Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

You are being kind and very kind. Adelaide game yes was great, but was poor against Port (whole side was but still), meh against the Pies. Good in the last two, forgot the one against Essendon. 2 good games and he walks in, if he wasn't captain would he be near the side?

He was good in the final , I know others say not.

He was solid in his comeback but yeah north, the whole side shit the bed the next 2 then he was building nicely as I said.

If he wasn't captain maybe he played VFL first but he was rightly in the team for the first final, I don't recall anyone including yourself calling for his head before the game

It was as already strapped so must have been carrying it going in.

Then they got that box cuttery thing to take off the strapping so he could put into a bucket of ice

Lot of them tape ankles every week

He was solid in his comeback but yeah north, the whole side shit the bed the next 2 then he was building nicely as I said.

If he wasn't captain maybe he played VFL first but he was rightly in the team for the first final, I don't recall anyone including yourself calling for his head before the game

He was okay in the final nothing more, he's had a very ordinary year, even if you count that one he's had more poor games than good ones this year. I did say before he came back he should play a block in the VFL but I knew what Horse would do we all did. This is exactly why I'm petrified of Horse not being able to make the hard call

It was as already strapped so must have been carrying it going in.

Then they got that box cuttery thing to take off the strapping so he could put into a bucket of ice

A lot of players have sore joints by September, it's a non story, one of the talls, Melican or Grundy were always getting subbed

He was okay in the final nothing more, he's had a very ordinary year, even if you count that one he's had more poor games than good ones this year. I did say before he came back he should play a block in the VFL but I knew what Horse would do we all did. This is exactly why I'm petrified of Horse not being able to make the hard call

I feel like Callum Mills agent in this thread 😂

He wasn't coming off a hamstring strain, close to the minimum recovery time, and as someone who took a while to get going already this year.

If it was the form line from the last 3 including Giants, and no strain, then he's in obviously.

He wasn't coming off a hamstring strain, close to the minimum recovery time, and as someone who took a while to get going already this year.

If it was the form line from the last 3 including Giants, and no strain, then he's in obviously.

Yep but I am responding to the idea he wasn't worth a place in this side pre injury , where we are now is one thing as you say above and that's a separate debate.

LPno1 is basically saying he was shit when he did play

I feel like Callum Mills agent in this thread 😂

Bright side is with a hamstring strain, it's relatively simple to test if it will hold up or not through training. Overwork Mills on Wednesday, see what happens

Adductor strains can feel completely fine, then act up out of nowhere so testing for Reid was always more difficult.

LPno1 is basically saying he was shit when he did play

I've said he has had two really good games, 3 if you include the final. That is it, the rest have been poor to very poor. That's his formline this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bright side is with a hamstring strain, it's relatively simple to test if it will hold up or not through training. Overwork Mills on Wednesday, see what happens

Adductor strains can feel completely fine, then act up out of nowhere so testing for Reid was always more difficult.

100% and the ankle as well is easier to test for logan.

All I know is Mills was carving up the park in the video Friday.

I've said he has had two really good games, 3 if you include the final. That is it, the rest have been poor to very poor. That's his formline this season

No you didn't say he had 2-3 good games you said 1 good game all year

I agree, but he's had more good games than Mills has this season. Mills was fantastic against Adelaide, hasn't played another good game all year.

I feel like Callum Mills agent in this thread
I love the guy, but I think we've shown we can be very very good without him, so if there's any risk, then it's a hard but clear call in my view.

Fox is one of my favourites though, so possibly some positive bias there from me.

They might both play anyway depending on Logan, Campbell etc.

I love the guy, but I think we've shown we can be very very good without him, so if there's any risk, then it's a hard but clear call in my view.

Fox is one of my favourites though, so possibly some positive bias there from me.

They might both play anyway depending on Logan, Campbell etc.

I think all of these options at their best are very good players who will do the job and that's a good thing.

No you didn't say he had 2-3 good games you said 1 good game all year

Has he or has he not played more poor games than good ones this year? He shouldn't be near an automatic selection on form, personally it is that simple. Jmac was different, hadn't played a poor one till the final and the game he was subbed. I love Mills, but Horse better be able to make a hard call and if it blows up again he should cop a LOT of the blame.

Hope Longmire and co have Grundy and McLean studying tapes of Fort and Smith all week. Thought their season was over last week and now potentially playing in the biggest game of their career. Will want to have a big impact and would be much more familiar with Grundy's game than Grundy will be of theirs.

Always seems to be a b-grader who bobs up out of the woodwork against us on grand final day and turns into Buddy Franklin (Langford in 14, Boyd in 16) before disappearing back into the ether.
Ah yes, but who is our Mitch Morton this year?

100% and the ankle as well is easier to test for logan.

All I know is Mills was carving up the park in the video Friday.

Yeah I am confident everyone will be good to go on Saturday.

But all injuries have some element of risk, look at Lachie Neale currently, every game he is in a moonboot.

I think all of these options at their best are very good players who will do the job and that's a good thing.
Yeah.

I think for me one of the best things about this year is that we seem like a very fit side and if we're close enough we'll outlast/overrun teams. Few games like Tigers, Freo, Saints aside.

So given our belief and talent stands up, I'd just rather not mess with the fitness aspect.

This goes for Campbell too, who I've been championing for ages. If he looks hampered at all, then I don't think we should risk it.

Has he or has he not played more poor games than good ones this year? He shouldn't be near an automatic selection on form, personally it is that simple. Jmac was different, hadn't played a poor one till the final and the game he was subbed. I love Mills, but Horse better be able to make a hard call and if it blows up again he should cop a LOT of the blame.

Now you are changing what you said though.

We are going back and forth pointlessly too.

But ok no I disagree that he was poor in more games than. he was good.

He played seven and the first he didn't get to sub off and was only the kangas but that was a solid return and it was only when he was sore the week after that some were a bit like why did he play. At the time it was a good day and we welcomed the skipper and Parker back.

He was actually ok against the dogs but the team was so god damn poor , but he probably got a pass for taking a few marks and he did lay second most tackles by a swan so again that's solid game.

Port everyone sucked. Yes shit game.

Pies I thought he actually showed good signs in the last quarter enough to be good when we got going.

Dons and Crows he was great and looked like him.

First final some weren't happy with him, but he took 11 marks in defence so I mean how's its poor overall, not saying he was in the votes .

So no I disagree and I think he was in decent form without being his best of course.

Yeah.

I think for me one of the best things about this year is that we seem like a very fit side and if we're close enough we'll outlast/overrun teams. Few games like Tigers, Freo, Saints aside.

So given our belief and talent stands up, I'd just rather not mess with the fitness aspect.

This goes for Campbell too, who I've been championing for ages. If he looks hampered at all, then I don't think we should risk it.

You have been consistent on that too so respect your opinion on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back