Review Good/Bad v St Kilda, Round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win. Needed that. Greenwood outstanding - 17 possessions, 16 of them contested. Beech's goal and subsequent celebration by the lads. Jacobs around the ground. Charlie running too fast! :D Jake Lever. Rory Laird. Atkins did a few nice things. Douglas' first quarter. Otten's first quarter. Lynch! Tex finding some swagger. Also how the boys sang the song. Worried about Sloane. Gotta find a way to get him into the game. Not worried about the meh'ness of the game. We won it early and did all that was required to get the points. 57 points. Job done.

I thought Tom Lynch had dropped of defensively the last month or so but was a lot better on that aspect tonight.

I hardly noticed how quiet Sloane had been till 7 made a deal of it. Credit to the rest of the mids for controlling the game early.

We still have a lot of guys running under the taps at clearances. Doesn't it make sense that if Jacobs can't get off the ground, the tap happens a fraction of a second later and you have to allow for that in getting to the ball drop?

Milera is really starting to back his evasive skills again to good effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Observation - ugly as it may be there is still a place for a tagger in modern AFL. It's a shame our club swore off them. Is Rob Shirley still available?

Given what Greenwood and Beech have produced, could there really be any harm in transitioning out Richard Douglas for Wigg?

I know the answer and I also know it'll never happen.

Don't get much pleasure out of these games anymore. They're like dancing with your sister - you know there's no end game.

Tex - Clearly injured.
Sloane - Another victim of the renowned AFC lack of aggression and support.

Reckon it's a directive of Pyke. Watched Sloane get double teamed at a stoppage and Atkins saw it but used the opportunity to go free and try and get the ball. Pyke's attitude seems to be if they put time and effort into Sloane it'll free up someone else.

Was a ****ing terribly boring game. I seem to remember the saints game at home last year being similar?

Not sure what was going on with our kicking at times. Just weird kicks to no one. Did notice it was extremely dewy and wet on the grass so was probably a bit slippery. Think we were probably just trying to be a bit cute.

I do not understand the Brouch negativity

Agreed. Thought he showed a lot of intensity at the contest. Most tackles on the ground. Plenty of clearances. He's got to be given time to build. Kid hasn't even played 50 games yet, and I doubt he's played more than about 15-20 games in a row.

Thought Jacobs was great tonight, provided a lot of options around the ground. Great to see Tex get a bit of his mojo back too.
Seems like we have lost a bit of our confidence from earlier in the year, so many times tonight when we took a mark we didn't take the 1st option instead waiting untill the saints has flooded back and then just had to kilck it to a contest or bomb it long. Would love to see us take the game on and break the lines again like we were.

We won ugly by 10'goals and are 9-3 heading into the bye

Laird and Lever were excited excellent, Lynch and Tex were our best forwards, Douglas 1st half was fantastic, love Greenwood's contested work, M. Crouch good for 4 qtrs and Beech contributed in debut

Overall I thought we were a little off, our hands were poor and we over used the h/ball

Otten, take away the footy romance he is a liability, poor agility and 2nd efforts especially if Otto doesn't mark the ball

Eddy, a little bit lazy tonight and tried to be a little to cute at times

Need a little more output from Knight, Cameron and Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v St Kilda, Round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back