News Goodbye Power Rangers (gone in 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a terrible mockup I know - but just a basic all white strip with some Hawthorn elements. The chevrons are a throwback to our original guernseys (brown with gold and then gold with brown originally). You could possibly add some faint gold and brown pinstripes through it that would make it look less block white (my design skills on a DIY guernsey design website were limited). I think the gold and brown chevrons stand out well against the white - enough to make it an obvious Hawthorn strip. It would look good with brown shorts also. I think any clash strip has to make use of the HFC crest - as a club I don't think we come close to utilising it enough.

View attachment 201260
Reminds me of the old Brisbane Bears outfit. Certainly something to work though. I do hate the white requirement, surely gold or brown dominance is enough variant.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Power Rangers outfit HFC, yet it's not good riddance quite yet, as my KK present quite clearly points out it's inevitable use again next year, though with some minor adjustments for the 2016 strip...

PowerRangers.jpg
Once again, thanks Hawthorn. :p

Why not go green n gold and just be done with it. Nobody else wears green. It could become Australia's neutrals or non-afl peeps second fave team; an affiliatation to the green and gold of Australia

Why not go green n gold and just be done with it. Nobody else wears green. It could become Australia's neutrals or non-afl peeps second fave team; an affiliatation to the green and gold of Australia
because it has to be predominantly white. The medical fraternity should love us though.

Given I heard they want to go away from stripes, the V is the next best thing.

This is the bastardised version I did of a design by HawkMongrel in another thread

Removed the monogram (unnecessary and not really relevant, where else is it used??) and put a pinstripe around the V and the numbers

Simple, sharp and clean.

eNjXMdz.jpg

Given I heard they want to go away from stripes, the V is the next best thing.

This is the bastardised version I did of a design by HawkMongrel in another thread

Removed the monogram (unnecessary and not really relevant, where else is it used??) and put a pinstripe around the V and the numbers

Simple, sharp and clean.

eNjXMdz.jpg
Nice

The white sux.

Just design a majority gold version of the Indigenous jumper. Then stonewall on the clash strip, let the supply agreement on the power ranger one lapse

have a standoff for a few months then offer to use the indigenous one whenever. The AFL aren't going to refuse the indigenous one being worn more.

stuff the AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like them, but want a bit more of a Hawthorn brand on it, say a monogram. Just something to make it "Hawthorn" and not just a white guernsey

Brown and gold not 'Hawthorn' enough?

I see what you are saying but the best clash jumpers are simple and clean. Adelaide, Power, Dogs, Freo... just predominately white versions of their main strip.

I don't see the issue with embracing white, that's the whole point of the strip. Look at Essendon, in their stubbornness to refuse white, they came up with the HB pencil strip, one of the worst ever.

IMO, once teams start introducing gradients, flashes, invented monograms, cartoon mascots or any combinations of these, they become a bit shit.

I see what you are saying but the best clash jumpers are simple and clean. Adelaide, Power, Dogs, Freo... just predominately white versions of their main strip.

I don't see the issue with embracing white, that's the whole point of the strip. Look at Essendon, in their stubbornness to refuse white, they came up with the HB pencil strip, one of the worst ever.

IMO, once teams start introducing gradients, flashes, invented monograms, cartoon mascots or any combinations of these, they become a bit shit.
Those busier looking ones don't age as well as the simple ones. There are jumper designs from the start of last century which hold up today because of their simplicity.

im fine with going with White, but it would need some identity, more than just a gold/brown V.

A monogram/badge/hawk will give the jumper a bit more hawthorn identity.

The Club has 2 aims with its clash guernsey:
1. Comply with the AFL policy about clash strips
2. Make lots of money off a guernsey they can change every 2 years.

'To be worn against adelaide, west coast and gws'

In 2015 the latter two clubs has sudstantial amounts of white (and dark) so the while is just not logical

A full solid gold top with a little trim is much more logical ( there goes that banned AFL word again)

Solid color so as not to be confused with the opponents in multi panelled visuals

I've seen this one floating around.

View attachment 221517

I don't like that one at all, a mix of stripes and a V, not a good look IMO :thumbsdown:

I reckon they will go for something much more adventurous than the simple classic designs people are coming up with here. (I too prefer the simple designs).

Remove this Banner Ad

News Goodbye Power Rangers (gone in 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back