Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

exclusive-adult-elegant-swan-costume.jpg

vs

adult-lovable-lion-costume.jpg

We lost to Richmond.

We lost to St Kilda

We lost to Port by 112 points

Gee footy is a funny game sometimes.
Also stressful just wanting to get the game started already. I’m shitting myself

We also have to find the balance between going absolute full boar at the start and having enough petrol in the tank in the last quarter. Can’t have another Bulldogs, Saints situation where we just stopped.

It will be absolutely on at the start but have to play it smart too.
The main point for us early is to get into the contest. Get our hands on the ball, hopefully get some goals, and be reasonably placed come quarter time. We never looked in danger against Port with a start like that - we just then gradually turned up the pressure and they wilted.

Brisbane a far different proposition, but we are well and truly good enough to get in front and keep them at arms length all day. A lot of people in the media are forgetting how good our last quarter record is.

What we don't want is a slow start where we are 3 goals plus down at quarter time, and memories of 2022 come flooding back....

I think you've been sucked in by the media this week.

We lost to Brisbane on a hot day by 2 points with bookends injured at their joint. They had Big O. We have Rampe Papley a fit Hayward and Rowbottom to come into that side.

My everything wants us to win but I still don't really trust us. I can see us playing like the Richmond game.

If your're going sorely on a trust basis then yep you would pick Brisbane everyday they were exceptional against Geelong and bloody unlucky to lose in 2023.

I mean how can you trust us after 2022? you just quietly hope the mindset and preparation are right.

Neutrals dont hate us for making another Granny they hate us for stinking out the joint for the past 3 occasions they just want a contest.

Last edited:
Their last quarters are actually their worst, 12 wins, 12 losses and 2 draws.

Compared to us 17 wins and 8 losses it show's we're likely to run it out

havent validated this but in support of the narrative that destiny is in our hands is that we havent lost a game this year if we have won the 1st quarter

havent validated this but in support of the narrative that destiny is in our hands is that we havent lost a game this year if we have won the 1st quarter

Literally the 1st quarter on Saturday will go a long way in determining the winner we cannot be down 26-0 we dont even need to score much ourselves just defend well and be in the contest!

Brisbane best chance is to get a 4-5+ goal gap fast and early and then grind the rest of the game down they will back Andrews/Starcevich to repel our comeback and we wont win the aerial battle as easily as we did against Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just another game according to horse.

Grand Finals are another beast says Chad.

I'm backing in the players to do it for themselves.

I can't see Chad and Heeney wanting this to slip through the fingers.

I'm normally fairly negative but I can see us winning this by 5 goals
I'm glad Chad isn't listening to horse because that 'its just another game' talk has failed the last three times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back