News Goodbye Power Rangers (gone in 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't hate the new design, however, as someone else pointed out, it looks very much like Melbournes, which throws originality out the window

I like the inclusion of the 'HFC' lettering logo but probably just poorly placed

Suppose we couldn't do much worse than the power rangers

A dark day for our club, rigging a jumper design contest where out of over 1000 entries some girl gets two designs submitted and despite option 3 being a clear winner in both aesthetics & heritage they go with this turd of a jumper. Fwiw I bear no ill will toward Courtney but the people in charge of this debacle should be hung, drawn and quartered.

I agree.

I will never support the club again.

A dark day for our club, rigging a jumper design contest where out of over 1000 entries some girl gets two designs submitted and despite option 3 being a clear winner in both aesthetics & heritage they go with this turd of a jumper. Fwiw I bear no ill will toward Courtney but the people in charge of this debacle should be hung, drawn and quartered.

I think a large issue was the voting was available to anyone, without any need to prove club alliance. Should have been open to members only. I can see opposition fans having voted for the jumper they least liked.

Palms face.

Those in charge of clash guernseys at hawthorn should be moved on to something they'd be more suited to like designing Australia's olympic uniforms or outfits for our miss universe contestant.

Its really holding the club back from gaining any respect from the wider football community.

I don't mind the winning Guernsey although it does look a lot like the Melbourne one, I quite like the look of the finalist 1 design personally, I'm just happy to see the end of the monstrosity that is the power rangers guernsey, that is by far and wide the worst thing I have seen on a professional sports team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I'm concerned, they are both ok (first and second best). I prefer things without logos or monograms and like—actually the winning jersey is pretty much what I submitted, except mine didn't have the large monogram. I enjoy simplicity to the point where would have been happy for the club to run out with a plain white jersey with a brown number and cuffs. The club may have a hand in directing the traffic here, but they did listen to the supporters in general by heading away from the experimental territory.

I'm just happy to see the end of the monstrosity that is the power rangers guernsey, that is by far and wide the worst thing I have seen on a professional sports team

1995 say's hi.

art-353-hawks-95.jpg

This was the one I voted for. Clearly best IMO.

I voted for that too. IIRC most people on here voted for that one. Definitely smell a rat here. Will leave it at that lest I go on my usual rant about why we even need a clash jumper anyway. Doubt I will take the trouble to vote for anything like this again though after this debacle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I kind of want a throw back game where we wear this Guernsey and force Mitch to wear a Platten wig
I gave you a like but if there was a dislike button for the image in my mind right now.. :eek:

I gave you a like but if there was a dislike button for the image in my mind right now.. :eek:
If I had Photoshop skills I would make the image of the rat in this top with Mitch's face a reality

If I had Photoshop skills I would make the image of the rat in this top with Mitch's face a reality
You sir, are the debil.

It'd have to be a pic where mitch is smirking for full effect.

The winning design looks fine. Not sure why some people are so up in arms about it. As with everything in life, you are never going to satisfy everyone.

It's more the process that people are up in arms about. Don't ask for input from supporters if you are not going to take it on board.

I voted for that too. IIRC most people on here voted for that one. Definitely smell a rat here. Will leave it at that lest I go on my usual rant about why we even need a clash jumper anyway. Doubt I will take the trouble to vote for anything like this again though after this debacle.
Totally agree whole thing seemed dodgy from the start. If they ever have a guernsey design competition again im not going to bother with any of it.

Only a slight improvement on what we have.
And if the club is true to its word we will wear it less.
GWS I get, but can anyone find out why we need a clash jumper v WC or Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Goodbye Power Rangers (gone in 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back