartigan would be a walk-up start.

Hopefully the above is very hypothetical though.
Hartigan is the most vulnerable. Even then, I think he has more credits in the bank than many people suspect.

Don't know who it was who was saying we are overrating Greenwood. 1st half he was superb as a contested tackling machine. Faded in the second. Can't wait to see him build up a good tank and gain some more experience. One of the best tacklers in the game already. Clever player as well.

Huge fan of Milera but I didn't think his game was actually that great. He was good but he got a lot of easy possessions and didn't take the game on like I think he could have. Not complaining as he needs to learn to get his hands on the ball like that. Will do wonders for his confidence. He'll iron out those errors. Usually clean and precise.

Brown excellent. Gun footballer.

Thought the crows actually played pretty good. Let down on the scoreboard by some average goal kicking. Was evident that crouch and Greenwood slowed as the game went on. They were our two best mids in the first half.

Will be great to have a fit Sloane and crouch. A number of players are building well. Lynch, Greenwood, Seedsman, Douglas, Talia and Milera are hitting good form. CEY is also improving. Not sure if he stays in.

Think the signs are good.

Gibbs has been quiet ish so we haven't been too reliant on him the last couple of weeks.

Let's hope for a better run with injuries.

https://gph.is/2FrCODF
Hugh with the old lookaway handball
Puzzled by this. Old look-at handball, more aptly.
He was looking directly at the bloke he handballed to, then did a basketballer's turn to make position down near the base of the court --- except there is no court. Look again, because he stops when he realises he's turned into nothing. Very odd spin, fooled no-one, just looked fancy.
Shouldn't he have run forward at the ball recipient to shepherd the GC player on the left out of it?

Many of us saw Gallucci as CCs replacement and we saw last night the first real sign of that coming to fruition.

I was really hopeful about that and then seriously worried after Gallucci’s start to the year. Shows how tough it is to play well in our SANFL side at the moment; plus he got injured.

Love his spark on the weekend; that crumbing goal off the back of the back was a beauty - sizzled with pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see if Collingwood nominate Jake's brother Will this year a 195cm KPP who played in defence last year but is spending time up forward this year for the Oakleigh Chargers in the TAC Cup Comp and is a teammate of our father/son Zac Hart. Could see the scenario we might just look at him if the Pies pass him over.

Has Ben Hart’s family remained in Victoria?

Hamstrings are only a short-term injury, unless your name is Brad Crouch. He's not going to move ahead of Doedee, Hartigan, or Talia, based on a 3-week stand-in gig.

Probably not but injuries happen and we need ready to go replacements. His constant injuries are frustrating but he’s worth hanging onto for solid depth, and the potential that he moves ahead of Hartigan.

What’s the alternative anyway? Cut him for a skinny kid? I don’t really get what you’re pushing?

Probably not but injuries happen and we need ready to go replacements. His constant injuries are frustrating but he’s worth hanging onto for solid depth, and the potential that he moves ahead of Hartigan.

What’s the alternative anyway? Cut him for a skinny kid? I don’t really get what you’re pushing?
The question is whether or not Keath will ever make it into our best 22, given the context of a previous post which suggested that we have a surplus of defenders on our team list.

Keath is handy depth, and we've already seen this year how important depth can be. But will/can he ever be more than just a depth player? Will he ever be able to own a position in the team, in his own right? I think he's probably capable of being an AFL standard player, but I don't see where/how he's going to get that opportunity at Adelaide.

Don't know who it was who was saying we are overrating Greenwood. 1st half he was superb as a contested tackling machine. Faded in the second. Can't wait to see him build up a good tank and gain some more experience. One of the best tacklers in the game already. Clever player as well.

Huge fan of Milera but I didn't think his game was actually that great. He was good but he got a lot of easy possessions and didn't take the game on like I think he could have. Not complaining as he needs to learn to get his hands on the ball like that. Will do wonders for his confidence. He'll iron out those errors. Usually clean and precise.

Brown excellent. Gun footballer.

The same guy who would relentlessly talk up Brodie Martin several years ago even when it was clear he wasn't going to make it at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back