Review Good/Bad vs Geelong at Kardinia, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet you’ve spent the morning arguing that we should and we’ve said fine as long as all clubs do. So why are you here?
I'm here because I thought it was amusing that somebody could have a big enough chip on their shoulder to try and tell people the Crows shouldn't travel to KP full stop.

Then you came along and tried to tell everyone Adelaide were forced to play finals at KP ... you kept persisting with that line of questioning despite being told it doesn't, or never will happen. I was just being polite and answering.

Yes, all clubs should inc Richmond.

I'm here because I thought it was amusing that somebody could have a big enough chip on their shoulder to try and tell people the Crows shouldn't travel to KP full stop.

Then you came along and tried to tell everyone Adelaide were forced to play finals at KP ... you kept persisting with that line of questioning despite being told it doesn't, or never will happen. I was just being polite and answering.

Yes, all clubs should inc Richmond.
Can you quote one of my posts where I said we were forced to play finals at KP? When you can’t can you just admit you got it wrong and move on?

I think the AFL will schedule a Crows vs Geelong final at KP. I doubt the AFL will play it in Melbourne.
Think again mate. It will be at the MCG. The AFL have already indicated that the only way we'll get a KP final is if it falls against GWS. Even then they're in two minds.

This was a killer in my view....Gibbs' pathetic effort going on half time I think where he allowed Hawkins to mark - absolutely no desperation. Fortunately he missed that goal - so it could have been 4.0 in that period if he kicked truly. That epitomised what Gibbs is like at the moment. He's a shadow of the player that was regularly in Carlton's best.
Our one-paced midfield was once again shown up. Get rid of Dougie and Gibbs and bring in Chayce Jones and hopefully CEY is right next week, along with Lynch, as Davis is not quite ready yet.
CEY doing well but want to get rid one paced mids with CEY though doing well is probably most one paced mid we have ,
not saying should not come in but won't solved the problem which you rightly raised.

Think again mate. It will be at the MCG. The AFL have already indicated that the only way we'll get a KP final is if it falls against GWS. Even then they're in two minds.

As a Crows fan, I hope you are correct but the AFL have about as much integrity as Trump does.

They just make it up as they go.

Can you quote one of my posts where I said we were forced to play finals at KP? When you can’t can you just admit you got it wrong and move on?
Mate you kept asking if I thought it was fair that you blokes 'should' play finals at KP but Richmond don't

Now tell me when you last played a final at KP

As a Crows fan, I hope you are correct but the AFL have about as much integrity as Trump does.

They just make it up as they go.
So you're ok with playing a final against Geelong at AO?

So you're ok with playing a final against Geelong at AO?

Are you looking for an argument?

I never said anything of the sort. I’m of the belief, the AFL will schedule a Crows vs Geelong final at KP if the Geelong Football club earn the right to host one. I do not believe it will be at the bigger MCG or Adelaide Oval.

I don’t believe the AFL will even consider the traveling Adelaide fans and just plonk the game in Apollo Bay!

Serious question. What was the reasoning behind playing the final against freo there and why the reluctance to repeat that? Especially given the recent upgrades to the ground.

Mate you kept asking if I thought it was fair that you blokes 'should' play finals at KP but Richmond don't

Now tell me when you last played a final at KP
So you got it wrong and misread it. I never said we were forced to play finals there.

Oh and not one person said we shouldn’t play finals there if all teams are required to.

As for you being here because you were amused someone had a chip on their shoulders that we shouldn’t have to play there full stop, that’s another thing you misread.

So perhaps move on if you struggle so badly with comprehension.

Serious question. What was the reasoning behind playing the final against freo there and why the reluctance to repeat that? Especially given the recent upgrades to the ground.
A rare fixturing situation, in which the other three finals that weekend were played at the MCG, gave the AFL the option to allow Geelong a home final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** these comments frustrate me. Pyke in his presser said:

"Our guys were probably guilty of getting too many to the contest and we didn't hold balance as well as we would have liked. We felt like we were bees to a honeypot at times, versus being able to hold on the outside. When we didn't get it done on the inside, that ball spilt out and put pressure on our backs and cost us field position."

Getting sucked into the contest is a known issue with the Crows. It has been happening for years and years. What will it take to get it addressed? Another 10 losses?

Are you looking for an argument?

I never said anything of the sort. I’m of the belief, the AFL will schedule a Crows vs Geelong final at KP if the Geelong Football club earn the right to host one. I do not believe it will be at the bigger MCG or Adelaide Oval.

I don’t believe the AFL will even consider the traveling Adelaide fans and just plonk the game in Apollo Bay!

You can breath easy mate.

But even if Geelong finished first at the end of the home-and-away season, the AFL are highly likely to force the Cats to play their home final at the MCG or even Marvel, with the league’s position that you can’t lock supporters out.

Just to refer back to Douglas.

Personally I think he is getting to the stage and age where if you arent asking the question about replacing him then you dont have the best interests of the club in your thinking

After he got injured I felt it was best he stay in the SANFL and help guide the younger players in our squad. Its unfortunate his injury happened and when it did but thats football.

Our analytics guru suggested a paper to read called possession v position in the afl. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3861752/

This was written in 2006 and it covered team play rather than individual. But clubs in 2018 and 2019 are starting to value individual player possession v position count. To be fair I think a lot of us older generation factor this into our thinking subconsciously . And to put a big fat generalisation out there , the Fantasy Generation look at stats and nothing else.

Expecting Betts as a small forward to get 25 touches is insane. And to be fair most of us really dont expect it. Douglas plays more of that hybrid forward/midfield role so , for me , its hard to determine his output expectation.

His last 3 games he has hit 15, 15 and 12 disposals. His K/H ratio has gone from 1/1 to 1/3 . But most tellingly he hasnt impacted on the scoreboard. Not even a point. He has laid 7 tackles - dropping from 3, 3 to 1. Inside 50s he is dropping 4,3,to 1 . Averaging 1 clanger and Contested Ground ball 3,2 and 2.

Others more stats minded can compare other players but a quick look suggests even against his contemporaries he is not impacting the game as much as he should.

tl;dr Douglas is sitting in the pot and feeling the heat

All the big Victorian clubs will say NO and Geelong will need to do as they are told.
No It's the AFL that will say no because of the revenue they're missing out on. They get all the gate takings from finals.

Was a good game, pity we didn't run hard enough in the second half.

Needed to tag Kelly.

Umpiring was okay, but three howlers - the kicking in danger that was called vs the one that wasn't called, and Henry sitting on the ball and not having it called, then handing it off for a goal... compared to some of the early HTB against us

I think if you take the ground bias and VFL bias out of it, I'd be happy. Would be happier with the points but.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Geelong at Kardinia, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back