Review Good/Bad v Essendon, Round 21. TOP 2 = SEALED

Remove this Banner Ad

That's disgusting assuming it is genuine (I trust you, but there have been some elaborate trolls here). Hope all works out for the best.
No trolling at all. This is very serious. He'll be okay, but the fact that no-one came to his aid at a game with 40,000 people there really makes me sick.

Congratulations guys. Your foot skills are seriously sensational and you play an entertaining brand of football. Good luck in what I'm sure will be a deep run into September.
What's in the water/beer NW of Melbourne, up Essendon way? ;)
You're the third Essendon supporter in 4 pages to wish us well --- thanks, appreciated. :thumbsu:

Whats the situation with alex keath . When hampton and hartigan are fit does he have to go back on the category b list? I hope not as he is a heaps better footballer than hartigan. Give him a couple years and he will be a beauty.

Whats the situation with alex keath . When hampton and hartigan are fit does he have to go back on the category b list? I hope not as he is a heaps better footballer than hartigan. Give him a couple years and he will be a beauty.
Was mentioned on the Keath thread they can put Beech back on the rookie list and he can stay on the main.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

No trolling at all. This is very serious. He'll be okay, but the fact that no-one came to his aid at a game with 40,000 people there really makes me sick.
Did you shout for help or call for security straight after? Probably best to leave it in the hands of the police or security footages. I highly doubt anyone on this forum can be of assistance in this matter. Hope he recovers soon.

That's disgusting assuming it is genuine (I trust you, but there have been some elaborate trolls here). Hope all works out for the best.
I agree, very poor. Hope he's okay and please contact the AFL/news about this, king hits are pathetic and can kill people. Luckily he didn't hit his head on the cement.

Hey folks, congrats on the win.

Don't want to put a dampener on things but this is VelvetSledge's partner. He's been coward punch / king hit tonight by a Crows fan just outside Southern Cross Station near platform 10. If anyone saw anything or knows anything then please PM me or just reply here. I'm taking him to the hospital now, he's very badly concussed. The guy was around 5'11", kind of round body shape, with brown hair and a Crows jumper with #9 on it. Thanks again all.

Terrible. Really sorry to hear that and hope he recovers quickly.

Did you shout for help or call for security straight after? Probably best to leave it in the hands of the police or security footages. I highly doubt anyone on this forum can be of assistance in this matter. Hope he recovers soon.
Honestly, I wasn't with him at the time, he kind of just went down as far as I'm aware. We're in touch with police but I don't imagine they'll be able to do too much at this point. Thanks for the concern though, folks. Congratulations again on the win.

Talia's form is worrying me. Not sure if he is injured but seems slow. Keath for mine has added to our backline and must stay in finals time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, I wasn't with him at the time, he kind of just went down as far as I'm aware. We're in touch with police but I don't imagine they'll be able to do too much at this point. Thanks for the concern though, folks. Congratulations again on the win.

This'll be a very hard one to work out. I just hope the medical side of things works out and anything further is a bonus.

The worst part of the game was when Ling, the sycophantic ****, in the middle of play, used a regular marking contest from McGovern to lay out fait accompli defence of the dirty little shitberg Toby Greene.

**** off Ling.
This! :thumbsu:
Another thing about the biased commentary was how quickly they've jumped off the Richmond bandwagon, when ALL week Richmond were being hailed as the Vics next Great Hope (Bulldogs-like). *PPPFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT* <== air, going out of Richmond balloon.
On the topic of Toby Greene, I have never, ever seen a player sprig-kick someone in the face while receiving a handball. In general, the commentary defence of that little rat's mongrel act is that he was defending himself before he got tackled!!!o_O WTF, with a boot to the face???
If he had fended the bloke off in the face with a hand, he would've been pinged for a free lick --- I'll be dirty if Greene doesn't get at least a couple weeks for his latest piece of sh** act.

Went to the game tonight – finally broke a run of losses when I’ve attended Crows matches at Etihad!

Overall felt that we never really got out of second gear. When the Bombers got on a run, we were able to respond and kick clear – which we did twice! Footskills were sharp - at times we were getting the ball into our F50 very easily, and able to switch play and work the ball out of our back 50 without turning it over.

Matt Crouch, Smith, Douglas and Rat all had good games. Jenkins took a bag of contested marks and improved as the game went on. Also liked McGoverns game. Eddie (and Tippa) very quiet – I think a lot of people had gone along expecting to see some freakish goals. Lots of Bombers fans around me stayed to the end – “because Eddie could still do something!”

For the Bombers I thought McGrath was very, very good – had the better of Betts and aside from a turnover that cost a goal, always seemed to know which side of the contest the ball would be coming from when they were kicking out from defence to 50/50 contests. Lever on Daniher was a mismatch which the latter took advantage of in the first half.

Not sure what to make of Cale Hooker’s performance or how that reflects on our backline. A few Bombers fans around me were surprised he was that actually kicking goals – apparently he went 2.5 last week, and a couple of them were remembering a match where he we went 0.6 or worse. Possibly earns the award for spud player of the week who we manage to make look good.

Umpiring was a bit off, with quite a few strange decisions that went in our favour – felt doubly weird with the match being interstate. Remember one very dodgy call that had everyone scratching their heads – Bombers player kicked it to a player who marked on the boundary line – should have been a mark or OOTF, but was considered touched over the line and a boundary throw in.

Hey folks, congrats on the win.

Don't want to put a dampener on things but this is VelvetSledge's partner. He's been coward punch / king hit tonight by a Crows fan just outside Southern Cross Station near platform 10. If anyone saw anything or knows anything then please PM me or just reply here. I'm taking him to the hospital now, he's very badly concussed. The guy was around 5'11", kind of round body shape, with brown hair and a Crows jumper with #9 on it. Thanks again all.

Thats terrible. Hope your partner recovers soon. All the best.

Betts 11 goals in the last 8 games since the bye. Needs to buck his idea's up and go back to basics.
Yeah and 4 of those against PA last week, 2 of which were brilliant.
In the minor round we can afford for Eddie to get it wrong occasionally but in the heat of finals his ability to share the ball and provide pressure in the forward line while creating opportunities out of nothing will be more important to our chances.

I'm starting to think that Eddie might be feeling pressure to do something genius/different/uncanny every time the ball comes close. If so, "back to basics" is probably good advice, but Huntercrow is spot-on. 1) he'll always attract the opposition's best small defender and 2) his presence and opportunity-creating are still elite, even if he has (by his own standards) a quiet game.

Just an outstanding win. Plenty went wrong and a few players look sore but got it done.

Now don't squander it. Anyone even slightly sore shouldn't play Friday. No crap about continuity or any other junk that derailed us last season.

This really. We didn't need to go out there and absolutely demolish them. We looked to be in cruise control for most of the night, and whenever Essendon challenged us, we responded and switched the momentum. Did what we had to, when we had to, to get 4 points and tie up a top 2 spot, which I've seen squandered sooooooo many times. We've set ourselves up well... time to make it count.

Brad Crouch has really lifted and has been great the last 8 weeks but he needs to work on his disposal. Will be the thing holding him back from being a star of the comp if he doesn't improve it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v Essendon, Round 21. TOP 2 = SEALED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back