Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams on Neale could work maybe, but the player to take out then is Parker. Which won't happen.

Otherwise you're making us slower, less pressure around the ground and less able to combat the Lions dangerous smalls.

Adams wouldn't get the same midfield time as he did previously, given we were missing Rowy. Someone would have to be pushed out.

If Campbell isn't right, then could see Adams as sub, or Parker sub, with Adams on Neale some of the time, then Heeney and Warner would have to be up forward a bit more.

JJ will go to Zorko lock it in Eddie. His best roles have been on the half backs who push into the middle, that means Zorko, if they go a mid it would be McCluggage surely.
They threw Zorko at Gulden last time, we'd end up with a 2 on 1 situation.

If Zorko is sitting in our forward line I'd look at Parker on Zorko

For who though? Can't fit 28 blokes into the team.

For Fox as he is a silly sub anyway

Well not silly but will just sit there doing nothing and won't impact heaps late.

Is good injury coverage

They threw Zorko at Gulden last time, we'd end up with a 2 on 1 situation.

If Zorko is sitting in our forward line I'd look at Parker on Zorko

It hardly worked and I'm not putting Gulden in a defensive minded role. JJ to Zorko OR Clugg. Tagging inside mids is the most pointless task. Lets say we tag Neale what does he get...25 touches/ Whats the differnce. I'd go Rowbottom at Neale.

For Fox as he is a silly sub anyway

Well not silly but will just sit there doing nothing and won't impact heaps late.

Is good injury coverage

Fox starts for me but agree it was a silly sub, Campbell was hardly great last week

Josh Gabelich’s summary of Horse’s presser:

"Logan was really good today. We expect him to be able to get through training tomorrow and be right to play. He looked good today, which is terrific," Longmire told reporters at a press conference on Tuesday afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrews sets up half if not more than their scores, whoever plays on him (was Amartey last time and I hated the matchup) has to be doubly defensive against him. I'd actually play Hayward maybe in a defensive role against him. Wilmot is a jet love him.

hes too big and too tall for hayward. when hayward matches up on genuine key position players he gets pushed out of the way

hayward is better playing on a wilmott and curbing his run and hurting him the other way. they dont actually have a great match up for hayward

Horse will become the 19th coach to coach 5 grand finals or more.

If we lose he has the worst losing percentage of the lot by a fair way. He becomes the outlier to all the other great coaches, no one has had that level of big stage failure and kept getting chances.

However , if we win he moves up with Harry , Blight and ahead of Malthouse, Kyne, Dick Reynolds.

Massive opportunity for our coach .

He would be an absolute coaching legend with just one different result

If only we had Billy Frampton
I think we have even better options.

Amartey may not always be as good as he was the other night, but he creates a contest and so often the ball hits the deck, rather than getting outpointed by his opponent.

Logan might be an option if we want to keep him closer to goal.

Fox or Parker can also be nuisances, as evidenced by the other night, or Fox's opening to the season.

Horse will become the 19th coach to coach 5 grand finals or more.

If we lose he has the worst losing percentage of the lot by a fair way. He becomes the outlier to all the other great coaches, no one has had that level of big stage failure and kept getting chances.

However , if we win he moves up with Harry , Blight and ahead of Malthouse, Kyne, Dick Reynolds.

Massive opportunity for our coach .

He would be an absolute coaching legend with just one different result
If we were to lose it would also be the second time Horse's team has lost to a team outside the top 4 after winning the minor premiership...

That just can't be happening.

Whatever he has done preparation-wise the last three GFs, he needs to ditch.

Saturday will be a case of us vs ourselves.
I would be really interested to see that.

At each end you have:
McCartin vs McDonald
Melican vs McLean when deep, otherwise Amartey
Rampe vs Hayward
Cunningham vs Papley
Blakey vs Jordon
Roberts vs Parker

And the mirror matches in the midfield? Boy that'd be something

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back